Thread: What are THE ODDS Henley will do a Free Living Room Show during Virus?

Default What are THE ODDS Henley will do a Free Living Room Show during Virus?

With hundreds of artists doing shows online for free for their fans...what are the odds the money grubbing Donnie will do a measly free show for the fans that have made him a. very rich man? Maybe he did one already or announced one and Im being foolish?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: What are THE ODDS Henley will do a Free Living Room Show during Virus?

Don is known to be very charitable, so I don't think his reluctance to do this has anything to do with $$. He just isn't that active on the internet so my guess is that this would be a little out of his comfort zone.

BTW - I'm moving this thread to Don's forum.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: What are THE ODDS Henley will do a Free Living Room Show during Virus?

While I agree Don is quite charitable and very philanthropic - I think we will never see anything "free" regarding Mr. Henley and his music. I think while he may offer something for purchase that supports a charity or a group of people, he doesn't seem to feel like his music is anything he wants to 'donate', even for this! After all, it was the Eagles in the 90s with their reunion that really brought ticket prices to an all new high.

So, while I think Don does do a lot for groups or causes he believes in, the day we see a free Don Henley or Eagles concert for any reason, will be the day I expect hell to truly freeze over!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Like Dreamer says, doing things online isn’t really his scene. I can’t imagine it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The odds are about the same as finding a well-stocked shelf of toilet paper at the store!

As an aside, in the performances I’ve seen, the singer is playing acoustic guitar. How well does he play the guitar? He may not be comfortable singing a cappella and singing along to just drums probably wouldn’t work.

p.s. I agree with Dreamer that it isn’t a money issue.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The odds are about the same as finding a well-stocked shelf of toilet paper at the store!

Lol Delilah.

If Will is at home, he could probably play the guitar for him, but I don't know how well he can play even though he took lessons from Chris Holt and went on tour.

Heck I have seen some artist band members playing somewhere else. So it could happen if he can get Steuart or Chris.

I think Don could do this if it was TV, but again. Hell would freeze over to see Don doing this. He may have a Facebook account, but not to fo that.

I actually can see Joe doing this. I think I read Vince will be part of CMT Giants honoring Kenny. So Vince will probably do the a song from his living room.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I actually can see Joe doing this. I think I read Vince will be part of CMT Giants honoring Kenny. So Vince will probably do the a song from his living room.
    Vince has already posted a video after accepting a challenge from Luke Combs. I’ll post it in his thread.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I don't see Don doing this, the internet doesn't seem to be his thing!