Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Congratulations, KW! (Yes, I owe you a package!)

My husband is in the first wave of "citizens" (non-first-responders) qualified to get the vaccine. He's definitely going for it. I have to wait for a while, but that's okay. We're social-distancing (have been for years) and everyone is careful at work.

I did go to my brother's house for Christmas breakfast. Considering I work with 5 of the 8 other people there, I figured I would be okay. My sister-in-law did lose her Dad to COVID, so sad. They're not even sure where he picked it up. Retired deputy sheriff, but John had an existing heart problem (as did my uncle who died). My aunt is out of the hospital and in a rehab center (where friends of the family work). She was not expected to survive.
    So sorry to hear of your family's loss, CA. I'm glad your aunt is doing better and that your husband got the vaccine.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

CA, I'm so sorry for the toll that Covid has taken on your family. What a terrible year this has been. I'm glad your aunt is recovering. God bless you all with health and healing.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

So sorry CA to hear of COVID’s grasp on your family. Sending hugs and prayers. I had no adverse reactions to vaccine. Work is extremely busy and we are understaffed. Very stressful. Hoping all is well border friends Stay safe.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ireland gone on full lockdown from tonight ..... again!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Our newly-elected Congressman was to be sworn in on Jan. 3rd. Only 41 years old, he passed away just 11 days into a Covid19 diagnosis. Doctors made a point of saying that he had no underlying conditions, and this was strictly due to complications of the virus. This has received a lot of media attention, and I hope some eyes will be opened.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 12-31-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Our newly-elected Congressman was to be sworn in on Jan. 3rd. Only 41 years old, he passed away just 11 days into a Covid19 diagnosis. Doctors made a point of saying that he had no underlying conditions, and this was strictly due to complications of the virus. This has received a lot of media attention, and I hope some eyes will be opened.
    Yes, that was even reported in the UK. I was quite shocked because he looked so young and healthy in the accompanying photo. It is a good reminder that even if your risk of being seriously ill or dying is low, the risk is still there.

KingWalsh, congratulations on receiving your vaccination. With the Moderna vaccine, don't you have good protection from around day 10 of the first dose? That must be very reassuring.

With vaccines likely to be in short supply for many months, my policy would be to identify people who fail to wear masks and social distance and give them the lowest priority, starting with politicians and other public figures who continue to fight mask mandates and support conspiracy theories that it's all a hoax. Of course, those are the people who are more likely to contract the virus but that would be price of their "personal liberty".

In the UK, it's good news that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved and it can easily be taken out to care homes and also given at GP surgeries and pharmacies and also that there should be good supplies. I'm watching to see how quickly the number of vaccinations will increase because it will need to more than two million doses a week to meet the target of vaccinating everyone over 50 by late spring. I think the current rate is only around 100,000/week.

UTW, 10 days after first dose....I read that regarding Pfizer, but I am unsure. It wasn’t in the paperwork they gave me. But as I said I had no side effects and I am so looking forward to the future, although numbers still not good in CT.

FF I saw that regarding politician. So sad, it’s scary and sure doesn’t discriminate. I agree maybe the neysayers will finally wake up.

everyone stay vigilant. Stay safe.

Hi All
    I'm on the 1C list as they are calling it here in California. Can't come soon enough for me. I know some including first responders and hospital workers who are refusing it. Here in SoCal we're a hot bed as they called it. They say that LA County can expect 1000 deaths per week. Wow.
    Here in Orange County we're a little better.
    It gets confusing with all the restrictions the Gov. has put out.We're supposed to stay home as much as we can and not go out of our county if possible. But AirB&B can still rent out with no restrictions and bring who ever they want into our neighborhoods. We still have people protesting masks but stores say if they can't wear a mask they have to have a shield. A group of them pushed their way into a market a couple weeks ago. If I was there I be ticked. Maybe not so much that they weren't wearing a mask but the pushed ahead of those waiting to get in and made it so no one could get in till the police got there. I stay in my neighborhood, have to walk the dog, and in my house. Everything is delivered. What gets me is you hear how they are taking care of the seniors but they're not. The food banks lines are all young people, a lot of seniors don't drive and some don't even have computers or cell phones. There is no free home delivery from food banks for them and they need it the most. Our meals on wheels had a 2 year wait list before all this happened.
    In LA Co. every 6 seconds someone comes down with covid19. The hospitals are running out of oxygens and beds. Ambulance are told to not bring people to the er that have no chance of surviving. Sometimes people have to wait in ambulances for 8 hours before they can get into the hospital.
    I hope everyone is staying safe, remember no matter what people say, it is up to you to take care of yourself. Wear a mask, wash your hands and stay 6 or more feet away from others. We all need to be around for the first Eagle concert when ever it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    Hi All
    I'm on the 1C list as they are calling it here in California. Can't come soon enough for me. I know some including first responders and hospital workers who are refusing it. Here in SoCal we're a hot bed as they called it. They say that LA County can expect 1000 deaths per week. Wow.
    Here in Orange County we're a little better.
    It gets confusing with all the restrictions the Gov. has put out.We're supposed to stay home as much as we can and not go out of our county if possible. But AirB&B can still rent out with no restrictions and bring who ever they want into our neighborhoods. We still have people protesting masks but stores say if they can't wear a mask they have to have a shield. A group of them pushed their way into a market a couple weeks ago. If I was there I be ticked. Maybe not so much that they weren't wearing a mask but the pushed ahead of those waiting to get in and made it so no one could get in till the police got there. I stay in my neighborhood, have to walk the dog, and in my house. Everything is delivered. What gets me is you hear how they are taking care of the seniors but they're not. The food banks lines are all young people, a lot of seniors don't drive and some don't even have computers or cell phones. There is no free home delivery from food banks for them and they need it the most. Our meals on wheels had a 2 year wait list before all this happened.
    In LA Co. every 6 seconds someone comes down with covid19. The hospitals are running out of oxygens and beds. Ambulance are told to not bring people to the er that have no chance of surviving. Sometimes people have to wait in ambulances for 8 hours before they can get into the hospital.
    I hope everyone is staying safe, remember no matter what people say, it is up to you to take care of yourself. Wear a mask, wash your hands and stay 6 or more feet away from others. We all need to be around for the first Eagle concert when ever it will be.
    Hope you can get the vaccine soon, Scamp. Those California statistics are frightening. I agree that a lot of efforts to help folks have missed the mark regarding seniors. For seniors with no transportation or the stamina to wait in long lines; especially those in remote rural areas, the outlook is bleak indeed.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Well, my college has moved the start of spring semester back from January 19th to the 25th. We're still going to have in person classes, though. It's hoped that extra week will allow local numbers to drop once we are a few weeks removed from the holidays.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time