Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laurel Canyon Official Trailer | History of the Eagles and the Hippie Portrait

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Laurel Canyon Official Trailer | History of the Eagles and the Hippie Portrait

I've not been able to track it down, yet. I saw Alison Ellwood's name so she will certainly have access to Eagles material but is it the same as in HotE?

Border Rebel

Default Re: Laurel Canyon Official Trailer | History of the Eagles and the Hippie Portrait

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Yes! But... look at the year. That was an error in the calendar template. I didn't notice it until a friend pointed it out to me. If I had seen it before printing it, I would have corrected it. The days are correct; the year is wrong. Too funny.

I've heard there's considerable Eagles play in the second part of the documentary.
    That is funny, CA! I never even noticed until this post. Quite honestly, these days I mostly need a calendar to tell me what day of the week it is...

Btw, if you're going to turn back time, could you go back a little further?

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Btw, if you're going to turn back time, could you go back a little further?
    How many decades are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I finally got a chance to watch the first part (thanks to a 7-day free trial on Amazon Prime). I thought it was well-done, lots of interesting photos and background info. There’s actually footage of Henry Diltz performing with his folk band. I almost didn’t recognize him. No mention of the Eagles in this segment.
    I watched Part 1 last week and I didn't know Henry was in a band. That's new to me. I did recognize him. He really haven't changed other than he grew his hair long.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Watched Part 2 which focused on the “2nd wave” of artists to land in Laurel Canyon. There was a significant amount of Eagles coverage, given that various other artists were also featured. Again, it was well-done and informative, although it seemed there could have been more content to round it out.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I've not been able to track it down, yet. I saw Alison Ellwood's name so she will certainly have access to Eagles material but is it the same as in HotE?
    I believe most of it was the same as the HOTE doc. There was voiceover commentary from Bernie, Don H and Glenn. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen the HOTE doc but I think there may have been some new comments from Bernie and Don. Bernie’s comments about his experience at the Altamont concert may have come from that doc. Also, there was some video footage of the band performing at a large outdoor venue that I don’t recall seeing before. The band is introduced by Linda Ronstadt and they’re playing Already Gone. Don Felder is onstage with them. The video is kind of grainy, like it may have been recorded by a fan.

A couple of Eagles songs are played (or snippets of them) as background music so that was nice.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Delilah, your description of a video from a large outdoor concert could be from Balboa Park, San Diego, September 1975. Have you seen the clips of Linda performing that show on YouTube?

Stuck on the Border

I found an interview with Alison Ellwood about it. The bit about not having the artists on camera made me chuckle. Who could that have been?

Honestly, as people get older, they’re more self-conscious about how they look. And that’s been something that we’ve had to deal with rock docs in the past. [Laughs.] And, you know, the last thing you need is to have to keep reshooting things because people don’t like the way they look.
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/laurel-can...185556724.html

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Delilah, your description of a video from a large outdoor concert could be from Balboa Park, San Diego, September 1975. Have you seen the clips of Linda performing that show on YouTube?
    I did a quick search for the video to be sure but no, it looks different. The backdrop isn’t the same. Also, in the doc, Linda is wearing a white blouse whereas in the San Diego clip, it’s red. Glenn is wearing a white t-shirt with letters on the back but I couldn’t read what it said. Bernie is wearing some kind of cap I haven’t seen him wear before.

BTW, there’s some Randy material that we’ve already seen but nevertheless it was cool to see it included.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I found an interview with Alison Ellwood about it. The bit about not having the artists on camera made me chuckle. Who could that have been?
    For starters I would say not David Crosby. It’s doubtful he would mind being on camera. Don H? Quite possibly. Maybe Steve Martin b/c he hasn’t been in the spotlight for a long while. Linda has been having health issues so maybe she wouldn’t care to be on video.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It is interesting that none of the artists were on camera other than Henry and that lady photographer(I forgot her). Just voiceovers. I think I remembered from articles that their were new interviews from some of the artists.

Some things Glenn said I've never heard him. Where did it come from? Some may had come from HOTE. I think that was the current Don talking. He added some info of the get together of the Eagles. He was named as one of the artists to have interviews. Some of the Eagles segments I've never seen. The guys riding horses during the Desperado part. I've never seen that video. I wonder how long it took Alison to do the documentary because we know Eliot Roberts and even Glenn were already dead.

To tell the truth. I enjoyed part 2 than part 1, but I enjoyed the whole thing. I don't know where I was, but I didn't know Graham Nash and Joni Mitchell were a couple.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-10-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Hmm. I'm thinking I'll watch it, although it does sound like most of the stuff is HotE retread when it comes to our guys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten