Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

Default Re: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

I wish they did carryon maybe as Henley Walsh and Schmit and Friends....or Something of that nature....like dead and co (Grateful Dead). But it is what it is. It’s not the same but still amazing.

Over all I liked the show. I thought it was a little dark lighting wise, even when the spotlight was on.
    I like that they are continuing. Glenn was about the music, the Eagles were his baby I feel he'd be happy to see them continue. He said onetime in an interview that he loved to play and didn't know what he'd do if he couldn't. He said he'd like to perform till the day he dies, and he did.
    I think in some ways by the boys continuing to bring the music to their fans is honoring Glenn, the music, the harmony, it's what he loved.
    I just hope they can do some shows in 2021, but so far it's not looking good. I don't know if they could do it in 2022. They's all be pushing 74 real hard. Don has said he doesn't know how long his voice will last Joe uses throat spray now. Tim has changed his vocal range too. Health conditions become a big issue. Sitting at home right now is probably driving them crazy. I hope they can play next year

Me too Scamp! I know it's sad, but hoping for one more go. Joe Vitale mentioned in a recent interview that before the pandemic hit the plan was after the Eagles tour wrapped up in 2020 Joe and Joe were discussing going out on tour. He said they were going to have a zoom meeting regarding such a tour, and being eager to get back on the road. I'd love to see it but COVID is gonna be Hard to beat. This really sucks.

Covid has killed all live performances for now that's for sure. Joe is getting very anxious about playing. On his radio show couple he mentioned getting tested so he and the person he was interviewing, can't think of his name this morning, could get together and jam. One of Joes problems is the longer this goes on the harder it becomes for him to deal with it and his alcohol recovery. He's lucky to have Marjorie, herself a recovering alcoholic and Ringo to talk to help keep him straight. He says he's on zoom every day with AAA group.
    I wonder about his health too. He's been taking oxygen on stage since 2017. His hands are getting worse. When you see others of the same time doing the same thing are passing away or having to stop for health reasons, like Peter Frampton it's scary. These are the people of my time, my music I listened to and still do. These are the people I saw just starting out and becoming one of the biggest bands ever.

It’s very hard not to slip into bad habits/addictions during something like a pandemic. So hard!! As far as Joe on oxygen where did you see that? I know he made a reference during 2017 tour however I think that’s because of the altitude of Red Rocks. Also regarding his hands? I know in 1998 he had some sort of hand surgery, I’m guessing carpal tunnel, but I am unsure. He arrived at the Nicolette Larson tribute concert in a cast. Of course aging creates all kinds of things. I myself am starting to have symptoms of carpal tunnel and hands go numb when playing guitar for some time. It sucks.

I hate seeing all my faves getting up there in age it’s unreal. My daughter has wanted to see stevie nicks so bad and other artists too and it’s looking like that might never happen. But then you see the amazing Ringo and there is hope! He looks fantastic!!

He's carried that little bottle on stage since 2017. He doesn't hide it if you look at his tour wrap-ups. It sits on his amp. You could see it in the Eagles 2019 Hotel tour at MSG and in the 2018 show at the Forum. If you watch him, even in his own tour, you see him with his back to the crowd and take a couple deep breath on it in shows. He usually picks it up with his left hand and picks his drink up with his right.
    He's had hand twitches since the 80's. You can really see it in Ringo's birthday when he's talking with Ringo look at his hands. Sometimes when he plays you see his left thumb just pop up from the neck of his guitar and in one of his videos his right thumb does the same and he loses his pick. If he has on short sleeves you can see hie muscles in his arms twitch or spams all the way up to his shoulders
    On a good note my 2018 Fourm dvd will be here Oct 20th. Can't wait. Saw it on tv but hope it will be longer on the dvd's. I like when they show some of the back stage goings on and show goofs at the end. Hope they have some on this one too.
    I wish Joe would do a youtube video. He could play along with Dave or Ringo on drums, Timothy on bass, Steve Luke on guitar and they all sing. They all live in SoCal not that far apart. They could video it from their own homes just like they did with Ringo's birthday. Ringo puts out his own youTubes so why not Joe? I'd watch it. Don't care if it not a big stage show. Kick back and relax and just play would be so sweet.

Wow Scamp didn’t notice the oxygen until you said it, just remember it from the red rocks vid. I was at MSG section 109, Joes side. didn’t notice. But then again wasn’t looking. Interesting. I’ve noticed he fiddled with his hands a lot and such but haven’t noticed the twitches. I know Felder mentioned him shaky during HFO in his book. Thought it was withdrawal and such. Well hopefully we will see him live again. I’d love to watch him on YouTube too. That would be great with friends and such. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

I think I read in Kristen's book about his hands twitching and how he always keeps them in his pockets too. In Don's book his shakes were from his withdrawal you can see his hands shake in the HFO video. Really shaking. Considering that was the first time he had to perform sober he said he was terrified. Look at him when Glenn is shaking everyone hand. Joe is standing behind Felder and not even smiling and he walks onto the stage he it looks like he just pauses for a second like he's not sure. It takes a few songs before he starts looking at the audience too.
    When you look in the background of his own videos and the Eagles you can see the green mask on the bottle sitting on his amp I've seen him use it after only one song on his video and in the 2018 Forum video he used it a couple times.
    One thing I thought was funny in the 2018 video. In all of Joe's early shows he always dress funny. Weird shirts, baggy suits and sometimes real tight pants. In this video he's the best dressed one on the stage. I was actually surprised he kept his long sleeve shirt on so long usually he take it off after a few songs.

I haven’t read Kristen’s book, I can’t bring myself to do so. But yes I remember the shakiness of Joe during HFO. Sad. I can Only imagine how Terrifying that whole time was. I just never thought twice about the oxygen, but ya you can see it now that you say it. I enjoyed the 2018 Forum show when it was on ESPN. We saved it. I’d like to get a hard copy as well, if you see my old posts, I used to have dish network and then my box died...which had all these saved Eagles and Joe stuff from various AXSTV airings. They are all gone!! So I am slowly buying hard copies of what I had. My new cable co doesn’t offer AXS. Miss that one a lot! As far as Joe’s outfits, ya in Joe Vitale’s book he tells how that all started with the crazy outfits, pretty funny. I think Marjorie helped a lot with getting him back on track wardrobe wise. He looks good!

i count my lucky stars that I saw them in Feb at MSG, right before Pandemic reared it’s ugly head. I got a raglan at show with the dates on the back. I love it, it’s eerie though and makes my one and only time seeing them live even that more special.

I didn't know Joe took oxygen on stage, does anyone know the reason? Related to his prior drug & alcohol use or an unrelated health condition? I know Mick Fleetwood used to use oxygen backstage after a show in the 70s and 80s.