Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: London, England 2-20-08

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

MF--Wow-thanks for directing me to this to read about your experience. I actually had goosebumps while reading it. How wonderful for you! I bet you still haven't come down from the cloud you've been floating on. I can't imagine what it would be like to get that close and actually know that Glenn noticed you. I'm much older than you and I would still want to faint and cry all at the same time!

I also really enjoyed your concert review--love the part about Timothy posing for you . I would love to see that!

I must say-I am so envious of all of the experiences I keep reading about here. . My life seems so boring when I read these stories. Not that I am complaining--I have it pretty good actually-but would like someday to have my own Eagles experience to share. I have certainly been waiting long enough for one!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well tbf - I certainly have my fingers-crossed that one day you will get to go to a live show. All I can say is if you ever get the opportunity, don't think twice - seize the moment because you'll never regret it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Mrs Frey....I love your review....I would love to be close enough to Glenn for him to sweat on...LOL Great job!! Even the food sounded good.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    MF--Wow-thanks for directing me to this to read about your experience. I actually had goosebumps while reading it. How wonderful for you! I bet you still haven't come down from the cloud you've been floating on. I can't imagine what it would be like to get that close and actually know that Glenn noticed you. I'm much older than you and I would still want to faint and cry all at the same time!

I also really enjoyed your concert review--love the part about Timothy posing for you . I would love to see that!

I must say-I am so envious of all of the experiences I keep reading about here. . My life seems so boring when I read these stories. Not that I am complaining--I have it pretty good actually-but would like someday to have my own Eagles experience to share. I have certainly been waiting long enough for one!
    Awww, thanks TBF! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading my review so much. I was so tired after having got no sleep on the plane from London, but I just HAD to write my review as soon as I could. It was a Public Holiday after the day I returned (the Easter weekend), so after having taken about a day and a half to recover from my trip, I started my review. I worked on it from the afternoon until early hours of the next morning! Once I started I just couldn't stop - I was so afraid I'd forget something, but fortunately the few notes I made at the gig helped to bring everything flooding back.

I was certainly floating around for about two weeks after I returned home, but events in my life brought me down to earth with a loud thud, unfortunately. When things get tough, I look at the photos I took at the concert and of the friends I finally met in London, and then I remember just what I achieved, and that anything's possible if I put my mind to it.

I really hope you get your Eagles experience, TBF. I consider myself very fortunate, despite the expense involved, to have got the opportunity to see the boys so soon after I became fanatical about them. Since you've been a fan for such a long time, it's just right that you get a chance to see them.

I've just checked my photos and realised that the photo I took of Tim when he posed for me is not on the discs that I requested from the image centre when I had my photos developed! I have an analogue camera, and therefore had to have the negatives scanned onto the discs. I'll see if I can have the photo scanned and then post it for you!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Share1967
    Mrs Frey....I love your review....I would love to be close enough to Glenn for him to sweat on...LOL Great job!! Even the food sounded good.
    Thanks for the kind words, Share! If only Glenn could have been that close to me... Yes, it was a good night indeed!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm going to resurrect an old thread to post my 2500th post. I was looking through my London file and found a few photos that I took which haven't seen the light of day yet! So breaking with my tradition of using Frey Fever to celebrate milestones, here goes:

An Early shot, taken about 35 or 40 mins into the show. Lyin Eyes perhaps?

Glenn in his shirt sleeves. Unfortunately the mic hides his mouth or it would have been a stunner!!

And close up at the piano towards the end. At that stage I was hanging onto everything that came out of his mouth!

Its a little softer.

Please come to Dublin Glenn
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh my gosh, that second one is amazing! Glenn is so fine! And congrats on 2500!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm glad you like it Soda! Thanks. Glenn does look well. Thanks for the good wishes.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Those are gorgeous, Ga! A lovely way to celebrate 2500!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congrats, GA! Keep on posting!