Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

Default Re: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I didn't know Joe took oxygen on stage, does anyone know the reason? Related to his prior drug & alcohol use or an unrelated health condition? I know Mick Fleetwood used to use oxygen backstage after a show in the 70s and 80s.
    Don't know ..He smoked a lot even after he got sober so it could be from that. It could just be at his age and how hard he plays and runs around he needs it to get enough air to sing. In one of his wrap up videos he coming of the stage after the show and when he thanking everyone he's out of breath, you can hear it in his voice. But he does run around a lot on his solo shows. He's said in the past how Marjorie makes him work out before he starts any tours. Said he hates it but does it says she s right it really helps him get through the tour. LOL
    Even with the Eagles he plays hard. When you see him after the shows he's just soaked from sweating so much.

Just a heads-up: the concert is now available to stream on Spotify and Amazon Music. It’s also can be purchased as a download from iTunes.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I bought the dvd set. I have the other concerts on dvd too. Just in case the tv box goes out, I got them.
    One thing I noticed in the Forum video is Don smiling a lot more even chuckling at Joe when he's "warming up the crowd" Usually he seems to sit at his drums and looks like he's making sure all his ducks are in line, so to speak.

Border Desperado

Did anyone notice that during a couple of songs Don Henley isn't on stage at all. I think During Funk #49 and for sure during Rocky Mountain Way. He's not standing with guitar, or playing drums or percussion. I looked several times, even pausing and he's not on stage at all. Has this been common for him in last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Did anyone notice that during a couple of songs Don Henley isn't on stage at all. I think During Funk #49 and for sure during Rocky Mountain Way. He's not standing with guitar, or playing drums or percussion. I looked several times, even pausing and he's not on stage at all. Has this been common for him in last few years?
    I noticed that as well. Given that he sings lead on a lot of the songs, he may be taking short breaks when he isn’t needed on stage. Plus he probably still suffers from back problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I didn't see him on the stage either during RMW. Wonder if he's in the back making sure the strings come in on time. You see Tim holding his hand up and counting for them.
    Don has also had problems with his hands at times I think its his right had that he says sometimes every time he its the drum it's like an explosion going up his arm.
    Let's face it they all aren't as young as the used to be so I would think they all could be having problems of some sort. They all are the same age, Don and Tim already 73 and Joe in nine days.

I guess Don believes fans expect to see him drumming. But he could easily have Scott and others fill in and stop torturing himself.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 11-12-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Watching this tonight. The Hubbs got it on blue ray for my birthday.
    Best. Birthday. Ever.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Watching this tonight. The Hubbs got it on blue ray for my birthday.
    Best. Birthday. Ever.
    This is a late response, LT, but what a great birthday gift (and nice hubby)!

I went back and forth about getting the dvd set because I didn’t really care to get the CDs, just the DVD. Well I checked the Eagles official website and the 2 CD/DVD set was no longer being featured in their store. I clicked on the Super Deluxe set just out of curiosity and it’s out of stock. The only items left are the 4 LP set and the 2 CD set. Then I went to ebay and it seemed the only available DVD sets were imported. So I decided I better buy the DVD set while it was still reasonably priced (and available). I’m so glad I did. Who knows, this could be the last official release from this band!

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is a late response, LT, but what a great birthday gift (and nice hubby)!

I went back and forth about getting the dvd set because I didn’t really care to get the CDs, just the DVD. Well I checked the Eagles official website and the 2 CD/DVD set was no longer being featured in their store. I clicked on the Super Deluxe set just out of curiosity and it’s out of stock. The only items left are the 4 LP set and the 2 CD set. Then I went to ebay and it seemed the only available DVD sets were imported. So I decided I better buy the DVD set while it was still reasonably priced (and available). I’m so glad I did. Who knows, this could be the last official release from this band!
    Enjoy your DVD, Delilah! 💗 We certainly enjoyed mine!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you