Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Our Governor in IL is now fining business who refuse to enforce mask rules. It's about time! Maybe the people crying about "freedom" and "fake news virus" will change their tune when it hits them in a pocketbook. Since evidently their concern for their loved ones and others wasn't enough reason to do so. Maybe this will get them to do the right thing. One can only hope. They'll do it, but whine about "control".

There are so damn many conspiracy theories flying around about Bill Gates, George Soros, China, vaccine, Drs. Birx and Fauci, hospitals looking for money, falsified results, etc. It's sickening that this deadly virus has been politicized and called a hoax. And some people are doubling down on this rather than changing their tune about the severity. Sure, it's not Ebola, but it's not the flu or norovirus either. It's closer to Ebola than it is to those. Wake up people! I believe in a select few conspiracies, but this is Alex Jones-level insanity. Thank god he was banned from all platforms. His hate speech and crazed rants lead to safety issues and flat out harassment for the parents of the Sandy Hook shooting. People will whine it's censorship, etc. It's not. There are plenty of blogs that share false information and things that are crazy. But hate speech and speech/text that puts people in danger needs censoring. I'm all for "censorship" when it comes to silencing racism, bigotry, and dangerous speech that can lead to the harm of one or many human beings.

Whoever needs to hear this - put down your tinfoil hat and put on your freaking mask!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good for the governor of Illinois, Austin. We've had a public mask mandate in effect in Virginia since June. You can be fined and even potentially get a jail sentence. I can't remember the details, but, obviously, the offense would have to be very egregious to warrant jail time.

And, I also think it is so sad that a public health crisis has become politicized. We are all in this together, and the sooner we unite to do what is in the best interest of all, the sooner things will improve.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Good for the governor of Illinois, Austin. We've had a public mask mandate in effect in Virginia since June. You can be fined and even potentially get a jail sentence. I can't remember the details, but, obviously, the offense would have to be very egregious to warrant jail time.

And, I also think it is so sad that a public health crisis has become politicized. We are all in this together, and the sooner we unite to do what is in the best interest of all, the sooner things will improve.
    That's what I'm hoping will happen in Illinois. There would be some that will be fined, and change their tune immediately. But I'm sure there will be some that will pay a fine, and keep not wearing masks in hope to not get caught again.

In that case, a much higher fine and a "final warning" needs to happen. If they do it a 3rd time, jail is your next stop. Only a really ignorant person would keep doing the same thing after that, in which it's probably better to have them off the streets anyway.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Our governor has finally has the state wearing a mask. Its like he does it when he feels like it.

School is starting in the next week or so. There was already a school district where it was a small outbreak. This is a bad idea to start school. The school district in my city were on the list (well the county) to push back starting school opening. They were doing virtual learning for the rest of this year anyway.

The mask mandate really has been working in my county. We're not seeing 100 cases a day. The numbers are still high, but its dropping.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-09-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

My boss tested positive two Saturdays ago. Thank goodness nobody else is sick. He was feeling sick the Friday before he went to the doctor and went home. He was the second person in my office to get Covid19. The other person has been back for 3 weeks. IMO. If we weren't mask, we all would had been out sick with Covid-19.

Here's my welcome to my new job welcome.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer & Austin - I could not agree more. It is so sad this has become a political issue. The lack of leadership from the top and guidance from some Governors have led to many more people becoming sick and/or needlessly dying.
    Our Governor in New Jersey passed an executive order in March for people to wear masks. In July the State Legislature passed a law making it mandatory to wear a mask both outside and indoors when in stores. If someone gets caught they can be fined $500 and sentenced to 30 days jail and Community Service.
    It is so sad to see how ramped the virus is down South, in Calif. and now in parts of the Midwest. My sister(who lives in a suburb of Chicago) said the virus is ramped in Southern Ill. She is concerned as my nephew was just diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo. He lives in So. Ill. It is so sad to think that some people will not believe the virus is real unless they or a family member comes down with it. I wish this Country would unite to fight the virus the way Europe has. So many more lives could be spared. Everyone stay safe !

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    [/B]
    Dreamer & Austin - I could not agree more. It is so sad this has become a political issue. The lack of leadership from the top and guidance from some Governors have led to many more people becoming sick and/or needlessly dying.
    Our Governor in New Jersey passed an executive order in March for people to wear masks. In July the State Legislature passed a law making it mandatory to wear a mask both outside and indoors when in stores. If someone gets caught they can be fined $500 and sentenced to 30 days jail and Community Service.
    It is so sad to see how ramped the virus is down South, in Calif. and now in parts of the Midwest. My sister(who lives in a suburb of Chicago) said the virus is ramped in Southern Ill. She is concerned as my nephew was just diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo. He lives in So. Ill. It is so sad to think that some people will not believe the virus is real unless they or a family member comes down with it. I wish this Country would unite to fight the virus the way Europe has. So many more lives could be spared. Everyone stay safe !
    Conquer and divide is what it seems lately.

I'll say this - as someone with compromised health and someone who admittedly isn't a "normal average person" and one who IS disabled, I get a little tired of us being offered up as trade bait to open the economy up, let healthy people go to the beaches and bars, etc. And I get even more tired of people denying this. And the people who think of us as weak and feeble and that this COVID thing is a nice cleanser for the world. Yes, I've seen comments on FB and the like that say this. I've seen news clips from certain networks (rhymes with rocks) that suggest that this is just the way it is. I may not be a functioning person in the way you are, but I'll go on record as cocky and say that I deserve to live just as much as "you". The elderly, the compromised, the disabled, etc deserve to live as much as the next person. After all, did we ask to be born this way or have the circumstances happen? No. So I don't feel too bad for putting my right to live on the same level as yours, able-bodied and productive as it may be. Humanity sure has sunk low...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Well....tonight I came to work to the announcement of 0 covid patients in house!!! This is amazing from where we were. Schools will open Sept 8 (this is the latest we have opened) and will be hybrid system of in school and remote learning. Splitting days up to reduce to 50% capacity. Desks will have plastic enclosure and kids will have mask breaks. No band (woodwinds) no chorus....it’ll be a new world. My kids are nervous as am I, but they are eager to get some sort of normalcy. I worry about my youngest, how will they be able to social distance and enforce masks at that age??

Walshfan88, I heard idiots like that too on the radio. It’s disgusting. Stay strong. Easy to say, I know.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

shun - You are right, that is quite a welcome to your new job. Hope you are all safe and well.

And Austin - I appreciate your post. I, too, thought we were all on the same level when it comes to our right to live. It's so disturbing when I'm reminded of those who spew such hate and disrespect for their fellow human beings.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

shun - You are right, that is quite a welcome to your new job. Hope you are all safe and well.

And Austin - I appreciate your post. I, too, thought we were all on the same level when it comes to our right to live. It's so disturbing when I'm reminded of those who spew such hate and disrespect for their fellow human beings.
    Yep, evidently some of us are disposable if it means getting to go to the beach sooner or getting your candidate elected and following his train of thought and not thinking for yourself. It just blows my mind.

One thing I can say about the coronavirus and the current political climate, it sure makes it easy for people you know to either confirm your thoughts of them being a good person who you can trust and respect or for them to stick their neck out and let the cockroaches come out and show how nasty they are and what they truly think of you be it over disrespect for the well being of others less fortunate, or letting their bigotry/racism flag fly because they have been enabled by some in office. They've been given a platform, sadly. Call it cancel culture, politically correct, etc. But I've definitely done some "purging". Luckily none of my close friends have been that way and no one I was super close with, but there have certainly been acquaintances and people I knew as once being friends that I've certainly become intensely disappointed with and I've made the choice to move on from over their insensitivity regarding disabled people and also people who believe the science and aren't in support of the POTUS and following his every word as gospel. Some decided to take the trash out themselves and save me the trouble of doing it for them. As they say, "Bye Felicia!". I'm totally fine with differing politics. I'm not fine with heartless people and racism/hate.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger