Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
Good luck groupie with your vaccine booster. To some extent, I agree that we are in a science experiment. However, I also believe that it is a very low risk experiment because there is a whole lot more that the experts know than what they don't know. Since they already have the basic template for developing virus vaccines, they just have to 'tweek' them to ensure maximum efficacy for each specific virus. Overall, I believe we are very safe and in very good hands.
I agree, Dreamer.

I think all of the vaccines are very safe. A very small number will have some side effects like they would for any other vaccine in history. Without them we'd probably not be talking right now. But IMO the science shows they are very safe and very effective. And if you should have a breakthrough case, you can't end up in a hospital or pass away.

I think the mRNA vaccines are the way to go personally, in terms of raw efficacy, but even a J&J shot is so much better for you than none at all. Moderna has the most, Pfizer second, Johnson & Johnson third. I think mix and match is safe. I think in all likelihood it's probably smart. Especially if you had the J&J vaccine previously, get a mRNA shot.

I did just hear they are saying for immunocompromised people to perhaps get a full dose third shot first, and that leaves room to get a 4th dose, that they will call the booster, which is a half dose. So I may have made the right call by getting a third full dose of Moderna. I would go for the Moderna booster. Not because I don't think the others are safe, but it's more my OCD and completist nature. But for most people 2 full doses and 1 half dose is sufficient. I will likely wait about 4-6 months, and go get a half dose booster. I already got my flu shot for the year also.