Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Corona Virus

Thanks KF Like I said, I have never heard of either of them.
    It is just crazy that state compete against each other and the government for PPE. We will be in sorry shape if/when the virus returns in fall. Our Country was so unprepared for this, which is truly sad. KF stay safe.
    Stay safe everyone !

The beginning of Governor DeWine's Restart Ohio includes:
    • May 1: Elective surgeries that don't require overnight hospital stays, all dental procedures, all vet procedures are a go.
    • May 4: Offices, manufacturing, and construction are a go; but if an employee can work from home, they are encouraged to do so.
    • May 12: Retail is open.

Masks are mandatory starting this weekend (even in the office, ugh). No word on restaurants, daycare, salons, recreational facilities, and gyms yet. "Wait and see" on those.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

U.S. Confirmed Cases

U.S..Deaths

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I am nervous early opening might make a second wave come faster than expected. They say hospital admissions were down three days in a row, but then today we had a bump and now back to the numbers we were at prior. I think it’s too early to start talking about opening things up. I know people need money and normalcy but we need to be very cautious. I am afraid people will think things are fine and slack on being careful. Everyone be smart. Stay safe!

dreamer the numbers are breaking my heart.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

U.S. Confirmed Cases

U.S..Deaths

There have been 111,188 confirmed cases here in NJ and 6,044 confirmed deaths. Our governor talked about a gradual opening and things that would have to happen first such as sustained reduction in cases, expanded testing including those who have not had the virus, contact tracing, safe places for isolation for people who test positive and a plan should the virus return in the fall. He gave no date when the state would reopen. I have to say most of the people have been obeying the "Stay at Home" order. Of course there are always a few who think the law does not apply to them. Our governor calls them "The Knucklehead Hall of Shame".

I'm seeing a lot of people on my Facebook start to complain and want to reopen the country, let alone our state (Illinois). We are NOT ready yet. Lets not ruin whatever good we've done thus far with quarantine.

It's nuts! IMO, if you listen to the right people (Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx, and the rest of the actual scientists and not the POTUS) - May will be a peak month. Yes, some states are doing better but we are foolish to think it's over yet or we are even out of the woods at this point. It will take some time and I don't think that we all need to rush back into things for us to lose whatever progress we may have made. It's like stopping antibiotics at the first sign of feeling better instead of completing the course prescribed by your doctor. With a matter as grave as this, we mustn't get too hasty. Lives are at stake and we should respect the HCW.

When a hospital won't treat my fractured leg because of my immunocompromised health, and only kept me overnight to make sure I wouldn't have a crisis, that told me all I needed to know. Normally these fractures go to surgery. They are making me try a 4 week trial run of mandatory bedrest before they'll take me to the OR to see if it heals, which I was all in favor for. Again, that should tell you something IMO!

When I see tweets like "Liberate *insert state here*" I just shake my head.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I totally agree with you Austin. The USA went on lockdown later than Ireland, later than the other European countries and later than Italy, yet they want to lift it up earlier. From what I am reading from newspaper articles and communications from friends and family in the USA it is not even as severe a lockdown as European countries have imposed and it looks like quite a lot of Americans are not following it as rigourously as they should be. Our numbers of confirmed cases are going down as are our deaths (and many of them are occurring in confined situations such as Nursing homes as opposed to among the general public) and yet when our lockdown expires on Tuesday next week we expect it to be extended for another 2 weeks with only very minor tweaks (allowing the elderly to leave home for short exercise, but keeping everyone else in during that time, allowing landscapers back to work and maybe extending the 2km personal zone to 5km). The vast majority of the population are compliant at least.
    Yes Austin, that says it all when you are sent home from hospital without surgery. As well as keeping beds free thay are keeping you safe! Hope the fracture is healing well. Take care!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

In the UK, the lockdown is still in place but, from today, hospitals will look to increase non-Covid treatments, starting with the most urgent such as cancer treatments. We're waiting to hear when there will be further relaxation but the warnings are that it will be a slow process.

It feels selfish, but I'm focused on doing what I can to keep myself healthy and working. If I'm working, I can help the economy and if I'm healthy, I'm less likely to occupy a hospital bed.

I don't want to get into quack cures, but I think it's worth checking you have sufficient vitamin D. Apart from helping build strong bones and teeth, it may play a part in the immune system. A recent but small study suggests a link between vitamin D deficiency and severity of Covid 19 (further research projects are underway). In the UK, we have been recommended to take a 10 microgram supplement, although this hasn't had much media coverage. It's worth checking the recommendation where you live.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52371688

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    In the UK, the lockdown is still in place but, from today, hospitals will look to increase non-Covid treatments, starting with the most urgent such as cancer treatments. We're waiting to hear when there will be further relaxation but the warnings are that it will be a slow process.

It feels selfish, but I'm focused on doing what I can to keep myself healthy and working. If I'm working, I can help the economy and if I'm healthy, I'm less likely to occupy a hospital bed.

I don't want to get into quack cures, but I think it's worth checking you have sufficient vitamin D. Apart from helping build strong bones and teeth, it may play a part in the immune system. A recent but small study suggests a link between vitamin D deficiency and severity of Covid 19 (further research projects are underway). In the UK, we have been recommended to take a 10 microgram supplement, although this hasn't had much media coverage. It's worth checking the recommendation where you live.
    I've been taking Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for years. I have low blood Vitamin D levels, so I've been taking it for the last 3+ years probably on a every other week basis.

I hear that taking Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is better and works longer, if you listen to the holistic folks but the medical world still advocates for D2.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

Thanks UTW. Vitamin C is also recommended, I'm taking a 1000mg Vitamin C drink every day augmented with at least one glass of absolutely freshly squeezed Orange Juice. I'll check my Vitamin D as I take a vitamin supplement too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP