Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    I like how he answered all the questions even the personal ones. Liked how he says when he and Marjorie would hug good bye they didn't want to let go. I wish he would have her on as a guest. She's a good match for him. It's cute how she runs to kiss him before he goes on stage for shows or how he waves to her when she's mentioned at his award ceremony for the MoPOP Founder Award. They really seem to enjoy each other.
    Sometimes i'll go back and listen to past show's questions just to hear his answers. I skip through little by little till I hear him talk. Wish he'd also have Joe Vitale on. The two of them really get laughing about past history.
    One of the biggest things I've noticed about Joe since getting sober as he is becoming more comfortable with his life and just enjoying it.
    i couldn’t agree more scamp! Their backstory....I was like wow. Funny how life is sometimes. Things can get so tangled and messy and then viola! And yes!! Where is Vitale?? Hopefully he’ll be on soon. His book was a blast and such a great collection of pix. I asked Joe about the John Lennon and Ringo Jam that Vitale mentions in the book. Also a few others. Ha ha. Maybe one day! Marjorie would be a great guest too, maybe she’s shy? How about Lucy? I wonder how his boys are...how about , Don, Timothy, Szymczyk?

I don't think Marjorie is that shy but I do think she is just hanging in the background, you know, just letting Joe be Joe. In his wrap-up videos you can see her dancing on the stage and Ringo's birthday video she's doing most all the talking and sings with Joe.
    One thing I have noticed in some interviews he really hangs on to her tight. A couple times I've seen her answer questions instead of Joe. Ringo will deflect some of the questions from Joe too. Joe is slow answering questions sometimes especially when they catch him off guard such as not being about the event they are attending or such. When he talks about ham radios or guitars and amps he's fine in fact he seems to try to keep his words so others will understand and not be so technical.
    They seem to be happy together and you never see one with out the other. I'll bet when Joe goes over to Ringo's to record, she goes with him and visit her sister and they are very close. It must be nice when Ringo needs a guitar part he gets on the phone can calls Joe and he's there in half hour ready to play. LOL

David Crosby will be Joe’s guest tonight! So cool the guests that he has on! Love it.
    Scamp, ya you’re probably right, let her man do his thing. I also noticed sometimes he is more “reserved”, but I think that’s true with anyone. They are adorable together. I saw the Ringo birthday special too. So sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    David Crosby will be Joe’s guest tonight! So cool the guests that he has on! Love it.
    Scamp, ya you’re probably right, let her man do his thing. I also noticed sometimes he is more “reserved”, but I think that’s true with anyone. They are adorable together. I saw the Ringo birthday special too. So sweet.
    Joe's interview with David Crosby was good. I wish he could video more of them like he did with Crowe. I did see Crosby's show that they talked about. It was nice seeing him going around the old area pointing thins and places out and talking about his health. I recorded it so I can watch it again. I got a chance to see David when it was just Crosby and Stills at the Troubadour. Saw a lot of great people there when they were just starting out including Don and Glenn.

Joe’s show was great as usual chock full of great songs including Busy Being Fabulous—Eagles, Down the Road —Manassas, You’re gonna need me—James Gang , 15 years—Joe, To the Morning—Dan Fogelberg was the last song. He had the interview at the end this time, and it was very cool. Laid back. I’m on the east coast Scamp, born in 76, so jealous you got to experience all that.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm so behind on these, it'll take a long time for me to catch. But, I appreciate all of the recaps.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Joe’s show Saturday was without a guest but he gave a pretty cool rundown on the talk box. At first I was like ugh not another talk box question, but his explanation was great to hear. Great songs played as usual including “The Radio Song”(Under appreciated in my opinion) “These Days”—Jackson Brown, and a group of some of his favorite guitar instrumentals. This upcoming Saturday will feature Stuart Copeland from The Police.

I like the way he's playing so many artist. Sometimes I hear a song and have to look to see who's singing it.
    Being born and raised in Los Angeles Hollywood was a favorite place to go. There used to be so many places where bands played It was a great music time. Also a great drinking time.Sometimes I wouldn't remember the drive home or who I saw. Mondays at the Troubadour was the best. Cheaper to get in and they had "Hoot" time when anyone could play. Seeing some of the people when they were just starting out and forming into groups they are now was great. Joe played more at the Whiskey, it was well known for it's rock shows. AC/DC, Motley Crew and of course Joe. Hard rowdy rock and roll. I feel Lucky to have been able to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Joe’s show Saturday was without a guest but he gave a pretty cool rundown on the talk box. At first I was like ugh not another talk box question, but his explanation was great to hear. Great songs played as usual including “The Radio Song”(Under appreciated in my opinion) “These Days”—Jackson Brown, and a group of some of his favorite guitar instrumentals. This upcoming Saturday will feature Stuart Copeland from The Police.
    I agree with you about the talk box question. When I heard the question being asked, i rolled my eyes and thought damn somebody else already asked that a few weeks back. But it was cool when he went in depth about how it works. Then he started to play a little bit of Rocky Mountain Way and I got excited because I love that song. Then he went and played something else, and I laughed and yelled at my computer speakers "You tease! Nobody likes a tease, Joe!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    I agree with you about the talk box question. When I heard the question being asked, i rolled my eyes and thought damn somebody else already asked that a few weeks back. But it was cool when he went in depth about how it works. Then he started to play a little bit of Rocky Mountain Way and I got excited because I love that song. Then he went and played something else, and I laughed and yelled at my computer speakers "You tease! Nobody likes a tease, Joe!"
    When the question was first asked he said he'd answer it the next week because he wanted to do a segment on it. It was cool. Rocky Mountain Way was a bonus too. I wish he would have streamed it so we could see him and what he was talking about too.
    Can't wait till he digs into his tapes he says he has of jams he done and talks some more on Rock history.