Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

Default Re: Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

No More Cloudy Days and Hole In The World
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - that was an exciting round! Thanks Austin for saving the awesome Life's Been Good. I figured my risk would pay off, but you can never be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post

I unfortunately can't participate because never had the dvd, and only had the axs TV version which I lost when my dvr died. 😣😞 but I did enjoy the solo songs too. It was fun watching "ASWTDID" and of course "LBG". But I will refrain from voting.
    KW - Even if you don't feel comfortable voting, you are welcome to participate in the discussion. However, if you want to play, maybe you can find a copy of the DVD on Amazon or ebay. I didn't check Amazon, but I did a quick search and found this on ebay at a great price with no shipping charges. Plus it says you should receive it by April 10th.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Eagles-...wAAMXQdm5Q9wyu

Or another option might be to check with your local library to see if they have a copy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

My votes for Round 2:

Life's Been Good
    All She Wamts to Do is Dance

Border Rebel

Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Life's Been Good

No More Cloudy Days and Love Will Keep Us Alive

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I was just thinking that in these double-elimination rounds, there is probably a need to deploy a bit more strategy than we usually do, particularly in light of the fact that we don' have a lot of member participation. As we saw last round, it probably won't be uncommon to see some of these performances eliminated with just 3 or 4 votes, so that means every vote is more important than ever. I know many of you usually vote strictly based on the song/performance that you like least and, of course, there is nothing wrong with that. However, you may want to consider voting a little bit more strategically to save performances you like from elimination. There are times when it is good strategy to join other players in voting for a performance that you like in order to save a song you like even better. That’s what I did last round, and I can see this happening a lot in this game. I hope no one will interpret this post as me telling you how to vote because that is not my intention at all. I just thought I would share some strategic tips since many of you are newbies at the game unlike some of us oldies.

So, just a forewarning that whenever I see an opportunity to save a really good performance, I may suggest forming an alliance. But as always, it will be strictly up to each member about whether or not they want to join the alliance or not.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really don't want to vote for any of these songs, I love them all!

Life's Been Good
    All She Wants to do is Dance

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Where are all of our voters for this round. We have only had 5 players vote so far. Just a reminder, this round ends at 8:00 p.m. EST tonight.

I'm swinging in before the bell and taking Dreamer's advice to heart about paying attention to what other people are voting for.

I must admit, I've always thought "Life's Been Good" was a tad overrated, so I'm voting for that one again. And I'll join Brooke in voting for "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" to hopefully shore up against some others, even though there are aspects of that I enjoy.

So, to sum up:

Life's Been Good
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow, I love watching them do Life's Been Good and All She Wants to Do is Dance - I love watching Glenn dance! This may not make a difference but I vote for

Funk #49
    Rocky Mountain Way