Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

Looks like theres no real way to save tequila sunrise, so I will vote strategically for Hotel California.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Voting for Hotel California

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles DVD Survivor: Results of Round Sixteen

The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Tequila Sunrise. “Tequila Sunrise”, the tribe has spoken and we know you were workin’ on the dreams you planned to try. It must be a hollow feeling cause now you’re just another lonely song in town. The remaining performances are all out runnin’ ‘round and can return to camp. Go ahead and take another shot of courage and then leave the island immediately. Say goodbye.

Vote
    Tequila Sunrise – 5
    Hotel California – 4
    Already Gone – 1

Vote Breakdown
    Tequila Sunrise – WalshFan88
    Tequila Sunrise – shunlvswx
    Tequila Sunrise – scottside
    Tequila Sunrise – Brooke
    Tequila Sunrise – Ive always been a dreamer
    Hotel California – MarthaJo56
    Hotel California – groupie2686
    Hotel California – Glennsallnighter
    Hotel California – LovinGlennGirl
    Already Gone – New Kid In Town

Performances Eliminated
    Silent Spring 4/02
    Sunset Grill 4/02
    Life's Been Good 4/04
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4/04
    No More Cloudy Days 4/06
    Love Will Keep Us Alive 4/06
    Hole in the World 4/08
    Funk #49 4/08
    One Day at a Time 4/10
    Walk Away 4/10
    I Can't Tell You Why 4/12
    Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
    In the City 4/14
    Desperado 4/14
    You Belong to the City 4/16
    The Boys of Summer 4/16
    Take It to the Limit 4/18
    Wasted Time 4/18
    Dirty Laundry 4/20
    Lyin' Eyes 4/20
    New Kid in Town 4/22
    The Long Run 4/24
    Life in the Fast Lane 4/26
    Peaceful Easy Feeling 4/28
    One of These Nights - 4/30
    Tequila Sunrise 5/02

Performances in Play
    Already Gone
    Heartache Tonight
    Hotel California
    Take It Easy

Voting for Round 17 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Monday, 5/04.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Again...Hotel California ( even though the West Coast is the best coast)

Heartache Tonight

I just feel all 3 other songs are more captivating performances and better performances overall.

I also want to stick up for Steuart Smith here. I think Steuart, to use a Glenn phrase, was a real shot in the arm for the band! He's a brilliant musician. Some overlook him the same way Dave Amato gets overlooked, just based on principal because they are mad at the singer because the previous guy was fired. Dave Amato being the guitarist that took over after Gary Richrath had to leave REO Speedwagon. Steuart and Dave are as amazing as Don and Gary. And personally, I'm team Glenn Frey and Kevin Cronin. They were in the right. As much as I love the other two as players, Gary had become a problem for the band. As was Felder. I feel like Steuart is honestly one who should have been the 5th Eagle from F1 forward, even though he clearly did not want that spotlight on him and the attention. He does do HC justice!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

Hotel California

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Heartache Tonight

I just feel all 3 other songs are more captivating performances and better performances overall.

I also want to stick up for Steuart Smith here. I think Steuart, to use a Glenn phrase, was a real shot in the arm for the band! He's a brilliant musician. Some overlook him the same way Dave Amato gets overlooked, just based on principal because they are mad at the singer because the previous guy was fired. Dave Amato being the guitarist that took over after Gary Richrath had to leave REO Speedwagon. Steuart and Dave are as amazing as Don and Gary. And personally, I'm team Glenn Frey and Kevin Cronin. They were in the right. As much as I love the other two as players, Gary had become a problem for the band. As was Felder. I feel like Steuart is honestly one who should have been the 5th Eagle from F1 forward, even though he clearly did not want that spotlight on him and the attention. He does do HC justice!
    I wonder how many "Steuart Smith is not Don Felder people could tell which one is Don and which one is Steuart if they didn't know and heard two performances of the same song. And if the Eagles recorded a new song with Felder, but told people that it's Smith, would they hear that "Eagles magic". I know people like you could tell the difference, but I'm sure there are also people who wouldn't.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Right on, chaim!

Now, I have no idea how these remaining songs will finish - some of my thoughts ...

• Already Gone has a lot of energy and another shallow thought - I love how Glenn looks up to the sky to see the stars.
    • Heartache Tonight is the most rockin' of all the performances remaining, IMO. I actually like the horns a lot in this one.
    • Hotel California is technical perfection and the trumpet solo at the beginning adds an interesting dimension.
    • Take It Easy is a great crowd-pleaser as always, but my favorite performances of this song are the ones with the extended guitar solo.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Right on, chaim!

Now, I have no idea how these remaining songs will finish - some of my thoughts ...

• Already Gone has a lot of energy and another shallow thought - I love how Glenn looks up to the sky to see the stars.
    • Heartache Tonight is the most rockin' of all the performances remaining, IMO. I actually like the horns a lot in this one.
    • Hotel California is technical perfection and the trumpet solo at the beginning adds an interesting dimension.
    • Take It Easy is a great crowd-pleaser as always, but my favorite performances of this song are the ones with the extended guitar solo.
    We are pretty much in agreement here Dreamer, although I'd flip flop on that Already Gone has more energy than Heartache Tonight and that's why I want to save it over HT.

TIE in HFO with Joe's solo there is definitely my favorite. You can hear the prototype version of that solo as I call it on the Capital Center concert from the HC tour, but it was finalized by the time of HFO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I wonder how many "Steuart Smith is not Don Felder people could tell which one is Don and which one is Steuart if they didn't know and heard two performances of the same song. And if the Eagles recorded a new song with Felder, but told people that it's Smith, would they hear that "Eagles magic". I know people like you could tell the difference, but I'm sure there are also people who wouldn't.
    Exactly right, chaim!

Both Steuart and Don were totally precise technicians and that style of player can be really, really hard to tell who's who if they are playing the same parts especially if the listener isn't a guitarist or musician of some type anyway. I can, but man Steuart really has that stuff down to a T.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger