Thread: Attention Eagles Fans! Our Eagles are in BIG trouble and need your help TODAY!

Out on the Border EaglesFanStan's Avatar

Default Attention Eagles Fans! Our Eagles are in BIG trouble and need your help TODAY!

Hey everyone,

As I mentioned in the title, the Eagles are in big trouble and need your help to save their reputation today! Let me explain…

March X-ness is an annual music-themed competition where people write essays about classic songs and then the internet votes on them, March Madness style. Most years this competition is about which song is the BEST of them all, but this year, the competition is called “March Badness” and it is about which song of the 1970’s and 1980’s is the worst of them all.

If you can believe it, Hotel California is currently in the Final Four of this March Badness contest, and it is running today against Charlene’s super crappy I’ve Never Been to Me! I don’t know how you all feel, but I think Hotel California is a great song, and I have no clue how it even got into the contest let alone why any body would have voted for it to win the title of worst song (probably a lot of Big Lebowski fans…) But we have to do everything we can to stop it!

To save the Eagles and Hotel California’s reputation, we have to vote against them in this competition. To vote against Hotel California head to the March Badness website here (http://marchxness.com/finalfour-eaglesvscharlene/) and cast your vote not for the Eagles, but instead for Charlene’s I’ve Never Been to Me. This might seem weird, but remember that this is a contest for which song is the worst, not which song is the best. We don’t want Hotel California to win worst song!

Looks like the voting closes tomorrow 3-27 at 9am west coast time. I have already cast my vote but be sure to cast yours and ask any other Eagles fans you know to cast a vote against the Eagles in this competition, too! Thanks everyone for your help, and good luck!

EDIT: Just figured out you can cast more than one vote across multiple devices (phone, computer, tablet, so on), so keep those votes coming, people! Those Big Lebowski fans are giving our Eagles one hell of a run today but can't let them win! The Eagles don't write bad songs!!
    Last edited by EaglesFanStan; 03-26-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Default Re: Attention Eagles Fans! Our Eagles are in BIG trouble and need your help TODAY!

When I was young, I might have felt the urge to "help" the Eagles. I appreciate your desire to do so, and I'm not scolding you. But some people just want to hate on them (and other acts). Sites like this just perpetuate that sort of behavior, and I'm personally tired of this kind of thing. We all have our reasons for disliking this or that song, and may discuss them. However, I see no purpose in declaring one song or the other the "worst".
    After all, you're saying both of them are bad.
    Eagles' tremendous success brought them jealous critics for nearly fifty years. They cried all the way to the bank.
    Tastes are subjective anyway. Negativity not needed.
    JMHO.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Out on the Border EaglesFanStan's Avatar

Default Re: Attention Eagles Fans! Our Eagles are in BIG trouble and need your help TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    After all, you're saying both of them are bad.
    Eagles' tremendous success brought them jealous critics for nearly fifty years. They cried all the way to the bank.
    Tastes are subjective anyway. Negativity not needed.
    JMHO.
    Respectfully, I'm definitely not saying Hotel California is bad. Not at all. I'm saying it's a good song, and that's why it has no place in a contest like this. "Never Been to Me" has topped bad song lists in the past, but I really don't understand how anybody could say the Eagles belong there. I'm not saying you have to help or should help if you're not inclined, but I think if a lot of us fans came together we could stop this thing!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting this Stan - I went over and checked out the site and from what I can tell, Hotel California is safe. But, it's hard to tell if the voting ended or not. If so, why haven't they moved on to the championship round?

I think the concept of these type games is good and they should be fun. But, they loose their credibility when you include a legendary song like Hotel California in a contest of bad songs. So, in this sense, I have to agree with FreyFollower. I feel comfortable in saying that the general public does not consider Hotel California to be a bad song. So, including it in a contest immediately delegitimizes the game from the start and just gives internet trolls and haters license to 'do their thing'.

And, indeed, the Eagles always prevail on these things as they laugh their way to the bank.

But, again, this is JMHO and I appreciate you calling it to our attention. After all, any info about the Eagles is news here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hey, Stan! I certainly didn't mean you Personally were saying the song was bad. Sorry if it read that way. What I meant was that by having the song in a group of supposed worst songs, they are already implying that it is bad.(I wasn't directing my comments at you, but at the concept). Didn't mean to offend. My apologies.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."