Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Here's the in-studio segments from the past two weeks. The first video includes Joe's full interview with David Crosby (who is a great person to follow on Twitter btw).

Last weekend's show featured a tutorial/demo of Joe's legendary talkbox. And he also spoke about what motivated him to write one of my favorite songs of his: "The Radio Song"!

Stewart Copeland will be the guest on this weekend's show, and that is going to be awesome!
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    When the question was first asked he said he'd answer it the next week because he wanted to do a segment on it. It was cool. Rocky Mountain Way was a bonus too. I wish he would have streamed it so we could see him and what he was talking about too.
    Can't wait till he digs into his tapes he says he has of jams he done and talks some more on Rock history.
    Yes! That will be an awesome show when he does that. And since I missed it when he did the livestream, it'd be cool for him to do another one.

This weekend's show had quite a bit of songs he has played on other shows, but good ones nonetheless! I also enjoy when he plays a song where I have to refer to the playlist, Scamp, this week's gem (besides the Joe solo songs and Eagles of course ) was Dorothy Moore "Misty Blue". He didn't talk as much this time, however his interview with Stuart Copeland was awesome! Two musicians talking all things music and touring. Stuart seems real down to earth. Can't wait to see what this week brings.

Joe is going to have Jimmy Fox from James Gang on this Saturday!!!!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/885fmsoca...38155243208713

Here are the in-studio bits from the past two weeks...

First up is Joe's interview with Stewart Copeland from The Police! Very fun talk. Stewart sounds like a real cool dude. Earlier, Joe Walsh opened the show with his version of "In the City", and then later played "Last Good Time in Town" from LROoE and also "A Life of Illusion".

Second is Joe's interview with his old drummer -- Jimmy Foxx from the James Gang!! After their conversation, Joe played "Fred" from "Yer Album".

Joe is absolutely killing it with his guests. I'm still holding out hope for Don Felder.
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    Here are the in-studio bits from the past two weeks...

First up is Joe's interview with Stewart Copeland from The Police! Very fun talk. Stewart sounds like a real cool dude. Earlier, Joe Walsh opened the show with his version of "In the City", and then later played "Last Good Time in Town" from LROoE and also "A Life of Illusion".

Second is Joe's interview with his old drummer -- Jimmy Foxx from the James Gang!! After their conversation, Joe played "Fred" from "Yer Album".
    Thanks for posting these. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    Joe is absolutely killing it with his guests. I'm still holding out hope for Don Felder.
    Me too!!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The show this past week was so good. Tons of songs I haven’t heard. And hearing Jimmy Fox was soooooooo cool. I love them talking music, tech and such and then to have “Fred” play OMG. Love that under rated gem. The tone....impeccable! I had a gap after “Fred” of maybe 10 min where nothing played, next song being by The Killers...did anyone else experience that? Hoping I didn’t miss anything. Some cool Just Ask Joe questions regarding guitars and such too.

Rambo....if he has Felder I wouldn’t know what I’d do! I have to say when he mentioned a “very special guest” a few weeks back I had that thought in my head...but it wound up being Edge. Nice dude, but I set my hopes too high. I don’t think he will have Felder on unfortunately....but he has been knocking it out of the park with guests! And....

This weekend he is gonna have Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters. Omg!! I love the Foos and Taylor’s side project Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders!! Check em out folks if you haven’t very cool. Joe was on “Get the Money” which was also inspired by Joe’s BB king story and convo with Taylor. I CANT WAIT

The show was tremendous I do believe this week, Just Ask Joe brought in the discussion of different guitar tunings, and lots of "new" songs for me . Last week's guest Taylor Hawkins was GREAT! Give it a listen! An amazing interview regarding the backstory of the kickin song "Get the Money" including the technique Joe used for the guitar solo at the end. Great conversation regarding band dynamics and such, a fun Joe "disturbing the peace" at a restaurant story as well!

https://www.885fm.org/listen/archive...&date=20201003

What will be in story this week??

Well, no guest this week and Joe announced he will be taking a few weeks off for a little r&r. Bummer, I’ve truly enjoyed it, but like he said he did 20 shows, needs a break. He played an eclectic set, and had some Just Ask Joe questions, one he answered saying rock is dead! Say it ain’t so Joe! He played “Half of the Time” off Got Any Gum...I dig this song, especially now. It sounded different for some reason...better speakers? Remastered? Idk.....He ended the show with a send off for Eddie Van Halen and played “The Friend Song”. My eyes got tearful

Hard to believe it's been twenty shows already...LOL To Him it must seem like that daily job Joe says he thought that's what sober people did. Maybe he'll go play with Stuart and bring back some tapes, wouldn't that be great!!!
    Joe said he had some jam tapes that have never been played that he might put on the show sometime..I hope he finds them.
    Unfortunately Joe is right, Rock and Role as we know it is dead. You just don't see groups playin git anymore it seems. But there is hope. My neighbor's son is a fantastic guitar player and a lot of kids his age in the high school advance music program are into rock. So maybe a new generation will play some.
    I wish he'd finish his book. It would be interesting to see how Joe became Joe and how he see things. Life according to Joe.
    Maybe when he comes back on he'll do more streaming interviews. It's nice to see him and who's he interviewing. So glad we can go back and listen to his past shows. Sometimes I go to the play list and replay songs, some of his and some of others I didn't remember.