Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Just an (amusing) interjection: We're waiting for the Ohio Governor's daily press conference to begin, and the web site is playing the music Monty Python used for their television theme song. "Not dead yet!"

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Just an (amusing) interjection: We're waiting for the Ohio Governor's daily press conference to begin, and the web site is playing the music Monty Python used for their television theme song. "Not dead yet!"
    Even though we're all in a very serious situation, there are times we need to keep up our sense of humor. Thanks, CA!

Every time I hear stories about toilet paper hoarding, I hear Elaine from Seinfeld saying, "I do not havee a square to spare."

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Even though we're all in a very serious situation, there are times we need to keep up our sense of humor. Thanks, CA!

Every time I hear stories about toilet paper hoarding, I hear Elaine from Seinfeld saying, "I do not havee a square to spare."

I agree, humor is needed and it’s ok! Even in times like these! As they say laughter is the best medicine 😊. Every time I hear about toilet paper hoarding, I think of Beavis and Butthead “I need TP for my bunghole”.
    P.s. love Seinfeld! Classic!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ohio update: Governor DeWine is closing the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, all barber shops, all hair salons and nail spas, and all tattoo parlors as of end of business today. Five BMVs will stay open to handle commercial licensing, and he is instructing the Ohio State Patrol to not ticket drivers with expired licenses... and asking other law enforcement entities to do the same.

Not closing businesses yet, but he is asking that we take each employee's temperature when they come to work. If they have a fever, we must send them home. We sent guy-who-does-errands out to buy thermometers. Is there thermometer hoarding going on?

He said he will probably end up closing daycares, but not quite yet.

ETA: Yes! The lawsuits over the stopped primary election have begun!
    https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/he...e-7845c6532454
    Last edited by CAinOH; 03-18-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: ETA: Lawsuits!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, obviously this is more serious than I thought at first! I guess I just hoped too much it would pass quickly and would not turn out like it has. My bad.

All of the schools in my area are closed as well as churches are canceling all services till at least April 1st. There are no mandatory closings in Missouri, yet. They have left it up to each individual business and school. Lots of restaurants have closed dine in services and are still, so far, doing pick ups. My daughter is pretty much out of work. The hoarding has hit our grocery stores. The toilet paper hoarding is crazy! Most grocery stores are letting the elderly shop the first hour or two of business. Great idea! (I'm still young enough to not have to do that! lol) There are only four people in my office and have no way to work at home, but we are pretty safe out here in the sticks, we hope!

I hope this doesn't last, but it sounds like it could last another month or two. Prayers for everyone to stay healthy.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Ohio update: Governor DeWine is closing the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, all barber shops, all hair salons and nail spas, and all tattoo parlors as of end of business today. Five BMVs will stay open to handle commercial licensing, and he is instructing the Ohio State Patrol to not ticket drivers with expired licenses... and asking other law enforcement entities to do the same.

Not closing businesses yet, but he is asking that we take each employee's temperature when they come to work. If they have a fever, we must send them home. We sent guy-who-does-errands out to buy thermometers. Is there thermometer hoarding going on?

He said he will probably end up closing daycares, but not quite yet.

ETA: Yes! The lawsuits over the stopped primary election have begun!
    https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/he...e-7845c6532454
    CA - No thermometer hoarding as far as I know. Our daycare and pre-schools were ordered closed as of this past Monday. I cancelled a hair apt. today for tomorrow. I am surprised they are still open. However, with the way things are going, that can change daily and sometimes even hourly. The Governor is considering ordering a lock down like SF has. I have to confess, I find it stressful listening to all of this 24/7. I have tried to limit my tv news time but still find myself switching to CNN or MSNBC.
    CA - I hope the election stuff does not get nasty. It of course is not my business as I don't live in Ohio but, I think they made the right call. All those people who did vote in the other states were not practicing social distancing - there was just too many of them waiting to vote. Our primary is not until June. Speaking of Seinfeld, can you imagine the show they would have on the tp hoarding if it was still on tv - lol.

It's indeed a very serious situation now. I feel like like this time period will be an exclamation point in the world history book. Time will tell, but I don't have a good feeling about this whole thing.

I'm really just hoping that with the social distancing and hygiene practices that hopefully everyone is doing that we can slow down the spread until we either find a vaccine, or better ways to prevent death in those that are seniors or compromised. I personally fall into the latter category. I think that my conditions aren't as compromising as the ones linked to CV death (COPD, diabetes, heart failure, etc) but I have taken daily corticosteroids for decades now and do have some conditions that put me at risk. I have adrenal insufficiency. So any stressors put me at high risk for adrenal crisis, which is a life and death matter. I've had several of them, and mostly all but 1 have been in the last 6 or so years. I have had to increase my daily medication several times. Which lowers your immune system! My endo told me that even if I was really having a bad panic attack or going through severe emotional stress I should take more meds for that day. And if I have even a low grade fever - more meds. So with the possibility of a bad cold killing me, and the fact that the very medication I need to survive lowers my immunity - needless to say I'm pretty nervous about this and don't mind saying that I will take it at face value and absolutely believe what I'm told re: CV.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Tuesday night I watched Keith Urban perform in his basement on Instagram Live. He streamed for about 30 minutes. He had a Les Paul guitar, an amplifier, and a mic. One of his buddies ran a laptop system with the tracks of the songs he was playing, with the guitar playing and singing live but the rest of the instruments were off the tracks. Nicole Kidman was there dancing. At first I thought it looked like a rehearsal space because of the road cases but nope - it was his basement. I'm a massive KU fan and it really lifted my spirits. I think we will see more and more of this, and inevitably some will be only available with a purchase. I'm not a fan at all of classic country or traditional old school country but I love today's pop country/modern country/contemporary country music and I've seen Keith live 3 times now and I think he's the best entertainer in the country genre. While he doesn't pull Kenny Chesney-like crowds usually, he gives it all and he will play places other than NFL stadiums! He's a criminally underrated guitarist too and a nice guy.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

CA, absolutely the right decision. Ohio IS being invaded, by a virus. Make no mistake this thing is lethal and anyone who does not respect its power is being very foolish. It has brought the world to its knees. irresponsible action now will have serious repercussions. I'm not trying to scaremonger but nobody, nowhere is immune and we all have to be very very careful
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Absolutely, GA.

Took my temperature before I left the house, because if we have a temperature of 100.6 or more we are not to leave the house. 98.7... or 98.6. I have never been good at reading thermometers, but it was less than 99.

And there is a limit on how many thermometers you can purchase right now. Errand-guy went all over town and got to Walgreen's just as the clerk was putting out four. Errand-guy grabbed all four but was told he could only purchase two. So, if someone comes into work and looks like they shouldn't be here, we can take their temperature and send them home.

Second day of being at work with only a couple other people. It's weird... but kinda nice at the same time.

Be safe, my friends. Be well.