Thread: New Podcast (from an old friend!) -- a deep dive on Joe's career

Default New Podcast (from an old friend!) -- a deep dive on Joe's career

Hi all! It's been awhile since I checked in over here. Hope you all have been well. At the start of this year, I transitioned away from YouTube videos, and I've launched a podcast. It's called "Play That Rock'n'Roll" and it takes a look back at the albums and artists of the classic rock era. My first two episodes were retrospectives on the Steve Miller Band. But my last two are a deep dive into the life and career of Joe Walsh!

The show is meant to introduce casual music fans to Joe's career, so I imagine most of you here are familiar with a lot of what I talk about... but there might be some surprises! I've posted a few short clips as "videocasts" on YouTube, so you may prefer these -- "James Gang WITHOUT Joe Walsh", "Best Yacht Rock Song Ever", "Joe Walsh & Robocop", "Joe Walsh vs. Rep Joe Walsh"

Anyway, if you're interested, I'd be be quite flattered if you would give the full episodes a listen and tell me what you think. For what it's worth, Kristin Casey (author of the recent "Rock Monster" book about Joe) listened to these and she enjoyed them quite a bit!

Still -- this podcast is brand new, so I am still learning how to host one. I'd certainly welcome any feedback or constructive criticism!

Otherwise, if you're interested in the music of classic rock, I'd invite you to like my page on facebook or follow me on Twitter. I post classic rock content daily (but not excessively), and lately I've been reviewing randomly selected albums by classic rock artists.

Here are my links:
    Joe Walsh: Part 1 & Part 2
    Show page
    Page on Apple podcasts
    Twitter
    Facebook
    YouTube
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Default Re: New Podcast (from an old friend!) -- a deep dive on Joe's career

I'll check it out when I can. Saw your other post regarding YBIYNI, an often overlooked album.

Default Re: New Podcast (from an old friend!) -- a deep dive on Joe's career

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. I talk about YBI-YNI quite a bit in Part 2!
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh