Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: New Live Album Release of 2018 Concerts at the Forum

I agree, Soda. I think most Eagles fans, myself included, would be all over purchasing anything released from the classic era or LROOE and/or HOTE.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Amen Soda and Dreamer!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

My DVR is set!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I doubt it. It's quite common to release such things after an artist dies. I honestly can't think of an example where such an action has been criticized, although I suppose there might have been some.... perhaps in cases where the party releasing the material had had a bad relationship with the deceased? Do you have a certain example in mind?

At any rate, the fans on this board were all desperate for it.
    When it comes to criticism, the Eagles get special attention, I’ve noticed. You’re right Soda that it’s common to release recently recorded material after the death of an artist, at least solo artists. I can’t think at the top my head of a band releasing such material within a year of the death of one of the principal members but no doubt it has happened. At any rate, we’re talking about the Eagles, and anything they do especially since Glenn’s death seems to bring criticisms of greed. I’m not just talking here. It wouldn’t have happened on this board regarding a DVD release from the HOTE tour or maybe not at all anywhere. But it wouldn’t have surprised me.

FWIW, I never said board members wouldn’t want more concert material from any pre-2016 tour. Not sure where that is coming from.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Yay, MarthaJo56!

So far I’m loving this! Missed the preview part that showed Glenn though. My hubby walked in right at that part.

One of my favorite moments so far: Timothy’s shout-out to Randy who was at the show.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

OMG!! That was so great!! I'm glad I DVR-ed it. My Kevin was doing some computer work for his job and kept asking for help. he's very tech challenged.
    Anyway, I'll watch it again after he goes to work & I can fast forward through the commercials.

Vince Gill was phenomenal. I might get flack for this, but I like his voice better than Deacon's on Glenn's songs. Deacon is good and his passion is there, but Vince has better vocal range.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I posted about this in another thread, so I'll put my comments here too.

I caved and watched! It was truly fantastic and I really enjoyed it. Don't hurt me please! You all know I'm a huge Glenn/Eagles fan. I'll never forget him!

From the beginning, I have been No Glenn, No Eagles. I guess time has healed me somewhat. I was very sad during Glenn's songs and during the video clip at the beginning with Glenn and Chris Berman, but I stuck it out and am glad I did. It was all pretty much perfect if you can say that without Glenn being there. They mentioned him throughout and had his picture up at one point too. Deacon was very humble when introing his songs. Vince Gill lives up to his prior reputation and did a wonderful job. Deacon looks so much like young Glenn that he made me sad and nostalgic at the same time. Evidently there wasn't much said about cell phones because I saw people recording and taking pictures several times. The Forum was packed out.

I'm glad I watched this, but I won't be buying tickets or purchasing this, but I did dvr it. It will be better without all the commercials.

I'm sure this is a big money grab for them, but they are a class act!

ETA: Delilah, I enjoyed the shout out to Randy too! I wished they would have shown him!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I am glad you guys watched too! I thought I might be on the outskirts on this one. I loved it. The beginning with Glenn and Chris Berman was so cool. Glenn is not forgotten And Vince And Deacon do great tributes. Deacon looks like Glenn alot, I agree. Man it was way cool TBS mentioned Randy. Maybe Randy declined being shown? But ya wish he was!

So happy I dvr'd this. It was top notch, reminded me of MSG. It took me a couple days to watch, kids weren't that interested, ha ha. I will definitely watch again! Oh and For those who missed it please check it out...it's replaying Monday July 13 9pm est...set your dvr....

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I posted about this in another thread, so I'll put my comments here too.

I caved and watched! It was truly fantastic and I really enjoyed it. Don't hurt me please! You all know I'm a huge Glenn/Eagles fan. I'll never forget him!

From the beginning, I have been No Glenn, No Eagles. I guess time has healed me somewhat. I was very sad during Glenn's songs and during the video clip at the beginning with Glenn and Chris Berman, but I stuck it out and am glad I did. It was all pretty much perfect if you can say that without Glenn being there. They mentioned him throughout and had his picture up at one point too. Deacon was very humble when introing his songs. Vince Gill lives up to his prior reputation and did a wonderful job. Deacon looks so much like young Glenn that he made me sad and nostalgic at the same time. Evidently there wasn't much said about cell phones because I saw people recording and taking pictures several times. The Forum was packed out.

I'm glad I watched this, but I won't be buying tickets or purchasing this, but I did dvr it. It will be better without all the commercials.

I'm sure this is a big money grab for them, but they are a class act!

ETA: Delilah, I enjoyed the shout out to Randy too! I wished they would have shown him!
    I totally understand where you are coming from Brooke. It would be interesting to see it at least. If its anything like the shows that I saw on the European tour they do a good job but its not the same. Glenn is remembered but its not the same as him being there. I felt the shows lacked the continuity and cohesiveness that Glenn brought to them when he was alive. And I can't get used to Vince singing Glenn 's leads. Deacon is a nice lad. It wasn't available to watch or record here in Ireland.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

For me, it was a little unsettling to see Deacon looking so much like young Glenn. OMG!! It was almost like a time travel looking from him to the current (older) guys! The whole time I was feeling pretty sad.

I will NOT be buying anything from them. It's just not right they are carrying on without their leader and using the same name, even with his son.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten