Thread: Don featured on The Dillards new album.

Default Don featured on The Dillards new album.

Don has been busy lately. I just got this email. Don will be featured on bluegrass group The Dillards new album called Old Road New Again. Bernie is also on there. Don will be featured on 3 songs: Always Gonna Be You, My Last Sunset, and the title track with Bernie.

The album will be out digital on August 21st.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...bluegrass.html

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: Don featured on The Dillards new album.

Thanks, Shun! Sounds interesting. I like Herb Pederson, Nitty Gritty, and Sam Bush of the New Grass Revival as well.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I'm not a fan of bluegrass music. I hate it. I love country music, but never was a fan of bluegrass. Since I know what songs Don is on, I will try to listen to those songs.

It will be interesting hearing Don do bluegrass.

I just went on YouTube and it looks like they have already set it up to upload on YT when to comes out.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Ok. I didn't know that She Sang Hymns Out of Tune was originally sung by the Dillards. That song kinda did have a bluegrass sound when Don did it.

Thanks for the post! Good to see Don out and about...Bernie too! I wonder if they ran into each other?

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Thanks for the post! Good to see Don out and about...Bernie too! I wonder if they ran into each other?
    If it has been recorded in the last few months, I doubt it. He probably recorded his parts at home and send it to them.

Here's a link to one of the songs Don is feature on. This is Old Road New Again. This song also feature Bernie on banjo.

http://YouTube.com/KrkEomjQSvw