Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

I think I have an idea of how people are still getting it while still wearing a mask. They are not wearing it correctly. I see a lot of people covering their mouth, but have the mask under their nose. I know people complain about they can't breathe, but that's not how you wear a mask. You still can get the virus through your nose.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Shun, I see them doing that everywhere. I'm like ?????????
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Shun, I see them doing that everywhere. I'm like ?????????
    I know. I hear a lot of people complaining about people who do wear mask gets it anyway. Of course they are. They have the mask under their nose. How stupid can you be? There's a reason why they say cover your mouth and nose. You can inhale it through the nose.

I don't like wearing a mask and sometimes I can't breathe in it, but I'm protecting others especially my 63 year old mother who underlying condition.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think I have an idea of how people are still getting it while still wearing a mask. They are not wearing it correctly. I see a lot of people covering their mouth, but have the mask under their nose. I know people complain about they can't breathe, but that's not how you wear a mask. You still can get the virus through your nose.
    This drives me nuts! The only places I've been lately are medical related and I see people strolling into hospitals and clinics with this exact problem.

Um, hello! In fact I'd argue you are more likely to get it through your nose than your mouth, as most breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

We had an uptick in testing tonight for sure! Hopefully not a turn for the worst because yesterday we only had 1 known positive in house....amazing! But yesterday evening and tonight is insanely busy.

the masks under the nose is a joke. I like it when they are on local news interviewed for whatever and talking away with their nose hanging out. Ugh. Also isn’t it great when you see the mom all masked up yet her child is maskless running around the store? Saw that twice...shake my head

Stuck on the Border

Here in NJ is is the law that everyone has to wear a mask. You can not get into a store without one - signs are everywhere. I have been to my local grocery stores, drug stores and a running store where I just purchased a new pair of sneakers. Everyone had masks. The next town over from me has a very active large main street. We are in Phase 2 and outdoor dining is permitted with all the CDC guidelines that MUST be followed. I went there the other day to buy the sneakers and not a single person person I saw did not have a mask on expect when they were eating and drinking. I saw in my local newspaper(yes I still get one - lol) that a rest/bar in Belmar, which a town at the shore, was shut down Sunday until further notice and could loose their liquor license. Bars and Rest. opened last week for outside dining. The paper said the place was packed both Fri. & Sat. and did not following the state mandated social distance rules. I think the place is either on the boardwalk or across the street from it. Belmar is a big college/mill. town with 3-4 popular bars so they are normally crowded in the summer. A rest. in North Jersey was also closed for the same reason and may also loose it's liquor license.

Some pleasant news - I get my hair cut today !!!!!

Dreamer, I hope your SIL has positive results after her next test. It took my BIL about 4-5 weeks to recover and test negative.

Dear beloved Eagles community,

My niece, 24 years old, is in crisis with C-19. Has been hospitalized for last 11 days but her condition has declined. She is being airlifted to a bigger medical facility for emergency help. She is from a praying family but this is still very difficult for everyone.

I hope none of you ever have to face this. Bless you all.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Dear beloved Eagles community,

My niece, 24 years old, is in crisis with C-19. Has been hospitalized for last 11 days but her condition has declined. She is being airlifted to a bigger medical facility for emergency help. She is from a praying family but this is still very difficult for everyone.

I hope none of you ever have to face this. Bless you all.
    Prayers, blessings, and healing thoughts for your niece and her family... you, too.

CA- Thank you.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

LuvTim, I am so so sorry to hear this, my heart aches and praying for your nieces recovery