Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-22-08

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    I applaused so much during the show that my hands were swollen
    Lol, Claire, I actually had a bruise on the palm of my left hand the next day from clapping so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    I these guys!!!
    Claire, I'm so pleased that your first Eagles concert was such a success, and thank you very much for a wonderful review - your English is excellent!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Hi everybody,

Have at last got around to getting my thoughts about the Sat show into some sort of order, so here goes:-

EAGLES – LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN
    O2 ARENA, LONDON SATURDAY 22 MARCH 2008

Well, what can I say? My first Eagles concert – fabulous, amazing, superb, incredible……words are just not enough!!

ILAA
    We had 5 Star VIP tickets so we arrived at 5pm for the pre-show party. The food was nice and our ILAA rep was a very pleasant lady. We didn’t win anything in the raffle.
    We sat with two lovely ladies who had come over from the US to see Thursday & Saturdays shows. They had seen the Eagles many times, in the US and the UK. We were joined by a German couple who had been over to LA last year for one of the Nokia shows. It was great taking to them all and hearing their Eagles experiences.

ANTICIPATION
    Our seats were in the middle block (A2), 3rd row from the stage, seats no: 24 & 25, which are slightly left of centre.

7.50 – The house lights went down and the support band came onto the stage – I turned to my friend and said ‘there’s Will’ and ‘it’s about to start’. Then the Eagles came onto the stage, the lights came on and they were straight into ‘How Long’.
    I can’t describe the emotions that were sweeping over me in those few minutes, but I will never forget the feeling – it was almost surreal.

THE SHOW
    The Eagles were in great voice and the whole show sounded good. I liked the set – well chosen. LROOE sounded awesome live, and I’m glad they did ‘Somebody’ as I thought from the first time I heard it that it was an ideal one to do live.
    The Eagles seemed to be in fine spirits, and all entered into dialogue with the audience. There was a guy in the 2nd row who was calling out light-hearted remarks to them and both Glenn and Timothy happily responded to him. One thing that struck me was Timothy’s personality. It comes over so much more live than it does on videos of shows.
    Glenn was his usual charming self, overflowing with charisma. Don was in light-hearted mood too, and joked about us needing to buy t-shirts during the intermission as we were having just to weather to wear them!! Joe was…….well, Joe! as ever.
    The support band was in jovial mood too. Scott & Will were fooling around during the band introductions, playing the drum roll & keyboard chords in the wrong places, which threw Glenn out of his stride and made him laugh.
    I’m glad I decided to pay the extra for ILAA and guaranteed myself a seat near the front. It’s the only way to pick up on the passing looks, asides and shared humour going on between the guys themselves and the support musicians.
    I thought the Eagles looked very sexy in their dark suits, white shirts & dark ties, and having the support band in suits with dark shirts & ties completed the look (Will in a suit and tie...be still my heart ).
    I’m still undecided as to whether they should have changed into casual wear for the second part of the show. It would have been good to see but would it have been the right thing to do? after all, the suits are the LROOE image and the tour is promoting the album.

I liked the stage back-drops to the songs. There were some good pictures, some funny ones and some old video clips of the Eagles.

THE GUYS, EYE CONTACT AND PHOTO’s

During the opening song camera flashes were going off like a firework display, but it didn’t last for long. Throughout the show there was only the odd one now and again from further back in the auditorium. Myself and those around me who were near the stage didn’t need to use the camera flash as there was plenty of light from the stage (too much at times). The guys didn’t seem to be at all bothered that we were taking photo’s throughout the show.

My seat was right in front of Glenn, and I had a good view of the whole band. During the show the people directly in front of me (in rows 1 & 2) didn’t stand up at all until the 1st encore, so when I was standing (which was a lot of the time) it was easy for me to make eye contact with Glenn and Timothy(when he was singing lead Timmy’s mike stand was moved over almost into Glenn’s position). I made eye contact with Glenn quite a few times during the show & he smiled at me, which was great.

For the first couple of songs I couldn’t take my eyes off of Will. When he was sitting side-on to the audience I was directly in his line of vision(I would have liked to have been sitting to the right a bit more so that I was in front of him when he was facing the audience, but I guess where I was sitting was the next best place).
    I made eye contact with Will a few times and was treated to his amazing stare 2 or 3 times. I felt like he was reading my mind. He didn’t seem to mind that I was pointing my camera at him (frequently!); I thought he might look away, but he just kept looking straight towards me.
    I don’t know about being on ‘Cloud 9’, I think I was on ‘Cloud 9,999’ !!!!

Will looks gorgeous in the flesh; so handsome in his suit and very huggable. His hair is cut shorter again (but not spiky on top like before). Although I liked his hair when it was a bit longer, I prefer it short as it makes his face look cute.
    It is great to have my own personal and very special photo’s of Will.
    I’m even more smitten with Will and I adore him even more than I did before.

IT CAN’T BE OVER YET!
    The time went so fast. When they went off after LITFL I couldn’t believe that the show was almost over. I’m so glad they did ‘All she wants to do is dance’ in the 1st encore, and that they closed the show in traditional style with ‘Take it Easy and Desperado’.

All in all, it was a very special evening – a dream come true; well, two dreams really, firstly seeing & hearing the Eagles live for the first time and secondly, being so close to my darling Will.

I have a feeling that life will never be quite the same again.

p.s. My friend who went to the show with me wasn’t very familiar with the Eagles music, but she loved the songs & the show, so we have a convert – she’s 'seen the light’ and is now an Eagles fan. Hallelujah! (Plus she was quite distracted by Scottie the hottie).

So glad to read everyone's reviews. We all had a fantastic time didn't we?

