Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Very soon my girls should be getting vaccinated as Walshfan stated Pfizer will get the go ahead soon yay! A lot of the cases in our town were from after school get togethers and such where people slack and hang out etc. I think they did a good job with the restrictions they had in place in school systems. We would get emails from superintendent reminding people repeatedly to enforce restrictions while not in school, but it wasn’t happening. I am so lucky that my family hasn’t been infected (that we know of) gotten ill throughout this Ordeal. I wish all the best and its looking closer and closer to a light at end of tunnel.

You know how they say x amount of Americans are not getting their second shot...I dunno, I found that hard to believe. Maybe I’m just lucky in CT people aren’t hesitating we are at like 50% adults fully vaccinated. But my question is.....Do they factor people in that might have scheduled an appointment through the state portal but cancelled for whatever reason but got the second shot at let’s say CVS or Walgreens who is not in the state portal? How do they keep track of that? I know they have the card and document in their system etc but do they merge this information. I imagine they would but just something I wonder. Sorry for rambling lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congrats on getting your vaccine, scottside. And great news about the pending approval of the vaccine for all the U.S. population age 12 and over. I believe most parents will be relieved to have their children vaccinated. And I will also take the booster shot. I'm hoping that we will only have to have this no more often than once a year.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Awesome, KW!

Dreamer - my hope as well. However it all depends on these variants, more variants to come (hopefully none, but realistically...), and how proactive the main vaccine is against the variants will determine how often you get vax'd and if boosters are needed. I have a feeling the people that get the AstraZeneca or the Johnson and Johnson will need more boosters, because it's more of an old school vaccine where it is just a static clone of the virus and gives you immunity. However Moderna and Pfizer uses mRNA, which means it can smartly detect new things over time that are 95 percent the same and block those as well, where the other two I mentioned are more specific to the original COVID strain.

I remember I already had my flu shot for the year when H1N1 came out, and I got the H1N1 shot as soon as it came out to cover it as well. It was a big vaccination center in our local high school gym. There wasn't politicization of that virus, so there was a big turnout for vaccines. There was not the BS downplaying or hoax-ifying going on then nor near the conspiracy theories. There have always been anti-vexers, but the ones related to COVID are mostly people who would have had no problems with an H1N1 shot nor would they deny it's severity. And considering COVID is about a hundred times or more worse, you'd think they'd take it even more seriously but sadly that has not panned out.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Our non essential retail is opening up again tomorrow for the first time since 31st December. I'm looking forward to getting some new clothes and trainers, and also doing some browse shopping.

Also our vaccine programme has ramped up in the last month or so. The plan to vaccinate different occupations at different times was abandoned in favour of a straightforward age related plan, Ie the older you are the sooner you get vaccinated. So I get my first shot on Wednesday coming. Its the Pfizer BioNtech. My follow up will be 4 weeks after that. Fingers crossed!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...cPBMTh6uRNhZhQ

This is so disappointing to see.

I'd believe Eric more if he hadn't done the little anti-lockdown/COVID is overblown song with Van Morrison earlier last year. It wasn't just saving live music (which has lived on with PPV livestreams and the like and a passion I'm very much on board with, as long as we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - our health!). It was all about trying to say COVID isn't that bad and that people shouldn't have to follow restrictions or wear masks and all of that. It's suspicious at best, honestly. I think it's his agenda.

Now he's saying the vaccine isn't safe. He admits the side effects he had were related to his peripheral neuropathy. PN has flareups, who's to say his problem wasn't coincidentally a flareup right around the same time. If it is a side effect, it has to do with the underlying disease. Still, 10 days with numbness and tingling is better than 10 days or longer in the ICU on a ventilator on max settings only to die days later as someone I know's husband just did. He wouldn't take the vaccine due to BS fears about DNA.

I have to say, I take Eric Clapton's story with a grain of salt folks. Again, had he not been such a weasel about lockdowns and trying to spell lies about the severity of COVID (or in this case, lack of), maybe I'd believe him a little more than I do now. I really think Eric needs to seek some better "companionship", if the type of people he is hanging around are Trump-loving, COVID-denying, conspiracy-driven idiots. Clapton should just move to the States, he'd fit right in with some of these misguided sad people over here.

As my buddy Joe would say - come on, man! I highly encourage everyone to give serious doubts to Eric's claims and try to research for themselves. And I say that as someone who was a massive fan of Eric's and considered him an idol of a guitarist and musician and loved his music. This kind of thinking is so dangerous and IMO, puts blood on people's hands when they knowingly choose to spread misinformation. It's one thing to do so and not know any better or be confused, but when you do so to push an agenda, it makes you indirectly responsible for the deaths of those who didn't get vaccinated out of fear, if later they come down with COVID and die. That's just how I feel at this point. My patience and tolerance of these people is wearing so thin it's almost non-existent. I feel sorry for those who don't know any better, but those who do - I show no mercy.

And as far Clapton's comment about so called tyranny. No, Eric. At least here in the US, we just got rid of a tyrant and dictator-wannabe! It's called science. And compassion - which you claim to have but I'm not seeing any real signs of if I'm being honest.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Our non essential retail is opening up again tomorrow for the first time since 31st December. I'm looking forward to getting some new clothes and trainers, and also doing some browse shopping.

Also our vaccine programme has ramped up in the last month or so. The plan to vaccinate different occupations at different times was abandoned in favour of a straightforward age related plan, Ie the older you are the sooner you get vaccinated. So I get my first shot on Wednesday coming. Its the Pfizer BioNtech. My follow up will be 4 weeks after that. Fingers crossed!!
    Awesome GA. I'm so happy for you guys.

Here in the States it is now feasible to go sans-masks indoors and outdoors if you have been vaccinated. I think private businesses should either still require masks or ask for the actual CDC hardback vaccination cards. Not a photocopy, either...I'm seriously concerned about forgeries at this point. Too many people lying and we lose our progress.

Personally, I will absolutely still wear a mask indoors and in businesses. Outdoors, if distanced enough I will not wear it, but I will have it with me at all times. If I'm standing in line somewhere outside, I will still wear it. If for no other reason than to be a role model for those who need a real role model in doing the right thing, even if I don't have to.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

So kids get vaccinated Tuesday. Yay! My little one not yet... I don’t know what to think about Clapton’s symptoms and what not. I am just happy we are on the right track. CT positivity rate has dropped dramatically, at 1.12% and last I checked we were about 70% vaccinated adults. I too worry about forgeries and shake my head at that mentality, Walshfan....like the new pic by the way

I'm over 70 got both doses of Pfizer in Feb with no side affects. In our area we have had a few people break out with shingles after getting the Moderna vaccine but never had them before. Some have minor flare ups of other existing conditions but otherwise no serious problems. Even my 95yr old neighbor got his Pfizer shot in March with no problems, not even a sore arm.

Now I just want to express my opinion about something that kinda bothers me. As I stated in another post on the board how happy I was to find a board where everything didn't become political in some way. I don't want to say they are right or wrong just I'm getting tired of it. I mean it's getting old. I realize people are going to say it's their right as it is, people aren't going to agree on everything, which is true. But to me it just seems to make a post seem so angry.
    That's it, I'm done... Let's make it about the music..

Stuck on the Border

I'm so pleased to hear that the situation is improving in Ireland. Selecting by age is such a pragmatic approach and seems far simpler, more effective and less divisive than selecting by other criteria. Lucky that you are getting the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine.

Today is the big opening up in England as well as different variations in other parts of the UK. We are now allowed to go into pubs and restaurants and other people's houses though with limits on numbers. We're even allowed to travel abroad on holiday. The number of infections, hospitalisations and deaths are very low but unfortunately, cases are increasing in some areas with the "Indian" variant. Early reports are that the vaccines seem to be effective against it.

I'm booked for my second vaccination next week (AZ) and my husband the week after. The second vaccine is now being offered to those over 50 with an 8-week gap but we've decided not to risk the appointments that we have just to get in a week or two earlier. My sons, both in their twenties, haven't heard anything beyond the stated intention of offering a first dose to everyone over 18 by the end of July. As the elder has started traveling to London for meetings and the younger is due back at his office in London by 21st June, I wish this would hurry up. They will be offered one of the RNA vaccines because of the rare blood clot risk with the AZ.

On the positive side, the vaccine uptake in the UK is very high. Initially, the expectation was that it would be around 75% but so far, it's more like 95% of those over 50. Vaccines are now being offered to everyone over 38 and there are surge vaccination programs in some areas where the "Indian" variant is prevalent. It seems that the British public is very pro-vaccine.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 05-17-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    So kids get vaccinated Tuesday. Yay! My little one not yet... I don’t know what to think about Clapton’s symptoms and what not. I am just happy we are on the right track. CT positivity rate has dropped dramatically, at 1.12% and last I checked we were about 70% vaccinated adults. I too worry about forgeries and shake my head at that mentality, Walshfan....like the new pic by the way
    Thank you. And that is an excellent stat! We need those kinds of numbers everywhere.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger