Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Corona Virus

Here they are mopping up the last few adults with dose 1 and have started on the 16-17 year olds. My son (17) got his first shot through work yesterday and my daughter (20) will get her first shot at a walk in tomorrow morning. The uptake has been very high here and even though cases have been hovering around the 1000 mark they are not increasing too badly. We still have to wear masks everywhere even if vaccinated but other than that its nearly back to normal. No concerts yet though and sports events are not at capacity yet.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I just got clearance from my doctor and his strong recommendation to go for my 3rd Moderna vaccine as a booster for the immunocompromised. I'm so excited.

The delta variant is a scary situation. The booster should be generally available in September from what I'm hearing, but the compromised can get one now at the US pharmacy chains. Just make sure you get whatever brand you got before, Pfizer or Moderna. Sadly those who've had the AZ or J&J single dose vaccines aren't eligible for a booster shot.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I just got clearance from my doctor and his strong recommendation to go for my 3rd Moderna vaccine as a booster for the immunocompromised. I'm so excited.

The delta variant is a scary situation. The booster should be generally available in September from what I'm hearing, but the compromised can get one now at the US pharmacy chains. Just make sure you get whatever brand you got before, Pfizer or Moderna. Sadly those who've had the AZ or J&J single dose vaccines aren't eligible for a booster shot.
    Very happy to hear that you have been cleared for the booster! 😎

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Good news Walshfan 88. Delta is no joke. We have been very busy at work. And it’s so frustrating.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm glad you are able to get the booster shot, Austin. My sister is currently undergoing chemo treatments for cancer, so she just got the booster. Her husband and I are her primary caretakers during this, but the pharmacy is saying we are not eligible to get it yet. They say I may be able to get it once the booster is available in September. In the meantime, I'm back to masking and social distancing whenever I go into a public place. I am going to start getting tested at least weekly, maybe more if necessary.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow dreamer, sorry to hear about your sister. Prayers. Hope you can get booster soon, you are doing the right thing with masks and such. I too am wearing my mask and social distancing. I worry about kids going back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

exactly, its so ignorant to hear others disregard the severity of this virus. coming from me, my father contacted the virus last april. he was in the hospital for 8 months, put on a ventilator and dialysis, and came home living on an oxygen machine. AND HES ONLY 43, and then to hear others ridiculing this virus saying its fake, it just makes me angry.

I'm glad you folks are being careful. We have been stretched thin at work due to folks being out with Covid, and our Burger King closed over a week due to positives. In some areas, the vac rate is very low, even among staff at nursing homes! The governor said a shot was no longer optional at facilities with medicare/medicaid patients.
    Dreamer, I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's cancer. Prayers for a complete remission! I have a close relative with it as well, and they dropped chemo and don't mask.Don't understand.......
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I also have a hard time understanding where some people's heads are. Where did common sense go? It boggles my mind that our society is so willing to let so many people die over this. Edward, I am so sorry about your father and hope he will improve over time. And thanks for the kind words about my sister. She is early in her treatment and is keeping a really positive attitude so far. I am going to talk to my doctor this week to see if I can get the booster.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, Dreamer.

I have seen the narrative of the anti-vax crowd shift from "I'm not taking it because it's not FDA approved, there is no studies or approval yet!" to "well, there are other things that the FDA has approved that kill people, like Fentanyl, so I’m not taking it!". They keep moving the goalposts, now that the Pfizer shot is fully approved. It's just political and it shouldn't be.