Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Walshfan88, I feel for you, your issues are serious and take all precautions. I'm happy you were able to break free for a while as Keith kicked butt on guitar! 🎸Last night, we watched some footage from The Brothers concert at MSG to unwind. Warren Haynes is so good! Derek Trucks too! A shame Dickey wasn't a part of it. But the important thing is that music is amazing isn't it?

CAinOH, great idea to check temps at work. My mom is having a hard time finding thermometer too.

Just a tip I read...we all know dehydration is bad, yet sometimes forget drink or are too busy, etc. A Japanese doctor (name I can't remember sorry) reminded how important it is to drink because it helps flush the system (specifically the mouth) The virus gets directed to the digestive system And body can get rid of it. In a dry mouth, the chance of it shedding and even entering the lungs is much higher.

And at my house...Last week my son had strep throat and now my daughter has a fever 100.2 and sore throat. I have been disinfecting like crazy and kids haven't left the house since quarantine went into effect. My husband has been a nervous wreck since this started and this has just elevated it exponentially.

Well, daughter fever subsided and feels head congestion and sore throat. Otherwise ok. On break at work. It’s steady, but not that bad. First positive in my town confirmed.

The US state of California is on lockdown/stay-at-home order.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/us/ca...der/index.html
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's kind of alarming to me, especially how the Governor's office "declined" to tell the Los Angeles Times how they arrived at their projection of half of Californians potentially being diagnosed with the virus. Dude, if you're going to take away people's freedom, essentially putting them under house arrest, you better be darn sure about your information and forthcoming to the press and public.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 03-20-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I was listening to The Worry Song this morning, "I worry about disease. I worry about the flu. And if you got it from me or if I got it from you. And if I were you, I'd worry about that too."

Joe Walsh would have been a great President in times like these!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's kind of alarming to me, especially how the Governor's office "declined" to tell the Los Angeles Times how they arrived at their projection of half of Californians potentially being diagnosed with the virus. Dude, if you're going to take away people's freedom, essentially putting them under house arrest, you better be darn sure about your information and forthcoming to the press and public.
    Well right now they have the most amount of cases of COVID-19, next to New York. Last I heard they had surpassed Washington State, which is kinda where it all broke loose originally in the nursing homes.

I think it's not a bad idea considering the severity of things right now. And New York, who has the most cases, is now on "pause".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...ome/index.html
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I was listening to The Worry Song this morning, "I worry about disease. I worry about the flu. And if you got it from me or if I got it from you. And if I were you, I'd worry about that too."

Joe Walsh would have been a great President in times like these!!!!!
    Hah, at this point I'd even be happier with the easter bunny, but yes I think Joe would make a great president.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

schools closed for us today

And now my state (Illinois) is also on lockdown/shelter-in-place order per our governor.

I will not at all be surprised if most states end up doing this before the end of the month.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Flyer View Post
    schools closed for us today
    The schools in Illinois are closed now until April 8th I believe. Originally it was through March 30th.

I think the right call is cancelling school for the rest of the school year. Reevaluate things in August, and play it by ear.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger