Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy to be on Richie Furay's virtual concert

Default Re: Randy to be on Richie Furay's virtual concert

Randy !!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Randy!! For those of you who didn't see it, The Meis sang background vocals on the Buffalo Springfield song "For What It's Worth." He wore a trucker hat, headphones and has very long hair. LOL, still a hippie

I could only really hear his voice toward the end, because Richie and his daughter Jesse were singing louder, but I think he sounds good. I'm very happy he can still sing.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Am I the only one experiencing continual technical glitches with this livestream (sound and video constantly cutting out)?
    I did as well. But realized tha they were just not showing the inbetween song banter.Which is a shame. When I saw Richie in concert live, the conversations & intros were almost the best part. Randy looked great, though, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    I did as well. But realized tha they were just not showing the inbetween song banter.Which is a shame. When I saw Richie in concert live, the conversations & intros were almost the best part. Randy looked great, though, I thought.
    Well it was more than skipping banter for me, the video kept freezing and the sound would cut out.

But it was great seeing and hearing Randy. He can still sing, yay!

I guess it’s over even though my screen says that the stream should begin momentarily. With the issues I was having I probably missed the finale.

I thought I was going to miss this. About 3 1/2 hrs ago our power cut off. It turns out to be a rolling brown-out due to downed power lines caused by the hurricane. And our backup generator isn’t working. So I had to use the personal hotspot on my phone to get internet connection on my iPad and watch it from my car in the driveway. That may have been why I got such bad reception. And the power just came back on 20 minutes ago. Go figure!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well it was more than skipping banter for me, the video kept freezing and the sound would cut out.

But it was great seeing and hearing Randy. He can still sing, yay!

I guess it’s over even though my screen says that the stream should begin momentarily. With the issues I was having I probably missed the finale.
    No. I think that was it. There were closing credits. I think that it will be available to watch again for a limited time. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    No. I think that was it. There were closing credits. I think that it will be available to watch again for a limited time. Not sure.

Ok, i definitely did not see the closing credits. My son got in the car with me to cool off and I may have been distracted. I would love to watch it again so hopefully it will be available for a little while.

Did anyone do the meet and greet?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I know some people who did the meet & greet; Randy wasn’t part of it, just Richie.

The guy who headed the production said they would rebroadcast the concert “in a few weeks” due to all the technical difficulties. No further details were given. My guess is that they had so many people for this rare appearance by Randy, that the demand outstripped the server’s capacity.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3507954159263599&id=100001471 496628

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good to hear that Randy was able to do this!

Someone, please let us know if it's available to watch later!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    My guess is that they had so many people for this rare appearance by Randy, that the demand outstripped the server’s capacity.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00001471496628

I wouldn't doubt it. I unfortunately missed it. Glad to hear he looked and sounded good, was.worried about him and all. Thanks for sharing

I know some people who did the meet & greet; Randy wasn’t part of it, just Richie.
    Thanks, NMB. That must have been a nice experience. I’m not surprised Randy wasn’t involved, I wasn’t expecting it.

The guy who headed the production said they would rebroadcast the concert “in a few weeks” due to all the technical difficulties. No further details were given. My guess is that they had so many people for this rare appearance by Randy, that the demand outstripped the server’s capacity.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00001471496628
    That would be most welcome! If Randy’s appearance caused such a boost in demand, it shows how his fans really miss him. I had wondered at the time if Richie’s house being at a somewhat high altitude in the middle of nowhere (or so it seemed) had something to do with it. What a lovely peaceful setting.