Thread: My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

I did it! Our show's first ever interview was with Kristin Casey, who wrote "Rock Monster: My Life with Joe Walsh".

This is PART ONE of my discussion with Kristin Casey. In PART ONE, Kristin talks about her writing influences, Rick Rosas, the "Got Any Gum" album, a forgotten supergroup called THE BEST, the Eagles reunion, what it's like being "celebrity adjacent", and the complicated subject of underage groupies.

PART TWO will be posted next week. Hope you all enjoy it!

If you're on twitter, you can follow Kristin and also my show. Or check out my facebook page as well!

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Default Re: My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

Thanks for posting the video, RamboIV. She seems like a nice, grounded person. I wasn’t sure what to expect as it always seemed kind of exploitive to me for a non-celebrity to write a tell-all about a famous ex-. I was actually living in Austin at the same time she met Joe. I only got to to the first 30 minutes though and will have to finish it later.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

I'm happy to find this posted and ready to go: I intend to give it a listen tonight. Thanks!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I hope you all are enjoying the interview! I realize that an hour and twenty minutes is a lot to ask, so I've posted four clips that have been excerpted from the interview. So if you're not sure about listening to the whole thing, here are a few highlights...

First, here are Kristin's memories of Joe's sidekick, Rick the Bass Player

These are the books & authors that inspired her writing process

One of my favorite oddities of Joe's career is his time with THE BEST in 1990. Some good John Entwistle stories in that one lol.

And finally, a video specifically for THE BORDER -- Kristin talks about meeting the other guys in the Eagles
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Great Part 1!
    Can't wait for Part 2!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again for posting the interview. I'll probably listen to both parts before commenting.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016