Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Other than doctor appointments, tests, or hospital stays, I have no intentions of going into any establishment until the COVID-19 pandemic has slowed way down or we have a vaccine that is readily available.

My folks will go to the grocery store/pharmacy, but that's about it. I'm not even doing that. They are careful to wear N95 masks and wipe everything down with Clorox and let non-cold groceries stay outside to air out. It's a big deal to us. I'm pretty weak health-wise and that's just how it is. We all assume that any possible exposure can equal tragedy. I fear that I'm just one big adrenal crisis away from dying at this point.

My mortality is something that is on my mind a lot lately. I've had a fear of death for many years. Prior to COVID, I've had some close calls and medical emergencies in the last 3 or so years that make me really nervous. I had my first adrenal crisis, and then didn't have another for quite a few years, then seemingly I've had one almost every other year. I think I'm 2 years out since my last one, thankfully, but I've had to increase my medicine. When I first started treatment, I took 5. Then I went up to 10, then 15, and then now I'm on 20. I've been told even a bad anxiety attack could put me in the red zone for cortisol. If I'm really struggling, I'm to take an extra 5mg that day of cortisone. And if I'm sick, I'm to take 10mg. Any fever above 101 and I'm to take 40mg and call the office to have my endocrinologist or his physician's assistant/nurse practitioner paged. And I have a kit with syringes and vials of dexamethasone to inject intramuscularly if I'm in a bad way or can't get to an ER. They would prefer I have intravenous dexamethasone considering it works quicker, but the shots are backup if we are far away, or I'm not going to make the trip without a problem and I need something to literally tide me over until we get there.

The whole COVID-19 thing just makes me that much more fearful. When the ER doc paged my orthopedic surgeon after my broken femur and he said "send him home, and we'll try nonoperative treatment and have him come see me tomorrow in the office to discuss a plan and xrays", I knew. The ER doc said that COVID is rampant at the hospital where my orthopedic surgeon works (which is the biggest Illinois hospital that is downstate from Chicago), and that if I got COVID "it wouldn't be good". Yeah, I know. It's something that I'm going to take seriously, just lay low, do everything I can to stay safe and promote awareness.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

For all the whining some people are doing, they should consider what others such as yourself are going through. I had a grown woman loudly fake-cough obnoxiously, cutting a couple of feet in front of me in a store. Of course, she wasn't wearing a mask as she and her friend laughed "people think I'm going all Covid on them! HA HA HA!!" Now, she doesn't know if she has it or not. Where is the humor in risking the health of others?
    I'm so glad that you are being smart and very careful, Austin. You are a strong person who will see this through.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

My coworkers really don't care about this. Yesterday. Their were 4 people in one office. I love my coworkers, but I'm not going to go in their office and talk. One of my coworkers was like you don't talk or come out. We don't see you. I told him you won't be seeing me doing that. I ain't got time to get sick. Like I said. I only leave my office to use the restroom, warm my lunch, or give people their papers that our boss signed and I'm always wearing my mask.

My city is about to enter phase I with opening. He wants us to wear a mask in public. Plus he said if he sees our numbers getting out of control, he's going back to restrictions. He's putting us on a curfew starting this Friday night from 11:00pm to 5:00am.

I'm also tired of nonresidents complaining about what our mayor is doing. Jackson is majority of African Americans and the whites left and live in the other cities because of crime. And we don't have that many stores so we have to travel to other cities to shop and eat at restaurants. Nobody wants to live in Jackson because of crime. But!! People need to mind their own business. You have no reason to complain if you don't live here. Worry about your own city They even complain about working here.

I hope the people of Jackson following the guidelines and restrictions to open, but i doubt that will happen. We are so hardheaded.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-13-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    For all the whining some people are doing, they should consider what others such as yourself are going through. I had a grown woman loudly fake-cough obnoxiously, cutting a couple of feet in front of me in a store. Of course, she wasn't wearing a mask as she and her friend laughed "people think I'm going all Covid on them! HA HA HA!!" Now, she doesn't know if she has it or not. Where is the humor in risking the health of others?
    I'm so glad that you are being smart and very careful, Austin. You are a strong person who will see this through.
    Those the stupid people we have to worry about. The ones who are not taking this serious. Thinking this is a joke or a game.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I hope the people of Jackson following the guidelines and restrictions to open, but i doubt that will happen. We are so hardheaded.
    Shun, there are hardheaded people everywhere. Just keep doing what is right. It's no joke, and keep looking out for yourself and loved ones. CT is opening up in waves. Wave 1 is May 20 which will be hairdressers, and restaurants at reduced capacity among other facilities. I am afraid all the pigheaded people that think this is a hoax and whatnot will make the second wave come sooner and worse.

WAlshfan88, stay safe and focus on recovery! Wishing the best.

Everyone stay safe.

My semester ended Monday (HALLELUJAH) and they're still thinking of stuff for us to do, but I don't have much of a reason to go out at this point. Still, I was thinking about getting my hair done as it's starting to show gray . Then, today, I woke up having a hard time breathing and got hilariously paranoid. "OMG DO I HAVE CORONAVIRUS?? I BET I CAUGHT IT WHEN I WENT TO THE COLLEGE LAST WEEK" A few hours later I felt fine - a false alarm! I felt really foolish. But it reminded me - although I shouldn’t need reminding - that we're not out of the woods yet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda reminded me regarding hair....I use clairol root touch up creme with the brush...it lasts about a month and I’ve had great success. Medium brown for me ha ha! It’s thick and easy to apply blends nice and I let it sit for 15 min. I don’t have a lot of grey just in front (my luck, which is stubborn) and a little down the middle. Too much info probably, but anyways it works for me so thought I’d share.

also Soda, allergy season is making everyone do a double take. I have seasonal allergies and was exercising outdoors and felt a little winded myself, it subsided and I’m fine too. Glad your semester is done. My kids last day June 9. They are discussing how to come back in fall. So many variables. How do you social distance on buses? Little ones in masks? Alternate days of inschool vs home school? Lunch period? Oh my it goes on and on. Challenging is an understatement. Good luck!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Soda reminded me regarding hair....I use clairol root touch up creme with the brush...it lasts about a month and I’ve had great success. Medium brown for me ha ha! It’s thick and easy to apply blends nice and I let it sit for 15 min. I don’t have a lot of grey just in front (my luck, which is stubborn) and a little down the middle. Too much info probably, but anyways it works for me so thought I’d share.

also Soda, allergy season is making everyone do a double take. I have seasonal allergies and was exercising outdoors and felt a little winded myself, it subsided and I’m fine too. Glad your semester is done. My kids last day June 9. They are discussing how to come back in fall. So many variables. How do you social distance on buses? Little ones in masks? Alternate days of inschool vs home school? Lunch period? Oh my it goes on and on. Challenging is an understatement. Good luck!
    I use that too, KW! It works pretty good!

I actually had to skip a month during this and for some reason thought it might be a good time to embrace my grays. WRONG!! Had to get out that stuff and cover it up after a month!!!! My hairdresser will laugh at me when I go back in another week or so! Good naturedly!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

My mother cut me and my dad's hair...
    Luckily I'm just a short brown hair kind of dude who likes squared off sideburns, short bangs, and short in the back. And my dad is almost bald, so his was easy.

I told her that now it's only fair that I get to cut her hair! She wasn't up for it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My mother cut me and my dad's hair...
    Luckily I'm just a short brown hair kind of dude who likes squared off sideburns, short bangs, and short in the back. And my dad is almost bald, so his was easy.

I told her that now it's only fair that I get to cut her hair! She wasn't up for it.
    Ha! I bet not!

Got my hair cut and colored today. Yay!