Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

I haven’t listened to this week yet (so ashamed..)I couldn’t get the player to work plus my work schedule and this tropical storm and such. But I really enjoy it. That interview was so cool with Cameron and Irving. Funny How a chunk of Irving’s shots were of the top of his head, Joe mentions it too....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    I haven’t listened to this week yet (so ashamed..)I couldn’t get the player to work plus my work schedule and this tropical storm and such. But I really enjoy it. That interview was so cool with Cameron and Irving. Funny How a chunk of Irving’s shots were of the top of his head, Joe mentions it too....lol.
    Irving said he didn't know Joe was video taping it too, only audio for the show. I think it was just his height. LOL I liked when he compared the hair on the top of their heads.
    Maybe Joe will do more video streaming of interviews. Also hopefully more rock history, he's a walking history book of Rock and Roll. His backstage videos sometimes look like a Who's Who of rock.

He sure is scamp! This past Saturdays show was good, no guest, but some cool stories sprinkled throughout. I love how laid back he is and doesn’t “showboat” or brag. Just tells a story that ties into the song, as with the Chris Cornell story...man I would’ve loved to hear that collab!!! He did a nice tribute To Peter Green, and Played great Music as usual. Q&A, some great questions coming in...I learned the Gretsch he gave Pete Townshend was used for the “Midnight Man” recording, how cool is that?!He teased a Very special guest for tonight, and the station says you don’t want to miss, but no mention who it is? The suspense is killing me!! So looking forward to this....

Ok so Edge from U2 was the guest...I was a little bummed, not a big U2 fan, but a good interview nonetheless. I noticed Joe has been posting to Facebook all this time but not on twitter, so there are some cool.posts regarding the show there. He tells the origins of Midnight Man....steamy! ...lucky gal!
    Music was all over the map again, which is great, and played several solo songs including "Theme from Island Weirdos"...such a peaceful song IMHO, never thought I'd hear that one played. He was asked about his book, and says it's written up to going to college, says he has a long way to go. Can't wait until this Saturday....hoping just maybe he will.answer my question.....

Here's the in-studio bits of last Satuday's show, which includes the full interview with The Edge. Joe plays Midnight Man and all of Side A of "Barnstorm", which was pretty cool. Also, he says that "Hotel California" is both his favorite and least favorite song to perform live.

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

And here's the in-studio bits from yesterday's show. No interview this week, but Joe mentioned he might try to get Brian Johnson (from AC/DC) in the future! Also, he talked about the inspiration for his song "Indian Summer".

-Joe Walsh

Hey everybody! Great songs played throughout and questions were answered throughout. As Rambo stated, no guest this week. Hearing him talk about “Indian Summer” was nice, such a great song. One thing that stood out for me was how Marjorie and Joe met! That was nice to hear and didn’t realize they met in 1982, and life interfered basically with them becoming a thing....He tells it way better, so give a listen. Wow!

I like how he answered all the questions even the personal ones. Liked how he says when he and Marjorie would hug good bye they didn't want to let go. I wish he would have her on as a guest. She's a good match for him. It's cute how she runs to kiss him before he goes on stage for shows or how he waves to her when she's mentioned at his award ceremony for the MoPOP Founder Award. They really seem to enjoy each other.
    Sometimes i'll go back and listen to past show's questions just to hear his answers. I skip through little by little till I hear him talk. Wish he'd also have Joe Vitale on. The two of them really get laughing about past history.
    One of the biggest things I've noticed about Joe since getting sober as he is becoming more comfortable with his life and just enjoying it.

Here are the in-studio bits of Joe's two most recent shows. The August 22nd playlist includes "Lucky That Way" from Analog Man and also "Outside" by the Foo Fighters, which is a song Joe played guitar on. And in one of the "Just Ask Joe" segments, he tells a story about one of the James Gang's earliest gigs!

The August 29th playlist includes "Analog Man", "Indian Summer", and "Waiting in the Weeds" from LROoE. But more importantly, it features a wonderful interview with the one and only Brian Johnson of AC/DC. I don't know about you, but I could listen to the ol' dudes gab like this for hours. Great fun!

-Joe Walsh

I am behind with updates too Rambo haha! Last week, no guest and a chunk of songs were of the reflective side, so idk felt kinda down....but the James Gang story was cool! Can’t wait to listen this week! I enjoyed the AXS interview these two did so I know this’ll be great! I wonder how many questions he gets per week? I wonder if he just skims through the most recent? Should I re-ask? Maybe mine are burried ? Come on Joe answer my question!