Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

On days like this, I'm glad I work from home. I live 30 miles from a fairly large city with a big tech population and government presence. I don't do much socializing and stay away from crowds. I think cancelling any event to keep people from congregating in large numbers is the right call.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

The Eagles performance for Tuesday, March 17, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX has been postponed. Fans who purchased tickets to this concert will be notified when the exact rescheduled show date has been determined.

Live Nation just suspended all arena and stadium tours.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Our Taoiseach (Prime Minister) made an announcement yesterday closing all schools, colleges and childcare facilities from 6pm yesterday evening. Public transport has been curtailed and no indoor gatherings of over 100 people or outdoor ones of 500 people. De facto means that all shows, concerts (including country to country which was this weekend) sports fixtures, movies church services, most weddings etc are de facto off. Anyone who can work from home has been directed to. The speech sounded errily like Morgan Freemans one in the movie 'Deep Impact' when the meteorite was due to hit the Earth. It was strange leaving work yesterday not knowing when we will be back. I hope we get to go back soon.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Here in NJ we have 29 confirmed cases and one death. The man was 69 and suffered from diabetes and other heath issues. Rutgers Univ(where I grad.) has cancelled all classes until April 23rd. The students are on home schooling. They also cancelled all sporting events for the remainder of the school year. The St. Patrick's Day Parades in various towns have all been cancelled and all concerts have been cancelled.
    NYC cancelled all public events and delayed the St. Patrick's Day Parade indef. Some schools in NY are on home schooling. They have not yet done this here in NJ but I think it may happen soon. One of my sisters works in the City and takes a bus every day to Port Authority. If the weather is bad she transfers to the subway to get to work. She does walk as long as it is not raining. She is hoping she will be able to work from home. I have to take the train 2-3 times per week. We both have been as careful as we can be.
    NMB - Sending warm wishes regarding the health and safety of your Mom. I think the "No Visitors" policy is the correct one. My Mom was in a nursing home for many years and the patients there usually have multiple health issues, my Mom did.

All my Border friends stay safe !

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Large events are being canceled here too. My mom's nursing home is closed to visitors. So far our area schools are still open. Being a small Class 1 school system with only around 250 students PK-12, we'll see what happens.

The toilet paper shortage has hit our area though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I went to two stores on my lunch break and they did have some toilet tissue. It was getting small, but their was some.

Our city hasn't shut down the schools yet, but our colleges are not letting the students come back until March 23rd then its going to be online.

I'm still trying to figure out why our coliseum went ahead and still have a concert last night while Joel Osteen was cancelled tonight. I'm scratching my head.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The Louisiana governor has cancelled all schools K-12 and gatherings over 250 until mid-April, and postponed the Presidential Primary two months.
    Locally, people are buying groceries like it's Thanksgiving. I live outside a town of around 5,000, thirty-five miles to a bigger town. No bottled water, hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol...or toilet paper!
    I saw on facebook that we will be able to tell children that we survived the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020!
    I do worry about my co-workers having to find someone to stay with their school age children..and pay for it!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

It’s now a national emergency.

My mom is a school psychologist for a K-12 district in Illinois and our governor just shut down all schools until March 30th. They will go in Monday and that’s it. And it may get extended past the 30th.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

It is now 4 cases in my state and they are in the same county the first one was reported.

To tell the truth. I really want it to stay down there. Then it is spring break week for our state this week. Once those people come back home, those numbers could go up since a lot of them went to those states that were infected.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley