Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Our governor just shut down all bars and restaurants. Drive thrus will be allowed for now, which I think is a mistake. But I do love our governor Pritzker and I think he's been pretty proactive otherwise. I still think that drive thrus are a big avenue for sick workers to spread germs, and for sick customers to pass germs through the little window. I have no doubt that in time those will be closed as well. I think it's a smart idea.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...fight-n1159381

Great article on how we need to isolate ourselves and protect everyone, including ourselves.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - as a nation, I have no doubt that we will survive this in time. But ... at what cost? As I said earlier, what concerns me the most is the number of infected asymptomatic people that are unknowingly spreading the virus. Look at what is going on in Italy - it is an awful situation. And, politics aside, the fact of the matter is our government did not take this as seriously as they should have several months ago. So, now, we are lagging far behind where we should be in terms of preventative actions. It was inevitable that the virus would eventually make it over here and that there would be some fatalities. But, it is sinful that lives are being lost in this country because we weren't prepared for this.
    Amen, dreamer.

I mean it's no secret I'm no fan of the POTUS - but even if I was, I sure would have liked to have seen him take credit for the mistakes and for him and the VPOTUS to have taken it more seriously from the start.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

As of 9pm tonight, all bars and restaurants in Ohio will be closed to dine-in customers. Delivery and carry-out will be available. We purposely went to our favorite, family-owned Italian restaurant tonight for support.
    https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...RJo8mnptScCoO/

We've talked about remote working at the office. I'll still go in. We only have 10 people, we have our own separate cubicles, and the maintenance guy wipes down all the common areas twice a day with Clorox wipes. If I catch COVID-19, it probably won't be at work. Everything else is closed. Husband works out of the home, but he's 64 and has T2 diabetes (but well-managed).

So glad everything is okay, Martha Jo. Austin, take care...

It seems everyone we talked to today didn't say "Bye." We all said, "Be well."

Be well, my friends.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    As of 9pm tonight, all bars and restaurants in Ohio will be closed to dine-in customers. Delivery and carry-out will be available. We purposely went to our favorite, family-owned Italian restaurant tonight for support.
    https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...RJo8mnptScCoO/

We've talked about remote working at the office. I'll still go in. We only have 10 people, we have our own separate cubicles, and the maintenance guy wipes down all the common areas twice a day with Clorox wipes. If I catch COVID-19, it probably won't be at work. Everything else is closed. Husband works out of the home, but he's 64 and has T2 diabetes (but well-managed).

So glad everything is okay, Martha Jo. Austin, take care...

It seems everyone we talked to today didn't say "Bye." We all said, "Be well."

Be well, my friends.
    Thanks, CA!

Looks like California is shutting down, too. My Kevin is an overnight baker at Panera and so far, they are still open and he is still working.

https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/ca...9i5T9iXdRDcAdM

We now have 10 cases in my state and two were just reported in my county yesterday. Too close for comfort. Two college students who just came back from spring break. I'm afraid these numbers will start to go up once our local spring breakers come back home or start experiencing symptoms. Colleges and school are out until next week.

A few of our churches did live streaming today. My church also did it. My pastor has three churches so he did the live stream from the church that's closer to home. I think we will be doing this for a week or two.

I work for the state and at this moment, state employees still go in. Until our governor tells us to not come in, we still have to go in.

It's about 25 of us at our office and majority of us have our own offices. Only one person who's office is a cubicle and a few who share offices. Our agency has told us to stay home if we are sick. I'm just worried about the offenders that come to our office to report in. Reporting in to their probation/parole agents is over with until next month, but we will still have some come in. We need to not let them come in until this is over.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

All our schools are off, all our pubs are closed, they are talking about closing the restaurants and an announcement is imminent. Kids are not allowed mix or do playdates. All sporting fixtures are off. No house parties, weddings, christenings etc. No outdoor gatherings of more than 500 or indoor ones of more than 100. About 11am we are expecting an announcement that the country will be locked down from 8am in the morning. I'd say the main reason for the speed of this (most countries are staying longer at the social restriction phase) is that St Patricks Day is tomorrow and is one of the social highlights here every year. They HAVE to contol mass movement of people and want us to STAY AT HOME this year.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

We are now in uncharted territory in Ohio. The Governor (with the cooperation of the Secretary of State) wants to postpone tomorrow's primary until June 2nd. He does not have authority to do that... unless Ohio was being invaded. They are suing to make it happen. So, as of this moment, we may or may not have an election tomorrow. Depends on how the judge rules.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...veYSolplq8c5I/

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Well CT has closed gyms, restaurants for dining in, recreational, sports, and governor said schools closed until March 31. Where I work has been designated as a drive thru testing facility.

One thing I was happy to see is that Stop n Shop is opening at a specific time for senior shopping only. Which is great idea. especially since people like the ones below exist:

Two jerks from Tennessee snatched up all this hand sanitizer from various dollar stores, etc to sell on eBay They got busted and eventually donated their surplus to local church, but he showed no remorse when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Yes, but the Ohio Health Director, Dr. Amy Acton, said, "No!" No primary today. The voter registration rolls are on hold. No updates, no additions until after the in-face primary on June 2nd. (Oh, the software I'll have to write!)

(Last night was "fun"... or should I say "interesting." The old Chinese curse? "May you live in interesting times." Yeah, we're there.)

CNN story:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/polit...ary/index.html

Okay, I just want to put this out there: An Ohio Republican Governor has just set a precedent for elections in that an elected official has cancelled/postponed an election. You can argue whether it should have happened or not, but it has happened. Lots of ramifications here... lots.
    Last edited by CAinOH; 03-17-2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: ETA: Needed to give my opinion