I'll post of few more photo's soon

LOL
    Steph

Another ILAA girl! Glad you had such a good time, and were able to add a new member to the Eagles fan club! Your man Will does look sharp in that black top and black tie. I can't wait to see the rest of your photos!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

Claire and Steph: you girls have my heart beating so fast and me literally holding my breath here in the office! I just LOVED reading your reviews. I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Claire, I noticed that you paid meticulous attention to the lighting, which fascinated me. The lighting was actually one of the things I paid the least attention to, unless I needed good lighting to take photos! Your English is excellent, so you don't need to worry about communicating your feelings - you communicate very clearly! It's great that you thought of me "travelling the world" as you put it to attend the concert - it was a very long flight, but Lord knows, it was worth every stomach cramp and every bit of sleep that I lost. I'll remember Glenn's look, point and wink for the rest of my life... I'm also glad for you that you were sitting next to another big Eagles fan.

You mentioned that Glenn danced more than usual on ASWTDID. You're so lucky to have seen that! GA, GEF and I thought that he didn't dance enough on the night we went! From both your and Steph's reviews, it seems the boys were much more relaxed on the Saturday, due probably not only to having broken the ice on opening night (when we attended), but also because they had a much more enthusiastic crowd, judging from what you report. I just wish that our crowd had been more prone to dancing - otherwise GA and I would have done more standing up, and probably got more looks from Glenn ! As it was, we got looks from him (and Timothy too!) while we were sitting!

Steph, how wonderful for you that you had eye contact with both Glenn and your darling Will. I took one photo of Will (with Chris Mostert in the background), but it's not a great photo, as it was very dark where they were sitting and my flash just isn't powerful enough. I'll post it for you in the London thread, anyway. I'm glad you got photos as well, and I look forward to seeing them.

I'm also glad for you that you were able to listen to other huge Eagles fans share their experiences with you at the ILAA function.

Oh wow - I'm beginning to wish that I'd forked out another ILAA ticket for the Saturday show... as I mentioned in my review, I flew back to South Africa at the same time as the Eagles performed that night, and cried because I was leaving my Eagles behind... Yes, life will never be the same for me again either!

P.S.: I'm working on a plan to get the boys to come to South Africa...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    I can’t describe the emotions that were sweeping over me in those few minutes, but I will never forget the feeling – it was almost surreal.
    Exactly!

I thought the Eagles looked very sexy in their dark suits, white shirts & dark ties, and having the support band in suits with dark shirts & ties completed the look.
    I’m still undecided as to whether they should have changed into casual wear for the second part of the show. It would have been good to see but would it have been the right thing to do? after all, the suits are the LROOE image and the tour is promoting the album.
    Good point!

It is great to have my own personal and very special photo’s of Will.
    I’m even more smitten.
    Yeah, they are very special when you take them yourself!

IT CAN’T BE OVER YET!The time went so fast. When they went off after LITFL I couldn’t believe that the show was almost over.

I have a feeling that life will never be quite the same again.
    I know, how can it be over already?! And, nope, you won't ever be the same!

p.s. My friend who went to the show with me wasn’t very familiar with the Eagles music, but she loved the songs & the show, so we have a convert – she’s 'seen the light’ and is now an Eagles fan. Hallelujah! (Plus she was quite distracted by Scottie the hottie).
    Wonderful! It will be great to have someone close to share them with! And Scottie is quite hot, too! Good for her!

Thanks for a wonderful review, Steph! I'm so glad for you! Can't wait for your pics!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow, Steph, thank you for your wonderful review - I know exactly what you mean about life not being the same after your first Eagles concert. After my first one two years ago I spent a fortune on better and better seats for two more, and this last one was the best ever!

I'm so pleased you got looks from the guys, especially Will! I still have yet to get a special look from my man Glenn, so please, please come back again soon guys!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Yes, the crowd at the Saturday show were enthusiastic and the boys were very relaxed. As you say, they were probably a bit tense at the first show on Thursday. The 2 ladies that I met(from the US) had seen the Thursday show and were complaining that British fans were not very lively, 'cos hardly anyone got up & danced at the Thursday show. I told her that was about to change!! as I had no intention of sitting down all through the show. I was on my feet and singing my heart out. Once a few of us at the front got up & danced lots more people followed. By the latter part of the show even people right at the back on the high-up seats were standing.

I think we owe it to the band to join in. They often tell us that they feed on the audience reaction, so you'll get a much better show if you join in & give something back to the performers.

I'm currently going through my photo's and trying to improve those which are a bit over exposed or shaky(difficult to take good clear photos when the band are moving & the stage lights change colour). I'm also going to isolate the guys and make individual photos from some of the more wide screen ones. So bear with me, I'll post a few at a time as I get them right.

LOL

Steph

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well MF and I DID stand up and did our best but we didn't receive the most enthusiastic response from those aroound us. Someone even told MF that his wife 'couldn't stand for a lomg period of time!!' Well I'm sorry for him, but MF didn't travel half way across the world to be subdued by that kind of comment.
    And we got our rewards from Glenn

But GEF I know what you mean. I too just want to go back! Its like 'Just one more' PLEASE

Would anyone come to Dublin if they did here again?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oh my, all these reviews... I badly want to see them again. Has anyone heard about more tour dates, maybe in Germany?

I'm glad you enjoyed my review! I love reading detailed ones, so I tried to write mine in the same way

Soda, you're right, I love them more now that I saw them live... I didn't expect to be so marked by a show!

MF, usually I don't pay much attention to lightings and all this stuff but that night, everything caught my eye ... I didn't want to miss a minor detail! That's so great you had an eye contact with Glenn! I can imagine how you felt after that:
    You mentionned how sad you felt after the show, I know what you mean! Actually, I felt a bit down yesterday, but then I thought that I had been lucky enough to make my dream come true and that I had an incredible time! And who knows, maybe I'll have a chance to see them again one day