Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

Default Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

I know the HOTE documentary has a discussion thread, but it doesn't have a celebration thread, but I hope its ok to make one.

Happy 5th Anniversary to HOTE documentary. Because of this documentary, I fell in love with the Eagles and kinda rediscovered them even though I wasn't a fan fan for many years.

I guess I will bust out my DVD tomorrow.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: Celebration of the History of the Eagles documentary

Happy Anniversary, HOTE!! I think the film has been a point of entry for a lot of new fans and a great re-introduction for fans from years past. Personally, I would be embarrassed to tell any non-fan how many times I have watched it! Of course, I would have liked more in depth personal interviews and the entire Capitol Centre concert. But I am so glad that we have this.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

FF. I wouldn't be embarrassed. I watched it soo many times over 4 years. I would say maybe 50 to 100 times. I would watch it at work to get through the day. I haven't watched in a while.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Happy Anniversary, HOTE!! I think the film has been a point of entry for a lot of new fans and a great re-introduction for fans from years past. Personally, I would be embarrassed to tell any non-fan how many times I have watched it! Of course, I would have liked more in depth personal interviews and the entire Capitol Centre concert. But I am so glad that we have this.
    I would have loved more interviews and the Capital Centre concert too, but I love the HOTE documentary. I am not a fan of reality TV, but those clips from the 70s make me wish there was a reality TV show where a camera just followed them around.

I didn't discover HOTE until Glenn's passing, but I have watched it every two months or so since then (and that's me pacing myself). The first time I saw it, I was so in awe that it took another viewing or two to even focus on what they were saying. Now that I'm talking about it, I think it's time to watch it again...

Wow... 5 years... mind blowing! So glad they did this documentary and the accompanying tour was epic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow... 5 years... mind blowing! So glad they did this documentary and the accompanying tour was epic.
    Ditto!

And a belated Happy Anniversary to the first airing of the documentary.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So much love 💘

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

History of the Eagles documentary....

The reason I re-discovered the Eagles and Timothy B. Schmit . And the reason I discovered Poco.

Man, this documentary has cost me a lot of money on concert dvds and music purchases lol. But I consider that a good thing.

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

The idea to create a HOTE documentary followed/supported by a promotional concert tour was pure genius.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I adore the documentary. I’ve watched it at least 5 times and I just can’t get enough of it. I too saw it only after Glenn passed and I missed out on the HOTE tour which saddens me. Hopefully some video of it will be realized