Thread: If the Eagles covered...

Out on the Border

Default If the Eagles covered...

How's it going board...I am not sure if a topic about a hypothetical Eagles cover of another act's song would fit here, since this may delve off topic a bit...feel free to let me know if this topic needs to be moved elsewhere...

However, I happen to be a huge fan of another great harmony group, the Oak Ridge Boys. There was a thread on their board about covers other acts could do of their little known songs they have done over the years...

My closest friend on the board, Jeff Myers, who usually has great takes on topics like this, suggested that the Eagles might have an interesting take on the Oaks' 1992 song, "Fall", which wasn't a hit for them. (Don't let the song's songwriter, Don Von Tress, fool you...yes, he was the same writer who wrote the annoyance known as "Achy Breaky Heart", but as you will see in the video, this is a much better song of his.

I was wondering if you all feel this song would fit the Eagles with the right arrangement, how they could sing/harmonize/arrange it, etc. I've pondered that a bit this morning...

Default Re: If the Eagles covered...

Interesting topic!

My parents love the Oak Ridge Boys. I like them, too. I remember "Elvira" of course but my parents have their gospel albums.

Would that song be good for a hypothetical Eagles cover? Well, back in the day, the Eagles could cover just about anything and make it their own. Why that song in particular?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

<i>Well, back in the day, the Eagles could cover just about anything and make it their own. Why that song in particular?</i>

I would have to ask Jeff (my friend who added to the thread)...he said the Eagles might have an "interesting take" on "Fall".

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I think we have another old thread similar to on the board. There are lots of great songs that the Eagles could do justice to, IMO. Two that I always said I would have loved to hear them cover are Rose of Cimarron by Poco and Amie by Pure Prairie League. But, even with Tim in the band, they never covered Rose of Cimarron and with Vince Gill touring with the band, no Amie either. So, I guess not.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016