Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Reporting back in after my 1st dose of Moderna.

I feel fine. I did have a slightly sore arm the day after as well as a little itching around the injection site. No rash or discoloration, just felt like an itchy bug bite but not as bad as a mosquito bite, it's just what I thought of to describe it. It's now Saturday night and both symptoms are gone with no arm pain or itching. Very tolerable and no other effects.

From what I understand, after my 2nd dose, the day after when I wake up if I feel anything it will be hangover type symptoms of a headache and body aches. That's really nothing in the scheme of things. I'm going to rest and lay around the next day anyway just in case. No appointments/plans/etc. I think it will be very easily tolerated. I will report back when I get it and then a couple days later. Maybe it will help those on the fence if we all can share our experiences. There's no changing the minds of the conspiracy nuts, but the people who are on the fence about should they get one can perhaps be lead to the light of getting one and feeling some level of comfort. I know I am. I will still wear masks and be a recluse for the most part, but I won't have this severe fear knowing that with my health and my condition that I won't likely die from it. That's worth it!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

My Kevin & I had our 2nd Pfizer today. Both of us are feeling fine 8 hours later. Not even a sore arm. Kevin even went to work tonight. I chalk it up to taking care of ourselves. We eat clean, don't take any meds etc.
    Our local facilities were hard to get into. A lot of friends have been having a hard time getting their 2nd appointment, too. But I was able to get us our 1st & 2nd appointments at Cal-Poly Pomona which is a 30 minute drive. It was nice to get out to another place other than the grocery store, chiropractor and the hardware store.

Hubby got the first dose of Pfizer yesterday. This morning I asked how he was feeling, and he said: "Relieved."

It has been very slow with the vaccines where I live. My mom is eligible to get it, but there are such limited amounts here that she hasn't been able to get an appointment. She has several health conditions that put her at risk so I hope she can get it soon. As for me I'll have to wait until its available for the general population. I hope that with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine being approved that more vaccines will be available for this area.

I hope everyone is safe and well!

Stuck on the Border

I became eligible for a vaccine from today and have booked the first appointment for next week at a site just 1.4 miles from home. This is about three weeks earlier than I expected. I'm fairly sure it will be the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and that's ok. A recent study of hospitalisations in Scotland has shown it to have been very effective in the real world.

I'm excited!

I got my first shot on Friday. Other than my arm being sore, I was feeling ok. No side effects at this moment. I already made my second dose appointment for this month.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Our neighbor got her first shot a few weeks ago and her second a little over a week ago. She said it made her arm very sore. After some of the things I've heard, I'm kinda afraid to take it. However I know my doctor will want me to since I am diabetic.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

We got our 2nd Pfizer shot on Saturday and as I said before, things were good when we got home, But not on Sunday.. Side effects were almost non-existent for me, but not Kevin.
    I'll be honest, I was really scared there for awhile last night. He was shivering & moaning and his fever spiked up to over 103. He told me he had a little conversation with Jesus.
    The fever finally broke at around 7:30 this morning. We went to our chiropractor appointment around noon, and dinked around in the yard all afternoon.
    It's all good. We are so relieved to have gotten the vaccines. I feel like we are close to moving on to "normal".

MarthaJo56, that sounds like it was a scary situation! I'm glad everything turned out ok. The side effects are the main concern I have about the vaccine, other than the gauge of the needle.

Here in Utah, Gov. Cox said on the news that he has ordered a gigantic order of the Pfizer vaccine and plans to have every resident of Utah vaccinated by next year. I hope so, I mean I know this isn't a wonder cure. However, with the whole state vaccinated, that will slow the spread. Amazon is intensely watching its employees and there is a mask mandate inside, and a temperature/health check point at the main entrance and a covid test area almost right next to that. I am apart of the janitorial/housekeeping staff and its my job to sanitize a small break room and the two adjacent restrooms. And I am a germaphobe with OCD, so I'm pretty sure my area is the cleanest spot in the entire building.

Stuck on the Border

I received my first Pfizer vaccine last Thursday. My arm was very sore for a couple of days but better now. I have my second shot in March. It has been almost impossible to get a slot for the vaccine here. My gf (who I am forever grateful to) got the slots for my sister and myself(we both have health issues). I had literally been on the computer 7 hours a day 7 days a week for almost one month. I was registered at nine(9) different sites. On one mega site I received a text stating I was the 25,089 person registered and they would let me know when it was my turn! I don't know about any place else, both the whole registration process is crazy here. I am very relieved and thankful that my gf was able to get me the slot. I went to a local CVS.