Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

WalshFan 88
    It's best to play it safe. My brother and I are in our 70's. Over the past years my brother has had two go arounds with cancer and a real bad blood infection that caused a heart valve problem. Recovered from all but why push our luck. Plus we're getting too old to do all the dinner cooking and cleaning. Half the time lately we celebrate with his kids on the Eve and just order out for Mexican food and usually some for the next day. Nothing like good chips and salsa for Christmas. LOL Works for us. Everybody gets what they want and clean up is dump the paper plates in the trash so it's easy to gets the kids to do it.
    I'm lucky living at the beach so we do a lot of things outside and now the beaches are not crowded so people can get out and walk or ride bikes at the beach while still keeping a distance. If I do go to the store, mask and gloves on before I go in. I use the self serve check out because there is someone right there wiping every thing down after each person uses it. Wish they did that all the time.
    Keep safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll watch for you on the board.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. We all returned to work today and my son to school. My daughters University lectures are all online now so she has the house to herself. Quite a number of teachers in my school were missing today due to having to self isolate and student attendance is down also.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Facebook decided yesterday I needed to re-follow a bunch of people I'd un-followed a long time ago. I found out from a post from my aunt (yep, I'm "friends" with a bunch of my relatives but don't follow them; hopefully some of you can relate) that my Dad's brother and his wife have been in the ICU because of COVID 19. At the time of her post, my uncle was being transferred out of ICU to a regular bed, but my aunt was still in the ICU. Since I'd sat at the same table with these two people six weeks ago at my nephew's wedding reception, I talked to my brother about it. They'd been diagnosed a week ago, so no threat from the wedding. (Yep, I took a risk going to the wedding, but it was very well done as far as social distancing. Wedding outside, rows far apart. Big round tables for the reception, only a few people at each table. But, if you want to know about my immediate family: At the reception I sat at a table with my aunt and uncle-the ones now in the hospital, my Dad and his wife, and another aunt-Dad's sister and uncle. I was the only one at the table with a mask. And yes, I wore it until we actually started eating.)
    Just a short follow-up to this:

My aunt was moved to another hospital. She may have to have surgery as a result of COVID.

My uncle died last night. Never got off the ventilator.

Mask, people. Wear the damn mask!

Oh, no, CA! I am so very sorry! Prayers for your aunt's recovery, and much sympathy and thoughts are with you and your family.

For those who dismiss this virus as a hoax, it doesn't get any more real than this.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh CA my deepest sympathy to you and your family. This is definitely a real threat and not just a hoax. I dread to see what will happen if people throw caution to the winds for Christmas (and Thanksgiving in the USA) and ignore whatever regulations are set by the Governments.

Again wear your masks, wash your hands and don't call to visit a home unless it is absolutely necessary.

We are into week 3 of lockdown now. Cannot go any further than 5km from home unless it is work or medically necessary. Elderly and vulnerable advised to coccoon indoors and only go for a short walk. Weddings down from 25 in the summer to 10 people max. I hope they get a vaccine out soon.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

My aunt was moved to another hospital. She may have to have surgery as a result of COVID.

Oh my god CA, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Stuck on the Border

Oh CA - I am so sorry to hear this ! Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Also, wishing your Aunt a full recovery.

I'm so sorry CA. I have no words.

People need to quit being selfish and caught up in a political crossfire and do right by their fellow man. Wear your mask people.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

CA so so sorry to hear. In my thoughts and prayers.

Border Rebel

Oh so sorry to hear this, CA. You and your family are in my heart at this tragic time. Take care and know that we are all wishing you well.