Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Randy looks like he's had a very rough time lately. He's had alcohol problems as well as mental health issues. In 2013-2014 he was in the hospital after swallowing, chocking on some food. He was in a coma for a while too. The Eagles picked up the bill paying all of his hospital bills.
    Wonder if Joe was aware of Randy's condition and kept the interview short. At times it sounded like Randy was having trouble speaking. Perhaps Joe will have him on again, that would be nice.
    Interview are hard because you don't want to have a long silence in one on the air. I think that is why Joe asks so many questions and does the "remember when" too. He did the same with Linda because of her condition. Of course we don't hear all the phone call so we can only speculate on how long he really talks to them.
    I wish he's do more of the video interviews like with Irving and Crowe. They are harder because both parties have to be set up. When you think of all the people he knows from the Rock Era he could have a lot of interviews. I wish he's play some of the "jam" tapes he said he has. He was going to go over them so maybe soon.
    Praying they all stay safe during these times.

I couldn't listen to Joe's show Sat night so I tried to listen yesterday. Couldn't get it to load. No problem with other shows just this Sat. Can't figure out why. Maybe something on their end. Anybody else have problem?
    This morning I can't even get the site, even going online using their address off google search and not "my favorite" list. Must be something here I can't even get it on my phone.
    Last edited by Scamp; 12-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Yippie I was finally able to get Joes show to load. Loved it. Played a lot of songs I remember as I'm only two years younger than Joe. I was surprised to see the "Wayward Wind" on his list. It was a song my grandmother used to play on her piano all the time. I love it. Never even heard anyone else mention it before. When she past away, I went over to her house the next day and got the sheet music fo the song. Still have it
    Thought it was nice of him to play Family I'm sure it was because it was their anniversary. He even wished Majorie Happy Anniversary.
    Thought there was some really good questions too.

Dang I have to listen yet. I thought it was a replay due to VetsAid. He’s a busy boy! Thanks for posting Scamp

This episode of his show had some of my favorite songs from the '50s and 60s on it. I was raised by my grandparents who loved that era, so I have a soft spot for that style of music. Also, Joe's little chuckle as he talked about Screamin' Jay Hawkins was too adorable! And that anniversary nod to Marjorie was sweet. Can't wait to hear this week's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Dang I have to listen yet. I thought it was a replay due to VetsAid. He’s a busy boy! Thanks for posting Scamp
    The first hour he played all 50's songs then the second hour, or B side as he called it, was rock and roll. It was great hearing some of the oldies. As soon as they started to play all the lyrics came back to be. Fun

Here's the in-studio bits from the last two episodes of Joe's show! Enjoy!

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    The first hour he played all 50's songs then the second hour, or B side as he called it, was rock and roll. It was great hearing some of the oldies. As soon as they started to play all the lyrics came back to be. Fun

hi Scamp, I listened and it was great. I love doo-wop. I remember fondly listening to Big D 103-WDRC back in the day With my Dad and they would play on Saturday night I think 50s and such. So a lot of those I was boppin right along too. My son loves “yakety yak” and “rubber biscuit”

Joe has great stories throughout via Just Ask Joe questions, and I loved the way he gave the rundown on Jerry Lee Lewis marriages in the beginning LOL. Another stand out for me was the rundown on the “flange” recording style/production. I’m a sucker for guitar and flange, I use it a lot when playing. I’m glad too he plays Dan Fogelberg and he played the “unplugged” version of “Hotel California”

cant wait to hear last nights show.

Hi KingWalsh
    The week before his show I was singing some of those songs when I was walking the dog. LOL Wayward Wind is a favorite of mine as my Grandmother used to play it all the time on her piano.
    I like the acoustic version of HC too. When you watch them do it on the HFT Joe looks a little nervous. I can only imagine how he must have felt. His first time in his life performing sober and playing a Spanish style which he usually doesn't do. If you watch the show you can see his fingers on his left hand shaking. Still a little rough just out of rehab and all. Joe's not really known as a nylon string guitar player but he also has played it on Paul McCartney's album too.
    I like when he explains how things are done when recording or playing. I'd like to see him a video on pedals. Nothing fancy just some basics, like what pedals do, is there a order they should be hooked up in and maybe a little sample play on them.
    Maybe one day he'll interview Steve Luke or Waddy. I think he and Waddy could really talk about Troubadour history.

And here are the in-studio bits from the last two 2020 episodes of Joe Walsh's Old Fashioned Rock'n'Roll Radio Show! He's pretty vague about the future of the show in the last episode, but it seems he is not done with radio hosting. Whatever the case, I think he did a great job with this show! It's been one of the most unique ways an artist has utilized their free time during this pandemic, and a real joy to listen to. Great interviews & tunes all year!

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh