Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Soda reminded me regarding hair....I use clairol root touch up creme with the brush...it lasts about a month and I’ve had great success. Medium brown for me ha ha! It’s thick and easy to apply blends nice and I let it sit for 15 min. I don’t have a lot of grey just in front (my luck, which is stubborn) and a little down the middle. Too much info probably, but anyways it works for me so thought I’d share.

also Soda, allergy season is making everyone do a double take. I have seasonal allergies and was exercising outdoors and felt a little winded myself, it subsided and I’m fine too. Glad your semester is done. My kids last day June 9. They are discussing how to come back in fall. So many variables. How do you social distance on buses? Little ones in masks? Alternate days of inschool vs home school? Lunch period? Oh my it goes on and on. Challenging is an understatement. Good luck!
    Our hair dressers won't open until the 20th July at the earliest so I have a bit to go, but I'm not getting too hot under the collar as I've nowhere to go anyway!
    They are suggesting the different years come in at different times from September when our schools reopen. Fine if you live 5 mins walk from school but I can't see parents who are also trying to get to work themselves doing multiple daily car trips to and from school which is the normal way of school runs here!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - for an update on my brother's family. It's been about two weeks since they tested positive and still aren't over this yet. My brother's stepson seems to be farther along in his recovery than my brother and his wife, probably because he is younger. My brother and sister-in-law are on and off. As soon as they think they are getting better, then the symptoms come back, especially the fever and labored breathing. This doesn't seem out of the ordinary though from what I'm hearing about this virus. The bottom line is they still have to quarantine for a couple of weeks after all the symptoms go away for good. And I do mean quarantine - they can't leave the house. I am feeling cautiously optimistic that they will all be okay eventually though, so a lot of my fear and anxiety has eased. But, PLEASE everyone, be careful and safe and still maintain the social distancing guidelines. I know it's a pain, but we are not over this yet. Anyone of us could be infected and not know it yet. Just imagine after all that we've already been through if you were to get this now, then you're back to ground zero and will have to be in quarantine for many more weeks.

Congrats to all of you with new haircuts. By the luck of the draw, I had a hair appointment just a couple of days before the shutdown here. I was a little unhappy at the time because my hairdresser got a little carried away and cut my hair a lot shorter than usual. But, I just shrugged and thought, 'Oh well, my hair grows fast, so no big deal'. Looking back now, I'm saying thank goodness. I go to a very busy hair salon, so there is no way I'd feel comfortable going back there yet. So, even if I have to wait another couple of months, I can manage.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ha ha Brooke! I know the feeling. I was slacking and the greys were getting more prominent and I was like aaagh! My hair grows so slow but the greys never seem to slow down

glennsallnighter, ya that’ll sure be a challenge back and forth. Especially if you have kids in different schools as I do.

Dreamer, I hope for the best prayers for your family. This virus is all over the place. Good thing you got in for your hair just before the madness. My daughters are so overdue I feel bad.

Rules have relaxed here, but I'm worried because cases in my parish(county) are up over 61% from last week! I haven't heard of any large-scale testing going on to account for the increase. The week before was up around 36%. And most people are walking around like it's all over with.
    Prayers for all affected.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

New Kid - I haven't been on in a while, I just saw your post now. I'm not in New York City, I'm in an area of the state that Governor Cuomo has allowed to reopen earlier.

That said, I still feel June 1 is way too soon. I just spoke with a coworker who does not take this seriously at all, she refuses to wear a mask, she still sees people socially and allows her teenage daughter to, she is still planning to go on vacation in July, and when I told her of my concerns, she laughed. I am terrified and don't want to be in the office with her.

I don't have any underlying health conditions that I know of, but I read about people in their 30s getting strokes from corona, and that scares me. Many of my family members have conditions that are considered risk factors. In some ways I wish we could all stay home forever, but I know that's not possible.

I'm glad everyone here is staying healthy and safe!

Governor DeWine opened up the restaurants and bars for patio dining. Uh, yeah... As most people I know predicted, bars in Columbus were (over) crowded this weekend. One bar got "raided" and one bar got almost shut down. Oh, just wait until the restaurants open for indoor dining this weekend!

We aren't going anywhere, except to a restaurant to pick up food to prepare later. I don't even want to mess with that mess just now.

Stuck on the Border

I'm beginning to feel more optimistic. I believe in science. Perhaps we'll get a vaccine but even if we don't, our doctors and scientists are learning more about the disease and its complications and that gives them more opportunities for finding effective treatments. Recently, the observation of a high incidence of blood clots in the most seriously ill has opened up the possibility of treatment with blood thinners to reduce this risk. Earlier, doctors were learning the use of "pronation" (lying on the front) combined with oxygen meant that some patients didn't need more invasive treatment.

It also helps that the number of infections, hospital admissions and deaths are all falling in the UK, the rest of Europe and New York. We know that "social distancing" works and we will learn which aspects are most effective.

Yes, there are dire warnings about the global economy which is driven by consumption but maybe it will be better for us in the longer term if we consumer less.

One lesson I hope people have learned is that the countries who have been more successful in handling the pandemic are those with calm and intelligent leaders. My personal view is that the UK did better while Boris Johnson was off sick (at least the daily briefings were more coherent) and the world can see how the US has suffered from Trump's ineptness.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Cases here are definitely on the decrease with only 55 diagnoses yesterday. Most of these seem to be confined to healthcare workers and meat processing plant workers (and contacts) where clusters have been identified in the last week or so.
    It looks like people are buying into Social distancing and mask wearing as phase 1 of reopening commenced earlier in the week. Long Queues are forming at DIY and hardware stores such as B&Q and Woodies but Ikea got a slap in the face when they were told they couldn't reopen as homewares weren't deemed essential. When you reach the entrance to the store you are asked what you have come to buy, say paint and you are directed to that area of the shop. They will not let you in to browse or have no particular items in mind.
    I mihght go to Harvey Norman later in the week as I need new ear buds and my brother gave me a voucher to use way back in February for my birthday. But for the moment I'm just hibernating at home in my 5K radius.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Groupie - Glad to hear you are not in the City. I have no idea how offices or schools can open and social distance. We sat in cubies (seven rows four per row). Our semi- lock down goes until June 5th. The beaches, boardwalks, and parks are open. So far from what I saw on tv, people were packed on the boardwalks and some beaches. And, about half did not have a mask on. I can tell you how much that kind of behavior pisses me off ! NJ is second in cases and deaths to NY and you would think people would want to be careful. Some nut in South Jersey opened his gym Mon. & Tues against the lock down order. He was issued a summons on Mon. and arrested on Tues. He is one of those nut cases screaming about his constitutional rights. People in the crowd had their MAGA shirts and hats on.

As of Tuesday NJ had 149,586 confirmed cases and 10,586 deaths. Positive cases have dropped steadily the last 2-3 weeks as have deaths(thank God).

Speaking of hair cuts - I look like a witch ! My hair is so long I have been putting it a pony tail. The last time I had my hair cut was February. My apt. for March was cancelled due to the virus lock down. I have no idea when salons will open. I am considering call my hair dresser to ask if he would consider coming to my house to cut my hair.

Dreamer - wishing your brother's family the best in their recovery. My BIL felt really bad for about 3 1/2 weeks and then began to recover. Thankfully he is better now.

Wow NKIT, glad he’s feeling better, it is a long road back....we were planning on going to wildwood before covid was a thing, obviously not now. People are crazy it’s a shame. You see them walking around here too it’s like hello! Put a friggin mask on. I’m so annoyed by it all. Tonight is so busy at work too, COVID patients are technically down but since restrictions have lightened it’s like people have gone mad. Er is busy for all kinds of things tonight....I just wanna go home.