Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: California Jam 1974 (Rare)

Default California Jam 1974 (Rare)

Hello everyone, don’t know if there’s a discussion post for this, but i have been in contact with someone who was a cameraman at the California Jam in 1974. As many know, the eagles played there, and so far only 4 clips of them performing there are available (take it easy, already Gone, midnight flyer, and james dean). Many may not know this, but these four songs are only half of the songs that they actually played there, the full setlist goes like this
    witchy woman
    good day in hell
    already gone
    midnight flyer
    early bird
    on the border
    james dean
    outlaw man
    take it easy
    The cameraman i spoke to says he has the 4 remaining songs and is considering on sharing them with me, i just wanted to know if anyone has any photos from the cal jam? i will attach the image of the original “script book” that ABC and the directors made for the eagles, pretty rare. Enjoy!

Border Rebel

Default Re: California Jam 1974 (Rare)

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    Hello everyone, don’t know if there’s a discussion post for this, but i have been in contact with someone who was a cameraman at the California Jam in 1974. As many know, the eagles played there, and so far only 4 clips of them performing there are available (take it easy, already Gone, midnight flyer, and james dean). Many may not know this, but these four songs are only half of the songs that they actually played there, the full setlist goes like this
    witchy woman
    good day in hell
    already gone
    midnight flyer
    early bird
    on the border
    james dean
    outlaw man
    take it easy
    The cameraman i spoke to says he has the 4 remaining songs and is considering on sharing them with me, i just wanted to know if anyone has any photos from the cal jam? i will attach the image of the original “script book” that ABC and the directors made for the eagles, pretty rare. Enjoy!

Wow, that is wild and the first time I've ever heard about this. I always thought it strange that Henley had no lead vocals in the songs that there are already videos for. Now, it makes sense. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was not aware that they ever played "On The Border" live. I'd love to hear that!

I would love to see footage as well! Especially "on the border". I love that song! I don't see the attachment? Did it load? Please keep us posted edwardd19!

Im sorry that the image is so small if anyone knows how to make images bigger please let me know

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

These are very cool and thanks so much for sharing. I don't have much time right now, but I can try to play around with them later and see if I can enlarge them without much degradation in quality. Unfortunately, I don't have very sophisticated image software on my laptop, but I'll be glad to try.

They are small because you are uploading to the site as an attachment. In order to post an image true to size on the board, you have to upload tyour image file to a secondary image-hosting site such as Imgur, PostImage, or Photobucket, and then copy the link from the site in your post here. That is the best way to do it to post the best quality image. The first two are free services, but Photobucket is not.

If anyone else can work on this before I get around to it, please do.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    These are very cool and thanks so much for sharing. I don't have much time right now, but I can try to play around with them later and see if I can enlarge them without much degradation in quality. Unfortunately, I don't have very sophisticated image software on my laptop, but I'll be glad to try.

They are small because you are uploading to the site as an attachment. In order to post an image true to size on the board, you have to upload tyour image file to a secondary image-hosting site such as Imgur, PostImage, or Photobucket, and then copy the link from the site in your post here. That is the best way to do it to post the best quality image. The first two are free services, but Photobucket is not.

If anyone else can work on this before I get around to it, please do.
    thANK YOU i have done it! i appreciate your help!
    here are the links
    https://postimg.cc/YvKNtVTL
    https://postimg.cc/dkLZ2mzK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No - THANK YOU! These are very cool!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

SO cool! Thanks! 😊

It's all in your smile that brings