Randy looks like he's had a very rough time lately. He's had alcohol problems as well as mental health issues. In 2013-2014 he was in the hospital after swallowing, chocking on some food. He was in a coma for a while too. The Eagles picked up the bill paying all of his hospital bills.
Wonder if Joe was aware of Randy's condition and kept the interview short. At times it sounded like Randy was having trouble speaking. Perhaps Joe will have him on again, that would be nice.
Interview are hard because you don't want to have a long silence in one on the air. I think that is why Joe asks so many questions and does the "remember when" too. He did the same with Linda because of her condition. Of course we don't hear all the phone call so we can only speculate on how long he really talks to them.
I wish he's do more of the video interviews like with Irving and Crowe. They are harder because both parties have to be set up. When you think of all the people he knows from the Rock Era he could have a lot of interviews. I wish he's play some of the "jam" tapes he said he has. He was going to go over them so maybe soon.
Praying they all stay safe during these times.