Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

Default My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

I did it! Our show's first ever interview was with Kristin Casey, who wrote "Rock Monster: My Life with Joe Walsh".

This is PART ONE of my discussion with Kristin Casey. In PART ONE, Kristin talks about her writing influences, Rick Rosas, the "Got Any Gum" album, a forgotten supergroup called THE BEST, the Eagles reunion, what it's like being "celebrity adjacent", and the complicated subject of underage groupies.

PART TWO will be posted next week. Hope you all enjoy it!

If you're on twitter, you can follow Kristin and also my show. Or check out my facebook page as well!

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Default Re: My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

Thanks for posting the video, RamboIV. She seems like a nice, grounded person. I wasn’t sure what to expect as it always seemed kind of exploitive to me for a non-celebrity to write a tell-all about a famous ex-. I was actually living in Austin at the same time she met Joe. I only got to to the first 30 minutes though and will have to finish it later.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: My Interview with KRISTIN CASEY (Author of "Rock Monster: My Like with Joe Walsh"

I'm happy to find this posted and ready to go: I intend to give it a listen tonight. Thanks!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I hope you all are enjoying the interview! I realize that an hour and twenty minutes is a lot to ask, so I've posted four clips that have been excerpted from the interview. So if you're not sure about listening to the whole thing, here are a few highlights...

First, here are Kristin's memories of Joe's sidekick, Rick the Bass Player

These are the books & authors that inspired her writing process

One of my favorite oddities of Joe's career is his time with THE BEST in 1990. Some good John Entwistle stories in that one lol.

And finally, a video specifically for THE BORDER -- Kristin talks about meeting the other guys in the Eagles
    -Joe Walsh

Great Part 1!
    Can't wait for Part 2!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again for posting the interview. I'll probably listen to both parts before commenting.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

And here is PART TWO! This one takes the focus off Joe's career a bit. Instead we talk about Kristin's interactions with Ringo Starr, Stevie Nicks, Bob Dylan, Dave Edmunds, Wolfman Jack, Bonnie Raitt, Lita Ford, and Gene Simmons (yuck lol). And then in the second part of the discussion, we talk about the nature of drug addiction and how she & Joe had to take separate paths to sobriety.

I have another interview that will be posted next week, but it's not Eagles related so you'll have to follow my facebook page or Twitter account to see what that is.

Thanks for checking these out! This was my first interview, so I appreciate you giving it a watch!

-Joe Walsh

I listened to Part 1 and really enjoyed it. It was kind of bittersweet to hear Kristin compare Joe’s friendship with Felder to his one with Rick Rosas. Very interesting to hear some of her impressions and insights, esp. regarding the Eagles reunion.

For the record, the 15 yo prostitute at Henley’s party did NOT die - she survived the overdose after he called the paramedics.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    the 15 yo prostitute at Henley’s party did NOT die - she survived the overdose after he called the paramedics.
    Oh, I must have misremembered that. Thanks for pointing it out -- I'll post a correction in my video description.

Prostitute or not, it's still a tragic story. I only brought it up because it coincides with what Joe told Kristin about those "Third Encore" parties in the '70s. Frankly, that's probably the most revealing part of the whole interview. But it's an unpleasant topic, so I don't want to focus too much on it.

I've posted some other clips from the PART TWO interview over on my YouTube page. They're not Eagles-related, as Part Two is less Joe-focused.

Thank you all for watching/listening! This was my first ever interview for this show, and it means a lot that you took the time to see how it went. My first ever YouTube content was posted online way back in 2009, and the first people who watched it were here on The Border. I'll have more Eagles stuff in the future, and I'll continue to post it here. I just wanted to say I appreciate you all for your support over the years. I know I don't post over here as much as I used to, but I do know this is where the best Eagles fans are!
    -Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    Oh, I must have misremembered that. Thanks for pointing it out -- I'll post a correction in my video description.

Prostitute or not, it's still a tragic story. I only brought it up because it coincides with what Joe told Kristin about those "Third Encore" parties in the '70s. Frankly, that's probably the most revealing part of the whole interview.
    Yes, it was a sad situation for the young girls involved. As far as the Third Encore, underage groupies, drugs, and misbehaving married men are not really surprising to me, whether it’s the Eagles or some other 70s rock band. Heck, it’s been known to happen even among non-musicians, maybe using booze instead of pills.

The most revealing part to me was the elevator anecdote from the HFO tour. While I knew the guys didn’t socialize or interact much, I didn’t realize it was so cold. Also, the word going around about Felder getting paid more for taking content out of his book was new to me. That really makes me curious!

I know I don't post over here as much as I used to, but I do know this is where the best Eagles fans are!
    That’s nice of you to say. I’m sure Soda would appreciate that!