Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

Time for the Farewell I Survivor, where we vote off the song performances on the DVD / BluRay until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all the songs performed on the concert here. Vote for the performances that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song performances that get the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Special note: Due to the fact that there are so many performances, the first 10 rounds will be double eliminations - two performances will go per round. For the first 10 rounds, you should vote for two song performances.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared. The exception is the last round. If the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME ON!

Performances in Play:
    Already Gone
    Take It Easy

Performances Eliminated:
    Silent Spring 4/02
    Sunset Grill 4/02
    Life's Been Good 4/04
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4/04
    No More Cloudy Days 4/06
    Love Will Keep Us Alive 4/06
    Hole in the World 4/08
    Funk #49 4/08
    One Day at a Time 4/10
    Walk Away 4/10
    I Can't Tell You Why 4/12
    Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
    In the City 4/14
    Desperado 4/14
    You Belong to the City 4/16
    The Boys of Summer 4/16
    Take It to the Limit 4/18
    Wasted Time 4/18
    Dirty Laundry 4/20
    Lyin' Eyes 4/20
    New Kid in Town 4/22
    The Long Run 4/24
    Life in the Fast Lane 4/26
    Peaceful Easy Feeling 4/28
    One of These Nights 4/30
    Tequila Sunrise 5/02
    Hotel California 5/04
    Heartache Tonight 5/06

Hope everyone enjoys the game.

Voting for the final round is in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday, 5/08.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 05-06-2020 at 11:10 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

Ok. I'll start...

Life's Been Good
    You Belong to the City
    Last edited by MarthaJo56; 04-01-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

MJ - During the first ten double-elimination rounds, each player needs to vote for two songs per round. I added the following note to the rules in the opening post:

Special note: Due to the fact that there are so many performances, the first 10 rounds will be double eliminations - two performances will go per round. For the first 10 rounds, you should vote for two song performances.

So, please vote for another performance for this round. You can edit your post to add your second vote. And for future voters, please include both of your votes in the same post.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

Silent Spring
    Love Will Keep Us Alive

Silent Spring and Life's Been Good - both solo songs.

We got our money's worth with that DVD, didn't we?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Silent Spring and No More Cloudy Days.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Voting for:

One Day At A Time
    Silent Spring

Stuck on the Border

I vote for Silent Spring and Sunset Grill.

We sure did get our money's word on this dvd !

Silent Spring and Sunset Grill

Totally got our money's worth!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Silent Spring and Life's Been Good
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten