Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Some nut in South Jersey opened his gym Mon. & Tues against the lock down order. He was issued a summons on Mon. and arrested on Tues. He is one of those nut cases screaming about his constitutional rights. People in the crowd had their MAGA shirts and hats on.
    You know, I just spent about a half hour typing about 8 paragraphs in response to this, but I deleted it. It's just not worth it. As much as I'd love to share it and believe every word, I'm choosing to refrain lol.

I'll just say three things.

1. Good on the justice system. May he enjoy his new view at the "office". 2. I'm not at all surprised at the demographic in attendance. 3. It's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue with every passing day.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I went to Walmart yesterday and everybody (except maybe one or two people) had on masks. That's a first. Wearing a mask is mandatory in my city and I was surprised to see people wearing them. IF they want to shop in Walmart, they have to wear a mask. GO Walmart. Other stores here in Jackson are not enforcing it.

They are opening up outside venue (amusement parks (I'm trying to figure out where we have an amusement park in our state), schools can have their students practice, and waterparks) on Monday.

Churches can let their people come back, of course with restrictions. Technically, my church hasn't close. They had about 10 people there. I will not go back to church until its safe. When your governor says he will be continuing to watch church services online, you know its not safe. With African-Americans having the highest cases and deaths, we definitely don't need to go back.

IMO. I'm so sick and tired of people who don't live here in Jackson complaining about what our mayor is doing. We have the highest cases in the whole state and he's trying his best to "flatten the curve." They need to shut up and worry about their own city.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-23-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I had the opposite at my experience at Walmart yesterday. Now, admittedly, I just went to pickup. However, I didn't see anyone in a mask in the parking lot, nor were the workers who brought the groceries to my car in masks.

This was Tupelo on a very hot day, to be fair. It's possible people were simply waiting until they got inside to put them on.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well we here in Ireland recorded our first day without any deaths yesterday. While unfortunately there were some today the numbers are dropping steadily. Yesterday we had about 55 new cases and today just 37. Things are going the right way for the moment thank God. I hope it continues to allow us open up more facilities on the 8th June as planned.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I had the opposite at my experience at Walmart yesterday. Now, admittedly, I just went to pickup. However, I didn't see anyone in a mask in the parking lot, nor were the workers who brought the groceries to my car in masks.

This was Tupelo on a very hot day, to be fair. It's possible people were simply waiting until they got inside to put them on.
    I'm seeing more of what Soda is talking about. People posting pics on my Facebook from where I live showing them wandering maskless... Ugh.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Yeah, apparently COVID 19 has "miraculously" disappeared from the Xenia area. Very few people wearing masks... and I was very surprised at how many people working in the stores didn't have masks on. (That's a requirement.)

I went to another Walmart on Sunday which is about 10 minutes from my house and barely anybody was wearing mask. My mother and I talked about people not wearing a mask. I told my mother it depends on the city and what a certain store enforce. One Walmart have a mandatory of wearing a mask because the mayor said so while another city don't have the mandatory to wear mask in public. The only store in my town that's actually enforcing the mask is Walmart. I went to Dollar Tree that's just next door, and they are not enforcing it. I have seen people wear mask and some I haven't.

My city mayor is getting flake from other people (that don't live in Jackson) because they think "he's not doing a great job". Like I said earlier to those people complaining about how the mayor is running my hometown. Mind your own business and worry about your own city. Our county has the highest cases in the state (plus the capital city is in that county so that's one reason its high) and we could hit 1,000 sometime next week the way its going. We're already at 908. Luckily the deaths are low.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

My Kevin went back to work tonight (he's an overnight baker at Panera) after being furloughed since mid-March. Although the company is taking precautions by making them wear a mask, taking temps, a pre-shift health check etc, I'm still nervous and anxious.
    He'll be 65 in a couple of weeks. I console myself with the fact that we are both healthy, We eat organic food, take healthy supplements for our immune system and overall health.He's going back just part time, which is good. We are just kind of concerned about the virus resurging.
    So much to think about! And still so much to be concerned about. It is so far from over.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

GA - Glad to hear that things are looking up in Ireland. Hopefully, you all will be over this very soon. On the other hand, here in the U.S., we surpassed 100,000 deaths today. I was watching TV a little while ago and they did a tribute to those who had lost their lives, and I literally was overcome with emotion and just burst into tears. I go back and forth between being very angry and very sad because so many of these lives could have been saved if our government had responded more responsibly and swiftly. People can believe whatever they want, but all you have to do is look at the numbers to get the truth - for example, how do you explain how Japan with a population of 128 million has a death toll of of just over 850. It all boils down to the government's readiness and response. I just hope that, as a country, the U.S. can look back on how this has all been handled here and reflect on some lessons learned. But, I honestly don't have much hope that this will happen in the foreseeable future. I also struggle trying to understand how some people find it acceptable to risk infecting themselves and others just because they are bored staying at home or they don't like wearing a mask. Okay - rant over for now.

Now, for an update on my brother's family. They were tested again at the three week mark and, unfortunately, all of them are still testing positive. So, they have to go another three days with no symptoms before they can get tested again. Once my brother tests negative, he must wait another week before he can return to work. Since my sister-in-law is a nurse, she has to test negative twice and then wait a week after that before returning to work.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dreamer, the thing is, how do we know our numbers are correct? I've heard a lot of different sources that say a lot of deaths are being reported as due to Coronavirus that actually weren't. So our true numbers are possibly much lower. This frustrates me on the whole thing. Why can't they report correctly?........They (hospitals, etc) get lots more government money when they say it's due to C19! Scam in my book!

I hope you brother's family gets back to normal soon. Prayers for them.

I hope we ALL do!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten