Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Our governor is not thinking. Some business have reopened yesterday. HE also reopened the beaches, and people can now fish. Bad mistake. At some of the pictures I've seen, nobody I mean nobody is practicing social distancing. I was looking a picture of people standing outside at the Tax Collector place. Nobody was doing social distancing except one guy. I see why my race has the highest cases and deaths. We are soo hard headed and some don't care. When I go to the store, I saw a lot of them not wearing mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    HE said we have reached our peaked, but yet. We had 300 this weekend and 238 yesterday. Our numbers have been on a rollercoaster ride and he shouldn't reopen the state on Monday. I don't know where he gets his numbers from, but our numbers are not steadily going down. And he reopens the state next week, its going to get worse.

I'm all for people going back to work, but at what cost. Our state is nowhere near safe to reopen especially with people not practicing social distancing. I pray he doesn't reopen. I'm glad my mayor sees our numbers not going down and I have a feeling he's going to extend stay in place order after April 30th.
    Yeah, I'm surprised at how early we are opening, shun. I guess we'll see if it was a mistake soon enough...

Reading about everyone's situations really brings it home how severe this is. Everyone stay safe!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

CT is still climbing we are so busy at work. Then we have idiots protesting the quarantine. It’s like what’s wrong with people. I am afraid of a second surge. Like the Spanish flu. So hoping it won’t happen. Please everyone stay vigilant regardless!

Stuck on the Border

We have 92,387 confirmed cases and at least 4,753 deaths as of Tuesday. It was the highest day of confirmed cases thus far. I can't say how angry I am about those protestors. I know they want to go back to work but it is not safe yet ! How can Ga. and some other states say it is safe to have your hair and nails done or get a tattoo ? I don't get it. Everything they have been saying shows the virus will come back in the fall like the Spanish Flu did. Well, I don't want to rant so I will just say everyone please stay safe.

BTW, there is a special on tonight called "Jersey4Jersey". It will be carried on CBS, NBC & ABC. I don't know if that is just local or nation wide. It will have Bruce, Bon Jovi and a bunch of other people. Just giving a heads up.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-22-2020 at 10:27 AM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Our numbers of cases are slowly starting to drop and with one days exception our numbers of deaths are reducing slightly too, although one death is one death too many. They say we are flattening the curve and that most of the deaths are where clusters developed in care homes. The Chief Medical Officer and minister for health are talking about tentatively relaxing a few of the restrictions after May 5th. We will see. Nobody is in favour of opening up too early as we don't want to be hit by a second wave of illnesses, but the country is in limbo and that can't go on indefinitely either. I'm looking foreward to meeting my brother and sister 'properly' again after 6 weeks.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    We have 92,387 confirmed cases and at least 4,753 deaths as of Tuesday. It was the highest day of confirmed cases thus far. I can't say how angry I am about those protestors. I know they want to go back to work but it is not safe yet ! How can Ga. and some other states say it is safe to have your hair and nails done or get a tattoo ? I don't get it. Everything they have been saying shows the virus will come back in the fall like the Spanish Flu did. Well, I don't want to rant so I will just say everyone please stay safe.

BTW, there is a special on tonight called "Jersey4Jersey". It will be carried on CBS, NBC & ABC. I don't know if that is just local or nation wide. It will have Bruce, Bon Jovi and a bunch of other people. Just giving a heads up.
    Those number are appalling, NKIT. It is beyond sad. It's hard to believe that the U.S.A. is one of the leading countries in the world and, yet, we have the largest numbers of cases and deaths by far of any country in the world - no other country is even anywhere close to us. It is absolutely disgraceful AFAIC. I love my country, but I can't begin to describe how unfathomable this is to me that something like this could happen here. And now, to think it could get even worse because some people are so ignorant, negligent, selfish, and are in total denial with regard for the facts. I'm just as tired as anyone with staying at home, but there is no way I'm willing to go back to normal life yet. I just continue to pray for us all and hope for the best.

And, NKIT - I think your special program may be local. I don't see it listed in any of our local listings.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It was a local program, found this:

https://ew.com/genre/music/bruce-spr...nefit-concert/

I watched a little bit, it played in CT too at 7pm. The performances didn' t hold my attention unfortunately. And the one I wanted to see, Halsey, I missed! My daughter really liked Halsey. Oh well.

It's like the one that played on the 18th, shorter though. It was a nice idea, but me personally, I got depressed with the talking regarding COViD19 and recorded the one from the 18th so wound up skipping through that. There songs were mostly slow that bummed me out too. The Roots and Jimmy Fallon did safety dance that was cute Paul McCartney did "lady Madonna" it was ok. Stones did "YCAGWYW". That was neat. Otherwise it made me more bummed out; if the songs were more upbeat i feel it would be been better, but that's just me.

So hoping the boys would do something.

Stuck on the Border

Hi KF, I watched it too. I agree that most of the songs were kind of somber but, I think that goes along with the situation right now. My sister and I were texting back and forth while we were watching. She said my niece(her daughter) went to high school with the very pretty Black girl who sang in the beginning. I cannot remember her name. I am embarrassed to say I had never heard of either her or Halsey. It turns out Halsey comes from the same town I grew up in. It looked like some of the people performed from their home studio(such as Bruce & Bon Jovi). It turns out it was just local for the Tri-State NJ, NY & So.Conn. area. 100% of the profits go to food banks and to buy PPE for hospitals and first responders.

Dreamer, I agree with you. As of yesterday the confirmed cases in NJ is 95,865 and confirmed deaths are 5,063. The county I live in moved up to number three for confirmed cases. I saw something on the National news the other day that said on one company in the entire US makes swabs ! This is unbelievable to me. One company ! Everything now comes from China ! We had better start coming up with some kind of plan for when this hits the second wave in the fall. I can't imagine being prepared for a second wave when we only have one company making vital equipment.

NKIT, I think the singer is Sza...she is beautiful. I know it's somber times, but personally , I needed something a bit upbeat, i have been feeling down for a while.

The numbers are heartbreaking. NJ, numbers are so tragic, as all are. CT now at 23100 positives and 1639 deaths. News reports suggesting state will open later than May 20.

Our supplies come in slowly. It's hard since every hospital worldwide wants the same stuff. And now they order other tests to monitor the patients in house, where we would run maybe 1 or 2 a night but since the outbreak we run about 20 on nights alone! Nevermind day shift or evenings! So again other hospitals want those tests too, so things are on back order, etc. I've said it before, but the ripple effect is never ending.

Stay safe.

I have a bad feeling. In yesterday's news conference (Wine with DeWine at 2pm), the Governor announced that he is presenting the guidelines for opening Ohio back up. The presentation is not until Monday's news conference. In the question and answer portion of yesterday's conference, there were lots of inquiries about how and when, but he deferred to Monday's meeting. But, there are already Facebook posts from companies now shuttered touting limited services starting May 4th.

C'mon, Governor! You've managed to chart through these uncertain waters with good plans so far (although we still have this primary that seems never-ending)... don't muck it up now.