Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laurel Canyon Official Trailer | History of the Eagles and the Hippie Portrait

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Laurel Canyon Official Trailer | History of the Eagles and the Hippie Portrait

Thanks for the link to the interview with Bernie. My favourite line: "When I was in my twenties, people that were talking about what went on 50 years ago were talking about World War I."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Laurel Canyon Official Trailer | History of the Eagles and the Hippie Portrait

Wow, I really enjoyed reading that. Thanks NMB for finding that. Bernie always has such an interesting take on things.

Yeah, I always love reading interviews with Bernie. Wouldn't it be great if he actually did a show every now and again? He does live outside Music City, after all! Of course, that's not going to happy anytime soon at this point...

A man who lived life on his own terms, left a lot of money on the table, and has no regrets.

I love that he got a chance to have one last hurrah with the Eagles before Glenn died. It doesn't surprise me that his favorite part of the show was when there was only four of them out there!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Maybe it gives a more nuanced understanding that he preferred the simpler structure of the early Eagles. Not that he left because he didn’t like the more rock direction the band was taking.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks SS and NMB. for keeping us up-to-date on this documentary. Bernie is such an interesting guy and I love listening to or reading his interviews. So honest and open.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I finally got a chance to watch the first part (thanks to a 7-day free trial on Amazon Prime). I thought it was well-done, lots of interesting photos and background info. There’s actually footage of Henry Diltz performing with his folk band. I almost didn’t recognize him. No mention of the Eagles in this segment.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

​I loved it. DVR-ed it and have watched it several times. I upgraded to Epix just to see it. I can't wait for part 2!

I tried to watch it but I'd have to subscribe to a paid service. I can do the free trial like Delilah but I have a bad habit of forgetting to cancel in time... I'm going to wait and how much Eagles content there is first, although of course the rest of it is also interesting. If Part 2 doesn't have much...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Well, darn! I just found out Spectrum is offering EPIX free for all subscribers... but just until April 19th (or some time around there). Too quick an offer to see this.

I upgraded just to watch & record Laurel Canyon!
    I can't wait for part 2 tonight!! One more hour! (California time)

By the way...it's June! That means Glenn in his baseball uniform! Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    By the way...it's June! That means Glenn in his baseball uniform! Yummy!
    Yes! But... look at the year. That was an error in the calendar template. I didn't notice it until a friend pointed it out to me. If I had seen it before printing it, I would have corrected it. The days are correct; the year is wrong. Too funny.

I've heard there's considerable Eagles play in the second part of the documentary.