Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

Default New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

It was announced on Facebook that there will be a new live album/DVD released this fall featuring the band’s 2018 performances at the Forum in L.A.

This is part of the announcement:

LIVE FROM THE FORUM MMXVIII, a Scheme Engine production directed by Nick Wickham, was filmed on 14 4K cameras. The set will be available on October 16 in a variety of audio and video formats, including Blu-ray, CD, Vinyl, and Streaming. A super deluxe edition will also be available. All formats can be pre-ordered now at https://lnk.to/livefromtheforum
    In addition, these performances (compiled as a single concert) will be shown on ESPN this Sunday at 8 p.m. EDT/5 p.m. PDT.

https://www.facebook.com/EaglesBand/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

Thanks, Delilah. Well, we had heard they had filmed that show for release, but I had decided that they had changed their minds. Maybe because they were unable to go forward with any concerts this year.
    But if they REALLY wanted to make some money, they should release classic material. So many fans are dying for it! I still cannot understand their thinking!🙁
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

They are trying to appeal to a younger set of fans who will continue to take the band into the next decade I think. I would love to see more from the millenium years up to Glenn 's death. When he played in Niagara Falls in 2011 they were filming the show. Having been there I would love to see that released!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oooooh, yes!
    I think a 5yr tribute dvd would be so nice! And a 50th anniversary compilation video of the band! (Pipedream),

I would love a release of some classic material! A 50th Anniversary compilation sounds like a great idea. Don H said recently that the band won’t be able to reclaim copyrights to their pre-1978 material until 2028. So I think that might be a stumbling block for now.

At any rate, it’s encouraging that they are releasing stuff like the live 1976 concert with the HC set and now this new live album/DVD. Im a little surprised that we are getting a preview of sorts with the ESPN broadcast.

Henley and Azoff must know the band’s touring days are coming to an end so they are capitalizing by releasing material while they are still a name and a draw.

Here’s a link to the Eagles’ store website where the album/DVD can be ordered. It looks really nice, with some nice-looking pictures on the album cover and a tour book.

https://www.eagles.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    They are trying to appeal to a younger set of fans who will continue to take the band into the next decade I think. I would love to see more from the millenium years up to Glenn 's death. When he played in Niagara Falls in 2011 they were filming the show. Having been there I would love to see that released!

I agree I think they are trying to keep it going, and to give something to all the fans that missed out this year. I was very lucky I saw them in February. I know some are upset with how they are touring, and I totally get it. Of course it’s not the same without Glenn! I would absolutely love to see Long Run era live stuff, outtakes, more HFO footage, LROOE, HOTE, etc I’d gobble it all up, and I too would rather see that.....but I will be tuning in because I just adore them so much.

Geez, Delilah, I didn't know about the copyright issue. Bummer! Sadly, alot of fans will be gone in eight years.

Stuck on the Border

They can release this and not a dvd of the HOTE Tour.
    Question - Why do they have to wait until 2028 for the copy write ownership. I thought they owned them when they won the lawsuit against David Geffen. And yes, I would LOVE to see some classic 1970's material released. I won't hold my breath on it though.

Delilah, Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    They can release this and not a dvd of the HOTE Tour.
    Question - Why do they have to wait until 2028 for the copy write ownership. I thought they owned them when they won the lawsuit against David Geffen. And yes, I would LOVE to see some classic 1970's material released. I won't hold my breath on it though.

Delilah, Thanks for the link.
    IMO, the most likely reason there hasn’t been a video release from the HOTE tour is that Glenn didn’t want it, possibly due to his illness. Other reasons could be that:

• it would be a painful reminder to Glenn’s family of his last year and what he went through
    • maybe they want to leave something for their heirs to release in the future.
    • they didn’t want to over-saturate the market given the recent release of the HOTE documentary and the concert DVD

Also think about how it would have appeared if a HOTE concert video had been released within year of Glenn’s death? I can just see the comments now: “oh those greedy Eagles, profiting from the death of Glenn!”

As far as the lawsuit with Geffen, that had to do with publishing rights, which the Eagles did get. However they still don’t have ownership of the original sound recordings (the masters). Speaking of which I don’t know if it’s ever been established to what extent any of the master recordings were destroyed in that UMG fire.
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-04-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Also think about how it would have appeared if a HOTE concert video had been released within year of Glenn’s death? I can just see the comments now: “oh those greedy Eagles, profiting from the death of Glenn!”
    I doubt it. It's quite common to release such things after an artist dies. I honestly can't think of an example where such an action has been criticized, although I suppose there might have been some.... perhaps in cases where the party releasing the material had had a bad relationship with the deceased? Do you have a certain example in mind?

At any rate, the fans on this board were all desperate for it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten