Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Hi all! Here's all of Joe's in-studio bits from Episode 2. I will try to post his segments as often as I can. Highlights from this week's show were him playing "No Peace in the Jungle" from "Got Any Gum" and "Good Man Down" from "The Confessor"! Also, his wife Marjorie hopped on for a moment to introduce Joe's jam session with Little Richard ("But I Try") from "Analog Man".

Great show!

If you're a fan of Joe or classic rock in general, please subscribe to my YouTube channel, and follow me on twitter at @PlayThatPodcast!
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Listened, it was fun as expected, and goes by fast! I said it before, love that he plays all kinds of stuff, and as Rambo said, he played deep cuts of his own! Yay! I still wish he would chat a bit more, so cool Marjorie was on too....88.5 has the show in its entirety:

https://www.885fm.org/programs/joe-w...ll-radio-show/

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    For those who missed it, here are all of Joe's in-studio bits. I have more Joe content on that YouTube page, so be sure to hit subscribe!

Also, if you're curious, check out the podcast I did about Joe. Kristin Casey, the author of "Rock Monster: My Life With Joe Walsh", gave it very high praise. You can find it here: Part 1 & Part 2.

Finally, you can find me on twitter at @PlayThatPodcast & also on facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    Hi all! Here's all of Joe's in-studio bits from Episode 2. I will try to post his segments as often as I can. Highlights from this week's show were him playing "No Peace in the Jungle" from "Got Any Gum" and "Good Man Down" from "The Confessor"! Also, his wife Marjorie hopped on for a moment to introduce Joe's jam session with Little Richard ("But I Try") from "Analog Man".

Great show!

If you're a fan of Joe or classic rock in general, please subscribe to my YouTube channel, and follow me on twitter at @PlayThatPodcast!
    Thanks so much for posting these, RamboIV! Joe sounds like he’s enjoying himself, and it was quite entertaining.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Love that Joe is doing this. We need this content now!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Love that Joe is doing this. We need this content now!
    So true! Comforting. 🌟💓

Listening to Joe week 3! "Bubbles".....from The Confessor album...playing songs to sum up this past week......he said he'll tell some stories in the second half💓🎸🌟

Hi all! Here's Joe's in-studio bits from Episode 3, which include the debut of a character named Bob. Joe played "Bubbles" from "The Confessor" and "India" (again) from "Analog Man". Most importantly however, he played an unreleased recording of him and Jim Varney (!!) playing a cover of Lee Michaels' "Do You Know What I Mean"! I pulled the full song from the recording, and uploaded that separately.

-Joe Walsh

Listened live this week...some times my stream dropped due to dead spots on way to work, but it was still fun. He replayed some songs from previous airings...guess he really liked them ha ha. He played Last Good time in Town, said (I’m paraphrasing) it was lost in the middle of Long Road Out Of Eden. The set list was all over the place, which I enjoy...even played YMCA by the village people. Very cool that he played Split Decision his colab with Steve Winwood. I wish he would chat a bit more. Can’t wait until next week. 🎸 full show link here https://www.885fm.org/programs/joe-w...ll-radio-show/

OK here's the in-studio bits for episode 4. He opened the show with his solo version of "In the City", and as KingWalsh mentioned, he later played "Last Good Time in Town" from "Long Road Out of Eden". He also played "A Life of Illusion" and "One Day at a Time" later in the show. But again as mentioned, the highlight of the night was hearing him discuss how he helped Steve Winwood produce "Split Decision" (great song!). I also wish he would chat a bit more when playing stuff like that! In any case, another good show.

Finally, please subscribe to that YouTube channel, as I've posted several other Joe videos beyond this radio program, and you can also follow me on Twitter at @PlayThatPodcast.
    -Joe Walsh

Thanks again! I've subscribed!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten