Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Hey everyone!

Its been a while! Just want to say hope you are all doing well. This COVID Virus has taken something from all of us and hope you are enjoying time with your family.

Also don't forget to vote! Regardless of Party its important to vote!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Hey everyone!

Its been a while! Just want to say hope you are all doing well. This COVID Virus has taken something from all of us and hope you are enjoying time with your family.

Cheers
    Welcome back and thank you. I've spent more time with my family this year than in years past. I was the reason was different and that we didn't have to, but it's been nice to be around my folks more. I'm just hoping that we have a safe and reliable treatment and preventative that will work for everyone from the healthiest to the most disabled. I certainly am sick of seeing my counties cases rise and more people dying. I think here lately there's been more people that I personally know getting it than when it started. It seems at least for my little community and bordering communities, right now is the worst it's been for many.

My cousin is an RN at an extended care facility and she has it now. I'm really good friends with another nurse, I play music with her uncle and have almost since I started playing and she's actually taken care of me in the hospital before. She's in the ER/ED so she is seeing it all at the most acute time and I know she is getting burned out with this never ending cycle and this second wave. So far she has not contracted it.

And I agree with you on voting. I can't stress it enough!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Wishing anyone who has or know someone who has the best well wishes possible. CT is having a spike of cases, and I’m really drained. I am at work now and we were all discussing how we don’t want to see it back to where we were in April, how overwhelmed we were/are. It’s so damn depressing.

later-on we will have a party at home for the kids do the best we can. I feel bad for them. Halloween and a full moon on a Saturday?!? And covid had to squash the best scenario. Ugh. I know it’s trivial in the big picture, but my kids got short handed three times, where halloween was cancelled. A freak snow storm/blizzard, a tropical storm and now this....

and absolutely regardless of who you are voting for, get out and vote. So so important.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Hey everyone!

Cheers
    Hey travelman - good to hear from you !
    The Corona Virus is running ramped almost everywhere - especially in the upper Midwest and South. Cases have picked up hear in New Jersey and we have the highest numbers since early May. As of Friday, there were 2,000 positive cases for the 13th straight day. The Governor stated indoor dining and "private settings" with extended family members are mostly to blame. Since March New Jersey has had 236,523 confirmed Corona Virus Cases and 16,339 confirmed deaths. And, we still have the Fall and Winter to get through.

Agree with everyone - please get out and vote ! Think of all the people who fought and were jailed and beaten in their struggle to obtain the right to vote for everyone.

Everyone please stay safe and take care !

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good to hear from you again, travnlman. Hope all is well with you and your family.

And GA - hope you and hubby are on the road to recovery.

I think everyone is just exhausted by this thing and I echo everyone else's sentiments ...

VOTE!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The good news is as none of us displayed any symptoms of the virus since testing we have the all clear and can resume life as normal! Well Normal means lockdown at the moment but the schools are still open so it will be back to work on Monday. Thanks for all the good wishes, we had mild/non-existant doses but I wouldn't underestimate this virus either. It has the power to be much worse and we were lucky with the strain that we got!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Good to hear GA! NKIT, they are saying the same here smaller gatherings and such are spreading.

Stuck on the Border

GA, good to know that you are your husband are well. It's reassuring to hear of people outside the very young who have no symptoms.

We are about to go into another lockdown in England, starting on Thursday, but with schools remaining open and with an end date o 2nd December. In one respect, I'm relieved because I could see the numbers increasing and the government's regional approach didn't seem to be working. This is simpler and clearer and hopefully people will be more careful. It was slightly shocking to learn that my region was expected to run out of critical care beds with a few weeks despite have the lowest number of cases in the country. It seems we also have the lowest level of hospital resources. It was also disturbing to receive the advice that vulnerable groups like the "over-sixties" should take extra care. I'm not used to being in the "old" bracket.

It won't make much difference to me or my husband directly as we've been living in close to lockdown conditions since March. Our sons have been with us since March but have been a bit more adventurous with going out and meeting friends or girlfriend but they seem fine about accepting the new restrictions. AFIK none of us have had the virus and we all tested negative two weeks ago (we were tested as part of a survey). I find myself feeling gloomy at times. I'm all right but I worry about people and businesses that don't have my material advantages. It feels like I should do something other than look after my own health and keep the business running.

Keep safe, everyone.

I think we're just given up on anything going on for 2020. A friend who works in a hospital said most of their cases are now coming from family gatherings. We're lucky we're not on a lockdown. Still able to get out and walk the dog, use the bike trail along the beach and go to the beach. Most people are a staying apart at the beach and now that it's cooler the crowds ae gone. The bike path stays busy all the time unless it's raining. In our neighborhood we've always seem to have a "one way" dog walking. Everybody seems to go out of their houses to the right for some reason but now it is really good idea so we don't pass each other on the sidewalk Everyone is staying apart when talking, but then we usually did.
    Talking to a neighbor the other day and she said she has so many things she could be doing now that she's home but finds herself sitting and thinking "I'm bored, there's nothing to do" She said she now makes a list of things to do the next day and puts in on the fridge.
    I haven't been to a store in months, just order everything online. We decided for Christmas the best gift we can give each other is to stay apart and not give each other the virus. Phone calls, face time and zoom are the new normal now.
    Hope everyone is staying safe, Cant wait till we can have a live show again. They are saying maybe 2022 now.

GA - Glad to hear you all are cleared. Wonderful news.

Scamp - Absolutely! I think big family gatherings for Thanksgiving and Christmas are such a big mistake. Personally I see nothing wrong with e-gatherings as you will. FaceTime, Google Duo, Google Meet/Hangouts, Skype, Zoom. Pick one and go with it. I think it's far more important to all stay safe. I know for my family every big holiday gathering has a lot of elderly people involved. There's also me, who is just as vulnerable. No way in hell would I want to put loved ones or myself at risk. You will have another Christmas. Probably another prom (jr/sr). Another graduation of some sort (junior high, high school, college, etc) also likely. If it's not, it is not the end of the world. It's far more important to keep your vulnerable loved ones safe. Is it sad, absolutely. To miss one is sad, but is the right thing to do. Follow guidelines and if you want to have a holiday gathering of more than just immediate family (and I mean 3-5 people) like a child and their parents, then absolutely do a online gathering. I would say that maybe do half in person and half virtual. But keep those at risk safe in their homes. I personally think we need a mask mandate coming from the US government. We need to be following Dr. Fauci and the experts.

I personally will have Christmas with my folks, there will be 3 of us in total that are around each other all the time anyway. We will do a virtual gathering with my grandpa and his long time partner on Christmas Eve, and a virtual gathering with my grandma and stepgrandpa on Christmas Day. That's from my mom's side. My dad's parents are no longer living. I think we will probably have prime rib on Eve, ham on Day.

Thanksgiving food choices is still in the works but the plan is to have just me and my parents for Thanksgiving here and everyone else will be doing Thanksgiving by themselves this year at their own houses.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."