Today our governor Pritzker announced that schools in Illinois will be closed for the remainder of the year. It needed to happen. On Facebook, certain friends are bemoaning this because of senior high school students missing prom and graduation, but it's far more important to stay healthy and ensure health of those less fortunate! They will survive. I don't doubt it's unfortunate, but it's the right call. It infuriates me that people are still downplaying this or denying it outright. It's not a democrat hoax, it's not the government trying to control you, it's not the same as the flu, etc. I understand people don't want to live in fear, and that people get antsy when they are told to do something that they might want to rebel just because they can, but it's just foolish. I'm not saying you have to live in fear but blind optimism is far worse than well-informed realism or even pessimism! Also, stay-at-home/shelter-in-place is extended to May. Prior deadline was end of April. The quarantine/isolation will last how long it needs to, to control this virus and slow or stop the spreading. It's gone behind social distancing at this point, IMO. 6ft is ok I guess, with masks. Our department of health says everyone should be wearing masks, even those not compromised or infected. I personally agree, I think it is pretty smart to do.