Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Finally was able to get my covid vaccine dose yesterday. I got the Johnson & Johnson single shot, because I have a huge fear of needles. I'm going to California next week, just for a week to visit family. I know how bad California has been and I didn't want to risk it. So far, I'm OK. I feel hot, but that is most likely do to the fact that on Friday I was working outside in 100 degree heat and I got sun burnt. And excessive heat makes me dizzy and gives me headaches. So if I do have any side effects, then I can't tell. I just hope they're not delayed and end up hitting me while I'm on the train.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    Finally was able to get my covid vaccine dose yesterday. I got the Johnson & Johnson single shot, because I have a huge fear of needles. I'm going to California next week, just for a week to visit family. I know how bad California has been and I didn't want to risk it. So far, I'm OK. I feel hot, but that is most likely do to the fact that on Friday I was working outside in 100 degree heat and I got sun burnt. And excessive heat makes me dizzy and gives me headaches. So if I do have any side effects, then I can't tell. I just hope they're not delayed and end up hitting me while I'm on the train.
    If the J&J is like the others, the side effects, if any should be done with by the time you come out here to California. I haven't heard of any lasting more than a day or 2. Safe travels!
    Welcome to the West Coast--the BEST coast!

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    If the J&J is like the others, the side effects, if any should be done with by the time you come out here to California. I haven't heard of any lasting more than a day or 2. Safe travels!
    Welcome to the West Coast--the BEST coast!

The side effects went away in a day. Today, I was just fine. And I'm a California girl born and raised. I'm coming home!

Safe travels! Glad to hear the side effects are gone.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Safe travels, Elle! I had a similar experience with the J&J - the side effects were less than a day.

It is a very strange state of things here in NY. In most businesses, you don't have to wear a mask if you're fully vaccinated. Many people still are, but it looks more normal every day. I ate in a restaurant yesterday for the first time in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Safe travels, Elle! I had a similar experience with the J&J - the side effects were less than a day.

It is a very strange state of things here in NY. In most businesses, you don't have to wear a mask if you're fully vaccinated. Many people still are, but it looks more normal every day. I ate in a restaurant yesterday for the first time in over a year.
    Thanks, Groupie! It's been a week and my arm feels like there is a massive bruise on the injection site. I'm just glad that there were no real bad side effects.

Hi Groupie! Being a fellow tristate area peep, it is weird and confusing at times! Some stores still want the masks worn, some don’t. I haven’t been in a restaurant yet, but sure it’ll happen soon. My kids did well with Pfizer too barely any side effects. Only my little one is left to get vaccinated. Good luck Elle, and to all border folks on our journey back to normal!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Hi Groupie! Being a fellow tristate area peep, it is weird and confusing at times! Some stores still want the masks worn, some don’t. I haven’t been in a restaurant yet, but sure it’ll happen soon. My kids did well with Pfizer too barely any side effects. Only my little one is left to get vaccinated. Good luck Elle, and to all border folks on our journey back to normal!
    HI KF & Groupie ! I believe 70 % of people here in NJ have been vaccinated. I was in target with my sister late last week and no mask was required. We then went to Home Goods and they were handing out masks at the door. We then had lunch at a local diner and the staff all had masks on. However, I think all rest. employees must still wear masks.

Elle - Have a great time !

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    Thanks, Groupie! It's been a week and my arm feels like there is a massive bruise on the injection site. I'm just glad that there were no real bad side effects.
    Welcome home, Elle81, even if it's just a short stay, from one native to another.
    As far a your sore arm, we've had a few people complain of that too. The think it's just where the induction site is on our arm and how the person gave it to you. My first shot the nurse kinda pinched the skin up then gave me the shot. I didn't even feel it and no bleeding. My second shot, the medic didn't pinch the skin as much and I felt it a little with a spot of blood. But no soreness in the spots later in the day or the next day. Some of the people the people giving the shots went higher up on the arm and their site was sore almost like a sore muscle for a week or more. There were a couple people on tv talking about how the person went way to high and hit the bursa in the arm and they had problems for a month of more. Doctors started reminding people to watch how high they were getting the shot and question it if it seemed high compared to other shots
    Stay out of the sun..I found on my sunburns, I use bactine. It really cools the burn and helps with pain and itch.
    Have fun on your visit.

Thanks, Scamp. I had a lot of fun. Sadly I go back to Salt Lake City tomorrow.