Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Border Rebel

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything you wrote, BUT my sister was given hydroxychloroquine and the Z-pack which helped her heal after a near deadly bout with the virus. I accept that this treatment won't work for everyone, but it did work for her and I'm forever thankful for her doctor jumping on this when things were looking really bad. She is now nearly fully recovered, but is still dealing with a cough and fatigue.

Remdesivir seems to show a lot of promise for those very sick, but I'm not sure what it will do for those on the margins.
    That's wonderful news for your family, scottside! I'm glad it worked for her and that she is recovering.

Border Rebel

Thank you, My My. It's been a tough couple of months, especially since she's in a different state than I am and I am still unable to visit her, but I'm grateful for her recovery.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote, BUT my sister was given hydroxychloroquine and the Z-pack which helped her heal after a near deadly bout with the virus. I accept that this treatment won't work for everyone, but it did work for her and I'm forever thankful for her doctor jumping on this when things were looking really bad. She is now nearly fully recovered, but is still dealing with a cough and fatigue.

Remdesivir seems to show a lot of promise for those very sick, but I'm not sure what it will do for those on the margins.
    Well, so far remdesivir is in an intravenous med, so not something you can take at home or even by intramuscular/subcutaneous injection.

I'm so glad she got better on the medicine, but I think it is so dangerous and the side effects are so unpredictable that for the large majority of people, it should be avoided. Especially when people are going to their docs and demanding it because of what they saw on the POTUS's "briefing" on any given day. Let your doc decide and don't try to pressure them. Hydroxychloroquine is an antimalarial drug. Azithromycin is an antibacterial/antibiotic. While the combo may have properties that help lessen symptoms, it doesn't target the virus itself like an antiviral. It's like those with the flu or a common rhinovirus (cold) demanding to be given antibiotics. Not only does it do nothing, but it leads to MRSA and superbugs with antibiotic resistance. And some old-timey docs are really bad about throwing antibiotics at the littlest of things. Now if you get bacterial sinusitis as a result of your cold, by all means give Augmentin or Zithromax, but it's overdone in the majority of cases. My ENT doc is really funny about antibiotics. He only does them when essential.

I think my hydroxychloroquine hate not only comes from the deadly side effects but also the fact it was presented the way it was. Same with the potentional disinfectant injection/UV light thing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Wow! I've just read that the Trump administration is to wind down its coronavirus task force. If it is a war, it seems that Trump has chosen to surrender. Presumably this means he will leave it to the individual states to continue to fight. He appears to be hoping that the death toll will be seen as a failure of governors and he'll be able to claim the victory of reopening the USA. If he starts his narrative now, perhaps he'll be able to rewrite history by November.

I understand that a lockdown is bad for the economy and that those most at risk from the virus are the elderly and those in poor health who are likely to be contributing least to the economy. It's still brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Wow! I've just read that the Trump administration is to wind down its coronavirus task force. If it is a war, it seems that Trump has chosen to surrender. Presumably this means he will leave it to the individual states to continue to fight. He appears to be hoping that the death toll will be seen as a failure of governors and he'll be able to claim the victory of reopening the USA. If he starts his narrative now, perhaps he'll be able to rewrite history by November.

I understand that a lockdown is bad for the economy and that those most at risk from the virus are the elderly and those in poor health who are likely to be contributing least to the economy. It's still brutal.
    No, Trump isn't surrendering. That would be almost understandable. Trump is winding down the task force so the problem will go away. No task force? No problem! I know, doesn't make sense... but that's the leadership we've got in this country right now.

Thank goodness for the governors who listen to the experts (and not offer their own "medical advice").

It seems Trump has now abandoned the plan to abandon the Corona Virus Task Force.

Yeah, whatever, dude.

My governor has lost his freaking mind. Our numbers are still going up and we had the highest death in the state yesterday (30). The highest cases we had was almost 397 this past Friday. And he wants to continue to slowly open our state back up and loosen the restriction.

Believe me. I want people to go back to work. I want everything to go back to normal, but we are nowhere near over. Our numbers are not decreasing and some of the Mississippi folks are soo hard headed. The doctors and the governors keep saying our numbers have flatten. I'm not seeing that. What's next? Seeing 500 cases and 100 deaths reported in a day.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Thank you, My My. It's been a tough couple of months, especially since she's in a different state than I am and I am still unable to visit her, but I'm grateful for her recovery.
    Wow scottside I am so happy to hear your sister is recovering. I sure it is very hard not to be near her at this time. I have three sisters who live out-of-state so I know what you mean. I have one sister and her husband who both tested negative but their doctor was sure they both had the virus. My sister had a mild case but, my BIL was pretty sick for a couple of weeks. He is now doing much better.
    Don't get me started on the Corona Virus Task Force and Jared K. That task force was a joke - not a single doctor on it and Jared K.(who is from NJ) does not have any medical training. Thank God the states that need them have good governors who are on top of everything. It was a worthless task force anyway. Don't expect any advice from our Pres. as he just wants to get people back to work. I understand that as I have family members who are not working. However, it has to be safe for people to return to work and their normal lives. All the medical professionals have said states opened too soon. I heard on the news last night that states that opened have had an increase in cases. Our governor has not given a time table as to when he will re-open the state.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow scottside I am so happy to hear your sister is recovering. I sure it is very hard not to be near her at this time. I have three sisters who live out-of-state so I know what you mean. I have one sister and her husband who both tested negative but their doctor was sure they both had the virus. My sister had a mild case but, my BIL was pretty sick for a couple of weeks. He is now doing much better.
    Don't get me started on the Corona Virus Task Force and Jared K. That task force was a joke - not a single doctor on it and Jared K.(who is from NJ) does not have any medical training. Thank God the states that need them have good governors who are on top of everything. It was a worthless task force anyway. Don't expect any advice from our Pres. as he just wants to get people back to work. I understand that as I have family members who are not working. However, it has to be safe for people to return to work and their normal lives. All the medical professionals have said states opened too soon. I heard on the news last night that states that opened have had an increase in cases. Our governor has not given a time table as to when he will re-open the state.
    I agree, NKIT. Its too soon, but the governors don't give a damn about that. Yes our economy is suffering, but is it that important to risk more lives to the ones who haven't got the disease because some knuckle heads don't care.

Like I said. I want my state to reopen, but our numbers are not going down. I can understand if it was, but isn't. Plus you have to worry about the ones who didn't care from the beginning giving us the disease. Maybe I'm heartless, but I'm worry about my health, my mother's health, my poor grandma who's in a long term care center who had a few cases in there. I thank god she's still ok.

I'm going to continue to wear my mask at work and out in the public. Some of my co-workers are going into other people's offices. Some not wearing mask (my boss told people to not go into offices and wear your mask when you leave your office). With this covid-19 going around, I'm staying in my office and only going out of my office to use the restroom. I don't got time to be sick because of stupidity.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Don't get me started on the Corona Virus Task Force and Jared K. That task force was a joke - not a single doctor on it and Jared K.(who is from NJ) does not have any medical training.
    That's right, this isn't the group of doctors and researchers... it's that group that Kushner heads. Sorry, I was thinking it was a group Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci was working with. My bad! (I actually expected expertise from this administration?)

And scottside, so glad to hear your sister is better. So many have been lost... and from what I understand, the recovery is long and hard for many who get this virus.