Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Here are the in-studio bits from Joe's last two shows.

First up, is his interview with Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters. Earlier in the show, he plays "Down on the Farm", "Still the Good Old Days" (which he wrote with Sheryl Crow), and Hawkins' "Get the Money".

No guest on the most recent episode, as he is about to go on some well-deserved vacation from this show. He plays "Half of the Time" and "The Friend Song" from his own catalog this week.

I must say, this radio show has been one of the few musical highlights of 2020 for me. A year without concerts has been quite painful, but this show is silver lining of sorts...

I don't know when Joe's returning, but I will continue to edit these clips together once he returns (as long as my schedule allows).
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks, Rambo! I hope Joe continues!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Can't wait..He must have gone to his place in Aspen.
    Never seen him wit that guitar before. He has a Gibson electric double neck but first I've seen him with an acoustic one. Older picture or new look??

Does anyone know for sure is it Majorie that reads the questions for Joe? Seems reasonable beings as he records from home and she's there. I think it sure sounds like her.

It’s an older pic Scamp, but a goodie! Good question regarding Marjorie maybe you should “Just Ask Joe”

I saw it on another board that I'm on. Never thought about it before but it does sound like her. I got a couple questions in there already. LOL
    I thought the picture was an older one but one never knows which all that's going on now maybe he decided to cut his hair again..Not..
    I wonder if they took a private plane to Aspen and not take the chance of exposing their selves to the virus.
    I thought about asking him on days when he doesn't have a guest maybe at the end of the show he could have a question answer time and answer 5 or 10 more questions besides what he answers during the show. I think that would be neat.

Joe returns! No guest this week, as it is fundraising time for 88.5 FM. If you enjoy this show, consider making a donation!

The only Joe "song" played this week was the "Wah Wah's" bit from the end of "But Seriously Folks". Kinda funny.

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Hi Rambo! I did donate, and enjoyed the show, as usual. This was a great return I thought, he told a story regarding Jimi Hendrix, talked funk guitar rhythm playing and inspirations, and the great story behind "The smoker..." Phrase/ l.p. Title came from. Plus stated that a 8" reel of live Barnstorm has been unearthed. .....possible release?!?!? And he played such an eclectic set of music, including Stephen Stills "Change Partners", George Strait "You Know Me Better Than That", and many more gems, including "True Faith" by New Order...dang I haven't heard that in sooooo long! Keep rockin Joe

Joe’s show was great as usual, he had Dewey from America as guest. Played a lot of good tunes and mentioned he will have a guest this Saturday and will probably play something live on show!! Yay!!!!!