Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Doesn't WhatsApp have a major security flaw? A quick Google search brings up privacy and security concerns, but the articles are dated mid-2019. Maybe they've been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Doesn't WhatsApp have a major security flaw? A quick Google search brings up privacy and security concerns, but the articles are dated mid-2019. Maybe they've been addressed.
    Yes, it's been patched. It wasn't a privacy thing that they changed (unlike with Zoom), but rather a bug in the software that had security implications.

It's end-to-end encrypted for text messages, it's probably the best there is. Far more trustworthy than WeChat or even FB messenger. Harder to hack. Other than iMessage, it's the only end to end encrypted system trustworthy for texts.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks for the thorough review, Austin!

I just did a video chat with my family for the first time. We used zoom. It worked well, but the 40 minute limit is kind of annoying. I definitely give Skype the edge there. I use skype to video conference with one of my students who needs extra help, and I’ve had no issues.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool info! Thanks Austin!

I've done FaceTime on my iphone which both of my kids have, but I've got limited service on my cell where I live. We may have to try Skype.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Cool info! Thanks Austin!

I've done FaceTime on my iphone which both of my kids have, but I've got limited service on my cell where I live. We may have to try Skype.
    Some carriers offer FaceTime over Wifi, if your home wifi is good.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I have Wifi and it works great for streaming the tv. It seems we have trouble with FaceTime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I have Wifi and it works great for streaming the tv. It seems we have trouble with FaceTime though.
    Interesting. Usually streaming services require far more bandwidth than FaceTime. It could be that something is blocking the ports that FaceTime uses on your router to connect, OR, just a problem with your carrier's implementation of FaceTime over Wifi or Wifi calling.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

The governor of my state announced school is done for the rest of the school year which I’m not surprised. Our stay at home order ends on Monday. I wonder if he will extended until the end of this month. I hope so.

We are still getting high numbers, but it looks like we are slowly dropping even though we still having over 100 cases every day. I went up to over 200 on Friday I think. We are now over 3,000 cases and my county is the hotspot of the state, but we only had 2 deaths which is good. Even though we are increasing in cases, we’re not increasing in deaths. We just hit over 100 deaths today.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I think we are extended until the last day of April in Illinois.

Personally, I think they shouldn't bother with the rest of the school year for high school and lower. And don't make the kids do summer school, seems kind of wrong. It's not their fault this stupid virus is out of control right now. As far as staying at home and reopening businesses, go by what the virus statistics say. Don't reopen it to lose all the progress too early and have a massive problem, as if it isn't bad enough. It's not a race to who reopens. Let's let things improve and take it day by day rather than make deadlines. That seems very irresponsible.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Our schools are out for the rest of the year.

What I don't understand is some of the area schools are either doing work over the net or packets are picked up at school if they don't have internet. They can also park in the school parking lot and download lessons to do at home. Our school is doing nothing. They say there isn't enough kids that have internet and too many parents won't help at home. They say this year's work will be forgiven and whatever is done at home won't count anyway. If that's so, why are some schools doing it?

I just feel bad that the kids will then be behind if they don't at least try.

And I don't have kids in school myself, just a grandson in kindergarten.